Cornwall Football Forum

15 games 30 days

I'm curious as to the rules of the league in reference to when games have to be completed by. I can see that Callington Town at this present time have a backlog of fixtures and are currently due to play fifteen games in thirty days.  Where does the league draw the line between having to follow the rules and putting players and a club through an unhealthy amount of matches in a short duration of time.  I understand that they even have two occasions of two games in two days, one of those being an evening game followed by a game the next day. 

I understand that weather conditions and ground standards may have contributed to this whole situation, for anyone that wants to offer that as an excuse. 

For a "semi professional" league I can't see how can this be allowed to happen, it's outrageous to even consider any club in all of the football leagues to manage that scale of games in such a short period of time, let alone a club which has clearly had its difficulties this season. 

The F A will not budge on extending the season as pewvious history shows in the greatest fixture pileups

Canvey Island in the Isthmian League Prem (Step 3) had to finish their 2000-01 season playing 12 games in 17 days which ended with consecutive days games on May 1st,2nd,3rd,4th,5th.

A logistical nightmare for Guernsey F C in 2012-13 saw them complete 17 games in 30 days in The Combined Counties League (Step 5)

17 minutes ago, Mike Odgers said:

The F A will not budge on extending the season as pewvious history shows in the greatest fixture pileups

Canvey Island in the Isthmian League Prem (Step 3) had to finish their 2000-01 season playing 12 games in 17 days which ended with consecutive days games on May 1st,2nd,3rd,4th,5th.

A logistical nightmare for Guernsey F C in 2012-13 saw them complete 17 games in 30 days in The Combined Counties League (Step 5)

Why?? is the pertinent question that only the F.A. can answer.   It seems that the welfare and respect  of all in the game that the FA trumpet about, does not extend to those that play in the grassroots game.
Professional footballers ( who don't have to do a days work pre game ) complain when they have 2 x games in a week, let alone one day after another.  It would never happen even to their reserve sides.

1 hour ago, We Two said:

Why?? is the pertinent question that only the F.A. can answer.   It seems that the welfare and respect  of all in the game that the FA trumpet about, does not extend to those that play in the grassroots game.
Professional footballers ( who don't have to do a days work pre game ) complain when they have 2 x games in a week, let alone one day after another.  It would never happen even to their reserve sides.

Perhaps we all should write to the FA?

3 hours ago, Cat1 said:

I'm curious as to the rules of the league in reference to when games have to be completed by. I can see that Callington Town at this present time have a backlog of fixtures and are currently due to play fifteen games in thirty days.  Where does the league draw the line between having to follow the rules and putting players and a club through an unhealthy amount of matches in a short duration of time.  I understand that they even have two occasions of two games in two days, one of those being an evening game followed by a game the next day. 

I understand that weather conditions and ground standards may have contributed to this whole situation, for anyone that wants to offer that as an excuse. 

For a "semi professional" league I can't see how can this be allowed to happen, it's outrageous to even consider any club in all of the football leagues to manage that scale of games in such a short period of time, let alone a club which has clearly had its difficulties this season. 

That's not many games!! Northwich1874 of the North western counties league have to play a minimum of 18 games in I in aprilnot including tonight's game that has bee called off!!!!!

1 hour ago, We Two said:

Why do the swpl officials make representations to the infamous fa concerning this issue ?

4 hours ago, Dave Deacon said:

Perhaps we all should write to the FA?

Good idea, no excuses, here are the contact options.        Telephone free on 0800-169-1863        Twitter @FA     Email info@thefa.com        or write to     The F.A.  Wembley Stadium,  P.O. Box 1966  London SW1P-9EQ.                 It will be interesting to see how many  try their luck, and even more interesting to hear of any responses.                                                                                                      

34 minutes ago, Hetty said:

Why doesn’t the league just ignore the fa and set it’s own end date.  Surely the safety of its members should come before the fa blackmailing them with entry to the fa competitions 

Totally agree -  local football would be much better off with NO fa involvement, nationally or county.

1 hour ago, panda said:

A;ll; the players would be  fined and probably banned for playing non sanctioned matches.

The fa has no power in a court of law to jurisdict over anyone.

1 hour ago, panda said:

A;ll; the players would be  fined and probably banned for playing non sanctioned matches.