Newton Abbot Spurs    5,    Torridgeside   0          

University of Exeter P-P St Martins

DIVISION ONE WEST

Ludgvan    3,     Porthleven   0

Penzance    2,    Liskeard Athletic   2  

Wendron United    0,    St Dennis   2  

5 hours ago, Clubman said:

What no Leeds tonight?

Fair result, plenty of passion showed from both sides & very well refereed. We have Saltash, Parkway & St.Austell in the space of 7 days, now even the great Bodmin team of two/three years ago wouldn't of coped with 3 huge challenges like that in 7 days, & any half decent manager would agree its impossible. For me personally (& I'm sure many others) for the first time in 25 years I am quite looking forward to this season being over. Out of our control I know but these fixtures pile ups are & will make a mockery of the final table come May. ( No disrespect to Parkway) as they are there on Merit & deserving league champions. But these games crammed in to a short space of time mixed with unavailability, injuries, suspensions etc for just takes the shine of the season. Any way a good point against the Champions, now we move on to St.Austell! 

2 hours ago, leedsunited said:

Fair result, plenty of passion showed from both sides & very well refereed. We have Saltash, Parkway & St.Austell in the space of 7 days, now even the great Bodmin team of two/three years ago wouldn't of coped with 3 huge challenges like that in 7 days, & any half decent manager would agree its impossible. For me personally (& I'm sure many others) for the first time in 25 years I am quite looking forward to this season being over. Out of our control I know but these fixtures pile ups are & will make a mockery of the final table come May. ( No disrespect to Parkway) as they are there on Merit & deserving league champions. But these games crammed in to a short space of time mixed with unavailability, injuries, suspensions etc for just takes the shine of the season. Any way a good point against the Champions, now we move on to St.Austell! 

Certainly agree with you there Leeds the shine has certainly gone off this season for me with so many postponed games due to the weather. The pitches will sure need some TLC come the end of the season!

Ludgvan 3 - 0 Porthleven

A good game to watch for the neutral. End to end first half with chances for both sides. Ludgvan went in 1-0 at HT thanks to very early goal. Second half Porthleven pushed for an equaliser but poor final ball and poor finishing didn't help their cause. Ludgvan looked very good on the counter attack and a well worked moved resulted in them going 2-0 and not long after a very neat turn from the striker allowed them to take a 3-0 nil lead. A couple of tasty tackles from both sides which could of seen :SM_carton: rather than the :SM_carton_y: that were produced but overall I think the ref had a very good game and controlled this local derby very well.

With the games coming thick and fast for most of the Div 1 west sides now. Going to be a very tight finish i think which will make for great watching.

Good luck to all the teams in the hunt for the title. 

The West division is the one to watch. So many clubs in with a chance to win it and get promoted. With Parkway walking it since August its been a bore fest all season with nothing to play for. Intresting few weeks left. Even Bude making up ground at the bottom. Nothing decided yet. 

Agree with Paul, the West Division is worth a follow!! Any one of the top 8 could still realistically win it with all these games left and against each other! The lead seems to change hands every round of fixtures. Also the bottom five have it all to play for to avoid that bottom spot! Good league to watch ?

On 12/04/2018 at 11:32, Paul said:

The West division is the one to watch. So many clubs in with a chance to win it and get promoted. With Parkway walking it since August its been a bore fest all season with nothing to play for. Intresting few weeks left. Even Bude making up ground at the bottom. Nothing decided yet. 

One thing decided Paul, heard this lunchtime down the club that St.Blazey have been refused permission to be granted promotion should they finish in the promotion places. Bit of a kick in the teeth for St.Blazey with the history & tradition behind the club

Playing for pride only now it seems Paul

38 minutes ago, Paul said:

What a complete load of shite. It really is a stupid decision. We might not have won promoton anyway but to say that ground is not up to step 6 is bloody joke. Shambles. 

Yet if you were a Devon club you would not even have to have your own ground or even floodlights ! Shows what a shambles the swpl  is !

Big AL - It’s the Fa that set the rules not the swpl. Your them and us attitude towards Devon, coupled with negativity towards even crossing the bridge is isolationist and overtly parochial. Small minded individuals like yourself are slowly killing Cornish football. When the league splits in two years time Cornish clubs will be more cut off than ever. I guess you think that’s progress. Devonian football meanwhile continues to rise with potentially 6 southern league clubs in the next few years., whilst the leading Cornish clubs outside of Truro will be playing in a county league. Even if Bristol is too far, your leading clubs should be fighting to keep playing Devon clubs.

