Cornwall Football Forum

Cheating !

Isn't it funny how cricket has dealt with the Aussie cheats being caught red  handed  , why weren't the team  suspended from international cricket . Now if that was  football how the media would be picking  holes in everyone involved and the sport in general  , looking for dirt  and  into  their personal life . But of course cricket is a so called gentlemen sport  . Grrr . And the coach will step down after the series has ended ,oh bully for him .

Sorry Keith i meant team 

1 minute ago, Keith B said:

They were suspended from test cricket stevie. All three players involved were suspended for 12 months from any involvement in the game.

Your two quick Keith was editing post when  you replied 

1 hour ago, Darin Morse said:

Sorry but the reaction to all this has been way over the top. Is rubbing a ball with sandpaper really worse than batsmen not walking when they know they're out? Isn't that cheating? 

My point is the two sports are treated differently by the media , and no I don't think cricket has had enough stick over this , say it was Rooney marking a ball before taking a penalty to give it a different spin and was caught out  my God the media would be chasing his friends , family  , ex players ECT ECT  , raking up last indiscretions , . Now the management must have known about what was going on ?   In my opinion  no the Media hasn't been even handed about this , because of the cricket old boys network ! 

• 2 weeks later...
On 31 March 2018 at 11:52, hoppit said:

Steve Smith such a brilliant player what was he thinking the mind just boggles.

He wasn't, David Warner was the main man, however, Steve Smith went along with it and Cramron Bankcroft got off lightly, lying about the yellow tape and dirt, when in fact you can clearly see what it was and where he put it, why didn't the umpires look at the video replays to show what he had done with the sandpaper!

David Warner knows more and has actually stated he isn't going to say or name names, we haven't heard the last of this....

On 31 March 2018 at 12:30, Darin Morse said:

Sorry but the reaction to all this has been way over the top. Is rubbing a ball with sandpaper really worse than batsmen not walking when they know they're out? Isn't that cheating? 

Yes.....  Using sandpaper is worse. There's nothing in the rules to say you have to walk, it's up to the umpire to make the decision, if it's out, but, there is about ball tampering!