Cornwall Football Forum

LWC Drinks Combo League Results for Tuesday 3rd April 2018

Combo Results
Tuesday 3rd April 2018
Carharrack (Bradley Leivers, Jake Shaw) 2-1 Redruth United (Louis Matthews) 
Att - 35
Falmouth Town Reserves (Brodie kemp 2 Dan Richardson, Liam Chinn, Andy westgarth) 5-0 St Ives Town 
Att - 37
Hayle (Cameron Irish , Ben Williams) 2-1 Mullion (Ryan Tonkin)
Att - 34
Helston Athletic Reserves p-p Pendeen Rovers 
Holman SC (Lewis Goldsworthy 2) 2-3 Goonhavern Athletic (Curtis Keen, Marc Wilson, Jamie Preston) 
Att - 18
Penryn Athletic (Reggie May) 1-6 Perranporth (Luke Wort 3, Chris Wood 2, Matt Roberts) 
Att - 32
Porthleven Reserves p-p West Cornwall 
St Agnes p-p Illogan RBL Reserves
St Day 0-1 Perranwell (Matthew Lane)
Att - 30

On 02/04/2018 at 09:38, cornishteddyboy said:

Combo Fixtures
Tuesday 3rd April 2018
Carharrack v Redruth United - REVERSED
Falmouth Town Reserves v St Ives Town 
Hayle v Mullion 
Helston Athletic Reserves v Pendeen Rovers 
Holman SC v Goonhavern Athletic 
Penryn Athletic v Perranporth 
Porthleven Reserves v West Cornwall 
St Agnes v Illogan RBL Reserves
St Day v Perranwell

Helston v Pendeen if on is a 7.30pm KO

Unfortunately now postponed :(

Cameron Irish , Ben Williams for Hayle  , att 35 plus one dog  , Hayle ground out a result tonight , tight first half  but Hayle made the better chances , with Mullions  only shot on target in the second half  a great free kick into the top corner to equalize , Cameron's  strike .  Ben Williams header clinched the points for Hayle from a well taken free kick from Danny Ford  , mention for the ref Dave Dodson who played great advantage for Hayles first goal , he done well to  keep twenty two players on the pitch  as well with one or two treading a fine line . Good ref Dave , I think some forget without them we have no games .

I imagine Holmans will think themselves a little unlucky not to have won this one. Rightly so!

The effort that the goally touched onto one post, it ran along the goal line, hit the other post and somehow after a goalmouth scramble inside the 6 yard box perhaps summed up Holmans in the second half. Even then Goonhavern still kept it out.

Their goally made a couple good goal defying saves as well in the second half.

And then to concede a sloppy third goal in added on time - not your night Holmans. But at least a result elsewhere went your way.

8 hours ago, Dave Deacon said:

I imagine Holmans will think themselves a little unlucky not to have won this one. Rightly so!

The effort that the goally touched onto one post, it ran along the goal line, hit the other post and somehow after a goalmouth scramble inside the 6 yard box perhaps summed up Holmans in the second half. Even then Goonhavern still kept it out.

Their goally made a couple good goal defying saves as well in the second half.

And then to concede a sloppy third goal in added on time - not your night Holmans. But at least a result elsewhere went your way.

Yeh the lads battled really hard Dave nice to see you there tonight we certainly make lots of chances we now have to learn how to take them hopefully it’s not to late ?keeper for Goonhavern did pull off two great saves & the goal line one ?say no more ?

2 hours ago, MARKSY said:

Yeh the lads battled really hard Dave nice to see you there tonight we certainly make lots of chances we now have to learn how to take them hopefully it’s not to late ?keeper for Goonhavern did pull off two great saves & the goal line one ?say no more ?

Hearing in work this morning that it was a night to forget for Holmans! 

Makes you think...have they got the right personnel pulling the shirt on week in week out?

27 minutes ago, Mr Loverman said:

Makes you think...have they got the right personnel pulling the shirt on week in week out?

nice comment for our lads to read

if it wasnt for there keeper we would of won the game 

considering where the lads were in december to be able to compete in games is great and the fact we beat carharrack shows we have the right players and we will keep battling till the end of may where hopefully we have done enough

tough game next vs Perranporth but we will give our all as usual

41 minutes ago, Mr Loverman said:

? - Ha! No doubt waiting for a reaction!

If I was a Holmans player I wouldn’t be too downhearted after last night!

"I managed to catch second half at Blaythornes at what I saw was a very different game to what I was expecting. From watching carharrack several times early on this season I was expecting to get there to find carharrack controlling the game and dictating the play...I was wrong. I instead saw a young holmans striker giving the carharrack defence nightmares for the duration of the time I was there! Young Lewis I think I heard correctly? I was utterly gobsmacked when I saw the carharrack goalkeeper attack (strong word but appropriate) the young striker who was without a doubt holmans biggest threat, which then warranted a very deserved red card from my good old friend Dave Dodgson who I must say thought made some very good decisions. Carharrack manager Harry Pope did certainly not seem to impressed by his players despicable actions throughout the period of the second 45 mins. Best of luck to both teams and great win for a struggling Holmans this season??"

Well at least you thought one player was good enough last time out :D You posted that 21 hours ago in the previous results thread. Our 3 top scorers were either injured or out of position last night. Adam Brown having to fill in at centre mid, Jack Mankee struggling with injury and Adam Selley running the line.

