Cornwall Football Forum

SWPL - Wednesday 4 April 2018

Wednesday 4th April

PREMIER DIVISION (7.30PM)
Camelford P-P Callington Town   (OFF tonight but both clubs had looked in advance and agreed to try again tomorrow - Thursday 5th April)      
Falmouth Town P-P St Austell        
Newquay 1-3 Bodmin Town        
Plymouth Parkway P-P Plymouth Argyle        - now tomorrow
Sticker 1-1 Godolphin Atlantic    
Tavistock P-P Saltash United    - now tomorrow
Torpoint Athletic P-P Stoke Gabriel
Witheridge P-P Ivybridge Town

DIVISION ONE EAST (7.30PM)
Bovey Tracey P-P Torridgeside    (7.45PM)        
Budleigh Salterton 3-3 Axminster Town        
Newton Abbot Spurs P-P University of Exeter

DIVISION ONE WEST (7.30PM)
Elburton Villa P-P Ludgvan    (7.45PM)        
Porthleven P-P Illogan RBL            
St.Blazey P-P Mousehole    

Going to walk up the hill with Smokie dog soon to see NEWQUAY  Vs BODMIN i can see my fav striker Adam Carter getting a hat trick tonight he has scored a lot against Newquay his old team mate Danny O Hagan will have his work cut out trying to stop him .I will report on the match later im going for a 5-0 win to Bodmin tonight and im crap at predictions

Back from watching the match at Mt Wise Newquay Vs Bodmin Newquay played very well and the 3-1 defeat does not really give the true account of this game Newquay should of at  least got something out of this game they missed severel chances Jack Bray Evans missed a sitter then Cory Harvey lost the ball and all the Newquay player had to do was knock it in the unguarded net and he blast it over ,Bodmin scored 1st when Ethan Phillips out wide knocked the ball across it looked like a cross but young Zac ROBERTS only palmed the ball and it went in off a Newquay player but the goal will go to Phillips ,But then step forward Cam Turner with a rocket free kick which Harvey had no chance with but the lead didnt last long Bodmin came back and scored after a mistake in the Newquay goal area gave Adam Carter a free header and he doesnt miss them ,Newquay where brilliant in the 2nd half and sould of scored having severel misses and hitting the cross bar  .Near the end of the match right in front of me a player i have always admired JAKE ASH for being so good decides to throw himself to the ground clutching his face after Jack Bray Evans had brushed his shoulder and no where near his face the linesman should of booked Ash for blatant play acting no oscar for your dying swan act Jake ,Bodmin got there 3rd goal with Steve COLWELL SCORING  and he was my man of the match and for Newquay Cam TURNER .Was nice seeing OLLIE BROKENSHIRE AND NEIL SLATEFORD before the match they always talk to SMOKIE.It was bitterly cold up MT Wise but the game was very good  Well done to Bodmin on your win but you was lucky Newquay played very very well if they only had someone who could of put the ball in the net .I was near the quiet Bodmin manager but u have got to give him credit he is loud but hes very passionate the game would be dull without him the ref had to have a word in his ear tonight must of went something like For F-----K SAKE SHUT UP

Newquay 1-3 Bodmin 

Good game played at a bitterly cold Mt.Wise. Bodmin missing a few players tonight so to come through with a comfortable victory & no new injury concerns a big plus for us tonight. Always in control of the game & sometimes frustrating as we squandered some great opportunities to increase our lead. On to our next fixture, one of many on the horizon

9 minutes ago, leedsunited said:

Newquay 1-3 Bodmin 

Good game played at a bitterly cold Mt.Wise. Bodmin missing a few players tonight so to come through with a comfortable victory & no new injury concerns a big plus for us tonight. Always in control of the game & sometimes frustrating as we squandered some great opportunities to increase our lead. On to our next fixture, one of many on the horizon

Interesting that Tezza, the post immediately before yours says Newquay played very well, and would have won if we had a striker. I can believe that on account of I have seen numerous times what we would do, if we had a striker.

