Cornwall Football Forum

LWC Drinks Combination League Results - Tuesday/Thursday 10/12th April 2018

Results for 
Tuesday 10th April 2018 
Carharrack (Matt Mcilroy 2) 2-1 Perranporth (Luke Wort)
Att - ???
Goonhavern Athletic (Jamie Preston 2) 2-5 Penryn Athletic (Russel May, Jackson Saunders, Liam Jarvis, Ryan Reeve Elliott Jorey)
Att - 20
Helston Athletic Reserves (Joe Wright) 1-0 St Ives Town 
Att - 45
Holman SC (Adam Brown, Jack Mankee) 2-2 Perranwell (Chris Madeley, Ian Bromell)
Att - 25
Illogan RBL Reserves (Jacob Hoon, Kiall Maugham) 2-2 Hayle (Ben Williams, Liam Mooney)
Att - 35
Porthleven Reserves (Gavin Perraton 2, Oscar Fergus-Gay, Dan Greet, Chris Wormington, George Molcher) 6-4 St Just (Josh Atwood 2, Luke Waller, Ben George)
Att - 25
St Day (Luke Hart, Dan Richards) 2-0 Mullion 
Att - 34
West Cornwall (???) 1-3 Redruth United (Josh Holness. Jack Adams. Dave Mitchell)
Att - 20

Thursday 12th April 2018
Falmouth Town Reserves v St Just 
Holman SC v West Cornwall

Hayle 2- 2 Illogan , goals Ben Williams and liam Mooney  , with a great strike  Hayle should have won but couldn't hold  on with a cross into the box going into the top corner  , and a free kick into the box which everyone apart from the Illogan player  jumped over the ball . Played in good spirits with scoffy  the busiest of the two keepers  , George Patterson was the ref as  always was great  and talking  to players as the game went on  , not a bad crowd  either .  

Combo: Carharrack 2 Perranporth 1

I missed the first 10 minutes so cannot comment but when I arrived both teams were giving it their all in attack. This was a proper clash at the top.  Both teams getting through on goal only to be denied by the goalkeepers who were both on form. The first goal came from a goal mouth scramble and Matt McIllroy was unmarked at the edge of the box, ball landed to his feet a couple of seconds to think about it then smashed it into the net. I think that was about 30 minutes in. Perranporth looked slightly stunned but got on with the game with Boy Wort getting behind the Carharrack defence but ball going over the box.

Turning point was one of our players being impeded in the box, match official had a better position than me, pointed to the spot. McIllroy stepped up and smashed it into the back of the net. Half Time.

Got my bacon bap and tea half time. 

Second half no offence Perranporth looked tired but sometimes you need the rub of the green and the visitors got through with a goal from boy Wort who got through on goal inside the box. But the Reds didn't give up and Ryan Stephens nearly made it 3-1 but missed the target. Popey brought himself on and it made a impact. Justin urging Perranporth forward threw everything forward but just couldn't reply, bit silly fighting between themselves when they could of organised a attack to draw the game. But final whistle gone by Luke, 3 points earned I say.

Quality match for £2