DIVISION ONE EAST
Appledore P-P St Martins    
Brixham AFC P-P Ilfracombe Town        
Galmpton & Roselands P-P Teignmouth
Torridgeside P-P Crediton United

DIVISION ONE WEST
Bude Town    1,   Illogan RBL.  1    
Plymstock United P-P Wendron United    

CORNWALL SENIOR CUP FINAL (AT ST BLAZEY)
Saltash United P-P Mousehole

6 hours ago, leedsunited said:

Millbrook playing again 36 hours after their last fixture, they might as well of showered, ate & then slept in the club house! Good for Liskeard though!! 

They aren't playing on the same ground! An old boy like you must remember playing on Saturday afternoon and then Sunday, sometimes morning if the away team had a long trip home!

1 hour ago, BIG AL said:

Good news for Falmouth I would imagine travelling all that way on a bank holiday Monday !

Rescheduled for a Monday night (30th.April) to Newton Abbot-I think I would prefer the Bank Holiday Monday

1 hour ago, Fanfare said:

They aren't playing on the same ground! An old boy like you must remember playing on Saturday afternoon and then Sunday, sometimes morning if the away team had a long trip home!

I remember in the Western League days 1974-83  Falmouth entertained Melksham Town from Wiltshire for  League and league cup games.  Saturday 3pm and then 10-30am Sunday morning-two games well within 24 hours.

Hopefully there will be an early decision made on the Witheridge v Sticker game.    If Sticker can reproduce the form they showed in the Good Friday game against St Austell, the trip will be worthwhile.   
Some stunning goals scored, and an enjoyable game which Sticker were unlucky not to draw.

Hate to ask this, but looking at the forecast and number of games already scheduled - is there provision within the SWPL to award games rather than rescheduling them - there simply aren’t enough days left and already asking teams to play 4+ games a week with potentially 2 or 3 long away games a week is not sustainable and most squads are not big enough to cope with injuries / work / suspensions etc. 

I am not suggesting arbitrary awarding of wins and I know it is not want any of us want and may seem unfair  - but there looks little choice - if a Referre states the pitch is unplayable award it as a draw??

11 minutes ago, Bobjfh said:

Hate to ask this, but looking at the forecast and number of games already scheduled - is there provision within the SWPL to award games rather than rescheduling them - there simply aren’t enough days left and already asking teams to play 4+ games a week with potentially 2 or 3 long away games a week is not sustainable and most squads are not big enough to cope with injuries / work / suspensions etc. 

I am not suggesting arbitrary awarding of wins and I know it is not want any of us want and may seem unfair  - but there looks little choice - if a Referre states the pitch is unplayable award it as a draw??

FOR HEAVENS SAKE, EXTEND THE SEASON - DOESNT TAKE MUCH BRAIN POWER !

Putting things in capitals does not make them right.

Most would actually agree that an extension would be desirable - but you know the league as a Step 6 (and 7) is governed by national rules (not the CCFA before you start on that) and has a final cut off date - I think first weekend in May. The SWPL will not get permission for an extension and i’m sure it’s been said before that if the league fails to comply with national rules it could see teams being barred from promotions or FA Cup or Vase fixtures. 

So working on 5 weeks of the season left - what are the options?

FROM THE CORNWALL FA ON TWITTER

CORNWALL SENIOR CUP FINAL 

Unfortunately the weather has beaten us.

Despite holding off in best hopes of the bad weather not arriving the pitch is now unplayable and with the weather forecast indicating much more rain this evening and overnight we have had to admit defeat and call tomorrow’s Senior Cup Final off.  

We would like to offer our sincere thanks to St Blazey FC for continuing throughout the day to try and keep the game on on our behalf.

I am sure you will understand that we will continue our best endeavours to try and find an alternative date as soon as possible.

Haha seriously though Dave I live about a mile from the ground and it’s horrendous up here at the moment! Raining buckets! Be water polo by 2pm tomorrow afternoon. Sensible early decision. I’m sure neither side would want to play such an important game on anything less than a decent surface ??

27 minutes ago, Bobjfh said:

The SWPL will not get permission for an extension and i’m sure it’s been said before that if the league fails to comply with national rules it could see teams being barred from promotions or FA Cup or Vase fixtures. 

But you have to agree Bob that this is when everyone loses any respect (if you have any left) for the FA. They know full well that the SWPL is not affected by play-off games being necessary and so therefore they could show some empathy and agree to at least say an extension of 10 days or so.