So which is it? 

Think LEEDS  UTD  watched a different match Newquay where really unlucky tonight and no way was Bodmin a comfortble victory Newquay had severel chances and to say Bodmin had players out i saw 2 that didnt play against Godolphin  Sam Ryan and The brilliant Steve Simmond couldnt you just say how well Newquay played LEEDS and you dont even mention the play acting of your captain Jake ash even u must of laughed at that holding his face Jack Bray Evans was no where near his face Well Done Newquay i will praise you for a great display just get a striker pity Tornado Bello wasnt there tonight he would of scored

7 hours ago, 100%cornish said:

Think LEEDS  UTD  watched a different match Newquay where really unlucky tonight and no way was Bodmin a comfortble victory Newquay had severel chances and to say Bodmin had players out i saw 2 that didnt play against Godolphin  Sam Ryan and The brilliant Steve Simmond couldnt you just say how well Newquay played LEEDS and you dont even mention the play acting of your captain Jake ash even u must of laughed at that holding his face Jack Bray Evans was no where near his face Well Done Newquay i will praise you for a great display just get a striker pity Tornado Bello wasnt there tonight he would of scored

I didn't see that incident involving Jake 100% Cornish so i can't comment, I was to busy trying to hide & get to raised ground as there was a bloody dog on the loose at one stage snarling at people ..... I hope it wasn't Smokie your dog, he known to be a bit aggressive. All I would say is if 'the cap fits' as afterwards a I was chatting to a Newquay supporter who said Newquay miss Tornado Bello drastically upfront but do not however miss his cheating/diving ..... so you could say IF Jake did dive (which I doubt he did) it would be no different to what your player has done  for half a season & that comes from your own supporters! 

As for the game 'Atherton LR' lets not debate how could/bad each team was, 100%Cornish is entitled to his opinion, all I know is Bodmin were poor last night were missing a few regulars (as many are this time of season) but we got the job done & should of got a couple more goals. Newquay 1-3 Bodmin end of report/story :thumbsup:

For a start Leeds my dog has not got a aggresive bone in his body he just lies down and watch the footy .Everybody know that Jake dived he went down holding his face Jack BRAY Evans never touched hIs face  Tornado may of dived sometimes but mostly he was fouled he was good .Newquay had chances to win the game anyone could see they where the better side in the 2nd half but you always see a  different game than everyone else nad you had 2 players out Newquay had more than that out .1 day u will say Newquay played well but i suppose we will have to wait till HELL FREEZES OVER FOR THAT TO HAPPEN .

Well said 100% thought we played really well last night and deserved something from the game!! As for for my mate Leeds he is entitled to his opinion even if in this case he is wrong (but he is most of the time when it comes to Newquay) enjoyed playing against some of  my old team mates and had a good battle with my mate Carts and 100% he scored the one time I wasn’t marking him....good luck to Bodmin for the rest of the season! Was great to see Gilby!! But Jake did dive to the floor without being touched by Jack which I was surprised about but lucky the ref didn’t fall for it!! Bring on the next game!! ?⚽️

Im not so sure 100% Cornish, I am sure it was him snarling .... old grey thing isn't he? Opinions Danny, what makes football great :thumbsup:

Was a good game but just felt we were wasteful in some of chances & gave the ball away cheaply in certain areas. However, don't get extra points for playing well so will take a poor performance (by our standard's) & the Win & 3 points :thumbsup:

You sure you wasn't marking Carts for the goal Danny ... he said afterwards he gave you the 'slip' & scored ... !!?

Good luck for last few games Danny, Newquay a great club, & a sleeping giant in Cornish Football. If you can tighten up & get some reinforcement's around you at the back you could possibly kick on again next season. 

Lol the big man would say that!! I won the first header and Carts got to the second ball before we did!! Said to him first time I’m not marking you you score!! But that’s why he scores goals always in the right place right time!! Good luck to you to Leeds!! Catch you again soon!! ⚽️?