11 hours ago, Rob1978 said:

Big AL - It’s the Fa that set the rules not the swpl. Your them and us attitude towards Devon, coupled with negativity towards even crossing the bridge is isolationist and overtly parochial. Small minded individuals like yourself are slowly killing Cornish football. When the league splits in two years time Cornish clubs will be more cut off than ever. I guess you think that’s progress. Devonian football meanwhile continues to rise with potentially 6 southern league clubs in the next few years., whilst the leading Cornish clubs outside of Truro will be playing in a county league. Even if Bristol is too far, your leading clubs should be fighting to keep playing Devon clubs.

This man speaks a lot of sense

11 hours ago, Rob1978 said:

Everyone has an opinion, just accept it. If you believe that there will be all those southern league clubs in Devon you are in fairy tale land.The best thing that will happen is the league splitting and Cornish clubs remain in Cornwall. Am I not correct in stating that Plymouth do not have their own ground and another club no floodlights - check your facts before considering being bombastic !

14 hours ago, Paul said:

What a complete load of shite. It really is a stupid decision. We might not have won promoton anyway but to say that ground is not up to step 6 is bloody joke. Shambles. 

One of the best grounds around, really shows the gap between theoretically based assessments and the reality of what clubs, players, officials and supporters judge and think

Tiverton, Barnstaple and Bideford are all southern league clubs. Willand and Buckland are both challenging for promotion to the league this year and both clubs have made massive progress in the last few years. Parkway also have the finance and ambition to play southern league. How is this fairytale land????

1 hour ago, Rob1978 said:

Tiverton, Barnstaple and Bideford are all southern league clubs. Willand and Buckland are both challenging for promotion to the league this year and both clubs have made massive progress in the last few years. Parkway also have the finance and ambition to play southern league. How is this fairytale land????

1 hour ago, Rob1978 said:

That is your thinking - still fairytale land ! The sooner Cornish clubs are separated from such arrogant attitudes the better !

2 hours ago, THE BALD ONE said:

As no Cornish teams want to take promotion ( for what ever reason _ I am not judging them ) , perhaps it is better if the have their own Cornish league and come out of the pyramid system. There would be no complaints about travelling at all. Especially midweek.

No FA Cup or FA Vase either!

Can you explain how it’s fairytale land? Its only the southern league, not the premiership. Leading Cornish sides will soon loose league fixtures against Parkway, Argyle and Tavistock, and will play village teams instead. How is that going to help gates; sponsorship and profile??

15 minutes ago, Rob1978 said:

Can you explain how it’s fairytale land? Its only the southern league, not the premiership. Leading Cornish sides will soon loose league fixtures against Parkway, Argyle and Tavistock, and will play village teams instead. How is that going to help gates; sponsorship and profile??

I reckon gates will increase as their will be more away support. At the moment, how can an away fixture in the evening to Cullompton from Falmouth gain any away support - I am surprised the team can make it if they are working ? Stupid fixturing is a kind comment !

Went to Blazey fairly recently. Pitch was in a terrible state. Some of the floodlights not working. Facilities seem a bit run down like they have been let go a bit. It is a shame but they won’t finish in the promotion spots anyway so gives them a chance to revamp what used to be a fantastic set up.

I have no connection with any club, it is for them to decide what they want, and presumably although signing up for a league 11 years ago which they knew offered and involved promotion and relegation, it’s turned out it’s not for them!

What do I want :-

1) promotion without all this ground grading malarkey 

2) the FA to acknowledge football at Step 6,7 and beyond exists

3) Players to man up and play the game without cheating, play acting and moaning

4) smaller leagues

5) for it to be apparent that there is enjoyment in the game!

That’s probably enough for starters!

Real fairy-tale stuff too! ??

52 minutes ago, Rob1978 said:

Fair points. The whole grading system seems over the top. I also think the fa should help geographically isolated clubs with travel.

The FA say all clubs have travel etc and they cannot fund one over another, but if clubs take promotion through the system extra funding becomes available and would help as the below suggests:-

Grant limits

Grant limits for The FA National League System clubs (applies to any five year period)

Clubs in The FA National League System

Maximum cumulative grant value*

Maximum percentage grant

Step 1

£400,000

70%

Step 2

£250,000

70%

Steps 3 and 4

£150,000

70%

Steps 5 and 6

£100,000

70%

Step 7

£20,000 (but up to £50,000 for applications including changing rooms)

70%

Back in the early 1990’s Buckland, Willand and Parkway were all basically pub teams. Since then they have gone from strength to strength. They are already in fairytale land. Of course all 3 can make the southern league. Having ambition is not arrogance, it is what football should be about. 

5 hours ago, Rob1978 said:

Back in the early 1990’s Buckland, Willand and Parkway were all basically pub teams. Since then they have gone from strength to strength. They are already in fairytale land. Of course all 3 can make the southern league. Having ambition is not arrogance, it is what football should be about. 

If any Cornish side had progressed the way these 3 sides have, I'm sure a certain someone would never call them arrogant