1 minute ago, Dave Deacon said:

But you have to agree Bob that this is when everyone loses any respect (if you have any left) for the FA. They know full well that the SWPL is not affected by play-off games being necessary and so therefore they could show some empathy and agree to at least say an extension of 10 days or so.

Dave - I do whole heartedly agree, but just trying to be pragmatic and look at the hard choices - with teams having 16/15/14 games to play in 34 days (and a Senior Cup final)  something has to give - with probably more cancellation tomorrow and mid week it is not a solution to postpone again. 

8 minutes ago, Dave Deacon said:

Definitely needs to be an extention Dave, we have to play 15 games in 33 days as from weds 4th, and with the forecast for more rain it will end up being every day!! Surely the FA have to think of player safety, after all thats why a lot of the games are being called off......

1 hour ago, Bobjfh said:

Putting things in capitals does not make them right.

Most would actually agree that an extension would be desirable - but you know the league as a Step 6 (and 7) is governed by national rules (not the CCFA before you start on that) and has a final cut off date - I think first weekend in May. The SWPL will not get permission for an extension and i’m sure it’s been said before that if the league fails to comply with national rules it could see teams being barred from promotions or FA Cup or Vase fixtures. 

So working on 5 weeks of the season left - what are the options?

The cornwall fa are whipping boys   of the national fa. How many clubs want to take part in the fa cup or vase - little spectator interest these days anyway.

1 hour ago, Dave Deacon said:

Have the SWPL / CCFA requested that? 

19 minutes ago, Goldeneye said:

Have the SWPL / CCFA requested that? 

I can assure you that a request has been made by SWPL, with just a few extra days being granted - and already filled. I'm sure a further request will be made if the weather continues to be so disruptive but with only a small chance of a positive response!

1 hour ago, John Mead said:

I can assure you that a request has been made by SWPL, with just a few extra days being granted - and already filled. I'm sure a further request will be made if the weather continues to be so disruptive but with only a small chance of a positive response!

That's great John. Good to know that the SWPL have done everything they can. Has there ever been a fixture backlog as bad as this? I can't remember a season with so much rain.

The FA are only concerned with the pro game and the upper echelons of the football pyramid.

They don't really care about grass roots football. It's common sense to extend but remember the FA's power isn't that great, the clubs and the Premier League dictate what they want to do. Maybe the SWPL should do the same!!

20 minutes ago, silly billy said:

8 ducks just spotted on priory pitch. It's not looking good. Not a bad attendance if there is a match on ?

8 ducks & myself out with a fork ... you should of popped in, I could of poured you an Ice Cool Orange Fanta & shown you our trophy cabinet :thumbsup:

Said cabinet contains a lot less step 5 trophies than Truro, Falmouth, Saltash and Liskeard. I was reading today how Hengrove play in the western league without even paying players! Cant Bodmin try something similar? What is the point of just collecting the same trophies all the time. A spineless and insignificant junior club!!

24 minutes ago, Rob1978 said:

Said cabinet contains a lot less step 5 trophies than Truro, Falmouth, Saltash and Liskeard. I was reading today how Hengrove play in the western league without even paying players! Cant Bodmin try something similar? What is the point of just collecting the same trophies all the time. A spineless and insignificant junior club!!

Ask Tavistock, St.Austell, Newquay in the 1980's, Falmouth in the 90's, St.Blazey in the early 2000's the same Question...!? :thumbsup:

2 hours ago, silly billy said:

Why? They haven't got a fan like you talking and making up utter trash all the time ?

Maybe but same principal..? I just get the feeling your one that has been bombed out at Bodmin for not making the grade, or someone who has come up short against us previously..

Agree to disagree & move on 

23 minutes ago, leedsunited said:

Maybe but same principal..? I just get the feeling your one that has been bombed out at Bodmin for not making the grade, or someone who has come up short against us previously..

Agree to disagree & move on 

I live in Bodmin Leeds and for years never used to miss a game. Priory is dead now and the likes of yourself are not doing the place any favours. Never played football. Rugby was more my thing back in the day. My boys love football but rarely take them.

'Not doing the place any favours' .... Have you seen what we have won the last few years you  :ph34r: I don't care what people think of me, people come & go, history does not 

Stick to your Rugby pal :thumbsup:

1 hour ago, leedsunited said:

'Not doing the place any favours' .... Have you seen what we have won the last few years you  :ph34r: I don't care what people think of me, people come & go, history does not 

Stick to your Rugby pal :thumbsup:

Now lets move on