17 minutes ago, Danny O said:

Lol the big man would say that!! I won the first header and Carts got to the second ball before we did!! Said to him first time I’m not marking you you score!! But that’s why he scores goals always in the right place right time!! Good luck to you to Leeds!! Catch you again soon!! ⚽️?

You had your fair share of goals as well Danny over the years. Some very important ones as well in a Bodmin shirt. See you soon 

dont see how you can say my  dog was snarling he was in the grandstand the whole match until we left with 10 mins  to go her and hes not a old grey thing hes 4 years old and i rescued him from being put down at a place in Penzance whose owner said her daughter had just had a baby and who ever wanted him could have him and she put that on Facebook so i shot down Penzance and got him he was 4 months old when i got him and he wouldnt hurt a fly . Ollie and Neil are really fond of him they are both nice lads .Good Luck to Bodmin for the season pity you got to play so many games  to catch up or they would be nearer the top of the league Think you are Terry Huddy my dog came past you wagging his tail when we was on the way to the grandstand

40 minutes ago, 100%cornish said:

dont see how you can say my  dog was snarling he was in the grandstand the whole match until we left with 10 mins  to go her and hes not a old grey thing hes 4 years old and i rescued him from being put down at a place in Penzance whose owner said her daughter had just had a baby and who ever wanted him could have him and she put that on Facebook so i shot down Penzance and got him he was 4 months old when i got him and he wouldnt hurt a fly . Ollie and Neil are really fond of him they are both nice lads .Good Luck to Bodmin for the season pity you got to play so many games  to catch up or they would be nearer the top of the league Think you are Terry Huddy my dog came past you wagging his tail when we was on the way to the grandstand

Take no notice of the idiot mate,take it from me Leedsunited is not Terry Huddy.Pity Leeds doesn't grow a pair and come out and admit who he actually is instead of hiding behind another mans name.

46 minutes ago, 100%cornish said:

I think Leeds was just trying to wind you up 100%cornish, Im sure Smokie is a cracking dog and for the amount of games youve been and watched with him, if there was any trouble, he wouldnt be allowed in

Can’t ever imagine Smokie “snarling” at anyone!! He’s the friendliest chap you’ll ever meet! He might lick you to death! Seen him at football in all winds and weathers and he’s always the same and never leaves 100% side! Amazing what you did for him Steve, gave him a great life! He’s as much a big part of the Cornish footballing family as any of us mate!!! ?⚽️

10 minutes ago, SCFC said:

I think Leeds was just trying to wind you up 100%cornish, Im sure Smokie is a cracking dog and for the amount of games youve been and watched with him, if there was any trouble, he wouldnt be allowed in

I will put less bait on next time SCFC ! At least you could see through it :yahoo:

There are some daft people around :thumbsup:

47 minutes ago, RAPPO said:

The daftest being the one who picks on a dog to get a bite out of a nice bloke who just enjoys watching local football ?

YAWN! Very much like myself Mark, just enjoys local football. Difference is I don't come with a potentially vicious Canine. All dogs have potential to bite Mark, Gilby has a Chiwawa called 'Rover' & he has a terrible nip if he catches you right 

THANKS to all the lovely people on here who backs Smokie dog pity i cant train him to attack Leeds UTD lol he will be doing guest appearances for both of the finals at WADEBRIDGE AND ST BLAZEY he will also be posing for photos  and doing a autograph signing we met some lovely people on our football journeys but there are 1 or 2  around ok just 1 we all know about

Leeds is alreet...

Lads a wind up merchant, but I can't say I've had any ill feeling from him, or i've got any towards him. People do seem offended by him, but no idea why. He doesn't like Newquay, it's his choice. I don't particularly like Bodmin from when Bucks were in the league, but that's football, rivalry keeps it interesting. 

Reckon though, i'll take 100%s view on the game, because he's described Newquay's game to a t.....

44 minutes ago, Atherton LR said:

Leeds is alreet...