Come and watch us the next time you can and I am confident you will see an improved performance. :thumbsup:

As for Lewis, he is just another young player on the Holmans production line. Not the first and definitely not the last. I could probably name a full SWPL 11 that have come through at Holmans and learnt their game only to be poached or move on to bigger clubs. This is a constant cycle for us and we find ourselves acting as a "feeder club" on a yearly basis.

On a side note, I am still waiting for that call. :mellow:

‘A little bit of Dinho’ 

Perhaps you may be a reason this Holmans side aren’t ticking? Dead wood in the side perhaps? I am unsure of your name but it doesn’t take a rocket scientist to work that one out...at I right Mr Selley?? Holmans a great club run by great people, with Ray behind the scenes and Jeremy managing the club, I’m sure it won’t be long until the glory days are back at the club. Like the good old days with the likes of paps and knighter in the team!! But until then ladies and gentlemen I’ve been Mr Loverman and my catching for one morning/afternoon have been done??

5 hours ago, Mr Loverman said:

‘A little bit of Dinho’ 

Perhaps you may be a reason this Holmans side aren’t ticking? Dead wood in the side perhaps? I am unsure of your name but it doesn’t take a rocket scientist to work that one out...at I right Mr Selley?? Holmans a great club run by great people, with Ray behind the scenes and Jeremy managing the club, I’m sure it won’t be long until the glory days are back at the club. Like the good old days with the likes of paps and knighter in the team!! But until then ladies and gentlemen I’ve been Mr Loverman and my catching for one morning/afternoon have been done??

Think someone is on a major wind up Adam , ?. You seem to know quite a bit about Holmans Fc Mr loverman !!!! Perhaps a disgruntled old player or just a miserable sad git ?

Watched redruth vs carharrack..

Think redruth will be dissapointed they didn't come away with a point. They started bright but couldn't get the goal they deserved . Carharack didnt look interested, they did have a fair few missing to be fair! 

Redruth had a few new players and probably put there best team of the season out. They just lacked the bit you need in the final 3rd. 

The two full backs for carharrack on the score sheet again. They rack a fair few goals up. 

So overall carharracks quality got them out of trouble last night. Redruth scoring a late consolation (a decent one too from louis Matthews) However a fantastic save from the goalkeeper (normally outfielder) at the very end of the game to deny redruth a point. 

Sure both will be happy that  another game is out the way. 

Heating up at the top and bottom!. 

37 minutes ago, S Abbo said:

Watched redruth vs carharrack..

Think redruth will be dissapointed they didn't come away with a point. They started bright but couldn't get the goal they deserved . Carharack didnt look interested, they did have a fair few missing to be fair! 

Redruth had a few new players and probably put there best team of the season out. They just lacked the bit you need in the final 3rd. 

The two full backs for carharrack on the score sheet again. They rack a fair few goals up. 

So overall carharracks quality got them out of trouble last night. Redruth scoring a late consolation (a decent one too from louis Matthews) However a fantastic save from the goalkeeper (normally outfielder) at the very end of the game to deny redruth a point. 

Sure both will be happy that  another game is out the way. 

Heating up at the top and bottom!. 

Seems to me like Carharrack are potentially on the way to being the next combination team to crumble perhaps? 

Heard a few rumours on the grape vine that the team and management is to be heading down the A39 to a certain Kernick road???

16 minutes ago, Mr Loverman said:

Seems to me like Carharrack are potentially on the way to being the next combination team to crumble perhaps? 

Heard a few rumours on the grape vine that the team and management is to be heading down the A39 to a certain Kernick road???

There always linked with other clubs. They must be laughing.  I think they are happy where they are tho..they have applied for promotion so clearly looking to move forward as a club.

28 minutes ago, CornishRhino said:

Would you blame them if they were?!

Lol. Makes me laugh, all that hard work for the past few seasons? Winning trophies? To go to another club in the same league but money being the difference? 2/3 years a long time to raise funds to get a ground to a certain specification why do they feel the need to go to penryn and do the exact same thing as they could do/could’ve done at Carharrack?  

17 minutes ago, S Abbo said:

There always linked with other clubs. They must be laughing.  I think they are happy where they are tho..they have applied for promotion so clearly looking to move forward as a club.

A club maybe but the people managing and players playing for them, do you think they have any intention of raising the clubs profile?? I think not, too many individuals in that squad and perhaps that stems from the chap running the team??

7 minutes ago, COYG said:

Who’s this Mr Loverman? Must’ve been on the gear again!

Mr Loverman are your parents siblings? Because you clearly not all there if you think Carharrack is a team of invdiuals. A great squad with a lot of ambition. 

On 05/04/2018 at 12:07, J.chan said:

Mr Loverman are your parents siblings? Because you clearly not all there if you think Carharrack is a team of invdiuals. A great squad with a lot of ambition. 

Hmm. We shall see, where will they be in 2/3 seasons time? Perhaps playing at Kernick or perhaps playing at Ting Tang...I would vote the latter?

6 hours ago, Mr Loverman said:

Hmm. We shall see, where will they be in 2/3 seasons time? Perhaps playing at Kernick or perhaps playing at Ting Tang...I would vote the latter?

Theyve been at carharrack for 4 years, weren’t they already meant to have left 3 seasons back?