Cornwall Football Forum

CORNWALL SENIOR CUP FINAL OFF!

FROM THE CORNWALL FA ON TWITTER

CORNWALL SENIOR CUP FINAL 

Unfortunately the weather has beaten us.

Despite holding off in best hopes of the bad weather not arriving the pitch is now unplayable and with the weather forecast indicating much more rain this evening and overnight we have had to admit defeat and call tomorrow’s Senior Cup Final off.  

We would like to offer our sincere thanks to St Blazey FC for continuing throughout the day to try and keep the game on on our behalf.

I am sure you will understand that we will continue our best endeavours to try and find an alternative date as soon as possible.

I'm not aware of any 3G pitches which have sufficient spectator facilities; would only be a suitable solution if nobody wanted to watch the game!

The problem now for CCFA is to find a venue which has a spare date to be able to host the rearranged final - at least they've got until the end of May to fit it in!

38 minutes ago, John Mead said:

I'm not aware of any 3G pitches which have sufficient spectator facilities; would only be a suitable solution if nobody wanted to watch the game!

The problem now for CCFA is to find a venue which has a spare date to be able to host the rearranged final - at least they've got until the end of May to fit it in!

Cornwall fa will always come up with an excuse without solving a problem .1

13 minutes ago, BIG AL said:

Cornwall fa will always come up with an excuse without solving a problem .1

As usual, an unhelpful, critical response. The fact is that nearly all suitable grounds are already being fully used to catch up with previously postponed fixtures and both finalists still have league fixtures to fulfil. It's a nightmare situation with no easy solution, especially as there seems to be no let-up with the weather! - unless you know better Big Al?

1 hour ago, John Mead said:

As usual, an unhelpful, critical response. The fact is that nearly all suitable grounds are already being fully used to catch up with previously postponed fixtures and both finalists still have league fixtures to fulfil. It's a nightmare situation with no easy solution, especially as there seems to be no let-up with the weather! - unless you know better Big Al?

Just think !!

4 minutes ago, hoppit said:

Extend the season to end of May seems sensible, Why are the FA so bullish? Only other solution is to play on the pitches regardless of condition with players playing at their own risk.

This is common sense but I  am afraid it is lacking with th FA

7 minutes ago, middle mans mate said:

Perhaps Big Al could use some of the hot air he spouts to dry some of the pitches....?

Just not viewing things through rose tinted glasses and expressing my opinion.

Let both finalists finish their league fixtures which at the moment need to be done by weekend of the 5th May.  Put the final the following weekend Saturday 12th May and it could act as a good finale to the season.  I’m sure the game will attract a much bigger crowd then a rainy/cold  Easter Monday.  

5 minutes ago, Hetty said:

Let both finalists finish their league fixtures which at the moment need to be done by weekend of the 5th May.  Put the final the following weekend Saturday 12th May and it could act as a good finale to the season.  I’m sure the game will attract a much bigger crowd then a rainy/cold  Easter Monday.  

That will clash with the SWPL Final. Perhaps as it is different teams though they could do a double header!

On 01/04/2018 at 19:03, Dave Deacon said:

Don't know why this listed my last post?

Isn't there a silly CCFA rule where only one game can be played on a ground at one time? Ie St Day 3rds couldn't play if 1sts are home in the cup?

Which game would be the first?

Have to agree why the senior cup doesn’t become an end of season showpiece after the league is done allows for better weather, better crowd .and free’s up Easter to concentrate on league games .maybe it could be tried for one season?