Lads a wind up merchant, but I can't say I've had any ill feeling from him, or i've got any towards him. People do seem offended by him, but no idea why. He doesn't like Newquay, it's his choice. I don't particularly like Bodmin from when Bucks were in the league, but that's football, rivalry keeps it interesting. 

Reckon though, i'll take 100%s view on the game, because he's described Newquay's game to a t.....

Blimey, I am not used to such nice comments. Had some good battles with Buckland over the years, great set up.  As for the match report, its irrelevant...

Newquay 1-3 Bodmin :thumbsup:

I just wish Bodmin would show some balls and take the step up to the Western League.... then they can follow Bucks to the Southern League in a year or two. If Bucks, and Willand Rovers do stay down this season, and Parkway come up, that's three local clubs in the Western League. If the likes of Bodmin, Tavvy, Saltash, and more took the step, the distances travelled would come down....

47 minutes ago, Atherton LR said:

I just wish Bodmin would show some balls and take the step up to the Western League.... then they can follow Bucks to the Southern League in a year or two. If Bucks, and Willand Rovers do stay down this season, and Parkway come up, that's three local clubs in the Western League. If the likes of Bodmin, Tavvy, Saltash, and more took the step, the distances travelled would come down....

Too many Cornish sides don't have the bottle. Rather be the big fish in a small pond and moan about travelling into Devon let alone Bristol! Should just cut off the bridge :thumbsup::yahoo:

Totally agree. Yes traveling expenses would be bigger for Bodmin but they have a big budget, much bigger than most western league clubs including Willand and Buckland. Surely they could take promotion and have a reduced playing budget, focusing more on talented youngsters. I have asked Leeds for an opinion on this but he’d rather talk about a dog. Cornish football is getting left behind

My honest opinion is I can't see it visible. Not just at Bodmin, but at St.Austell, Tavistock etc also. Local football  I'm afraid is in demise & has been for the last 4/5 years. The expense of traveling, people's increased work hours to cover all their ever rising bills, & way of life. Football is taking a back seat for most now unless your young, & still live at home with your Mum & Dad without the worry of paying rent/mortgage or putting food on the table for family. You can see that with the amount of spectator interest, figures are down & the standard of the local game has dropped dramatically in my opinion. I know two/three ex pro's very well who have come down here, rubbed shoulders with the so called best of the local lads & behind our backs took the p**s at how bad the standard is here, but humoured their way through playing down here. I think if you ask every club in the Swpl if they would they be a success in the Western league I'm afraid nearly all (if not everyone) would admit it would end in failure. I would in my opinion say that if Bodmin entered the Western league, it would end in failure. The same for all other clubs in the Swpl. With the exception of Parkway & good luck to them.  

Cornish football is undoubtedly in decline and will be even more isolated in the new league setup. The Fa should help geographically isolated clubs with travel expenses but they don’t seem to care about football at this level. Rugby clubs seam to be able to travel big distances but  I believe they are helped more by rfu. 

The problem  I foresee is this - While a player Can earn as much money playing in the swpl as he can, say at a club that has taken promotion,  why would he do the extra travelling. 

The infrustructure has to be in place and it needs to be sustainable which I don’t think it is. I even have my doubts about the parkway project.  

Buckland don’t pay much but some players accept less money and more travel just to play at the highest level they can. Not sure if that model would work in Cornwall but would love to see someone give it a try. Parkway have a big travelling support which should allow them to pay for a coach to a lot of away games. At some point they will have to really improve facilities. Stadium for Plymouth anyone???

2 hours ago, Rob1978 said:

Cornish football is undoubtedly in decline and will be even more isolated in the new league setup. The Fa should help geographically isolated clubs with travel expenses but they don’t seem to care about football at this level. Rugby clubs seam to be able to travel big distances but  I believe they are helped more by rfu. 

Although I think over recent seasons they have had their money reduced from the RFU! For the likes of Redruth - I get the feeling is that they do enough to avoid promotion! :ninja: