Cornwall Football Forum

Tavistock vs Parkway

The days have gone when time was taken to appoint an appropriate referee to a game which concerned teams that were well matched, likely to be tense, closely fought!! and also to have an assistant who was well enough qualified to take over in the middle should he be required to [not necessarily applicable to todays game]. I was not present at this game but my comment is applicable to many an appointment. FACT, like it or not!!

Without being  racist ....... an Asian guy I would guess at . Not sure of his name. He was awfull. Lost control of the game. If I were to write a match report I would not be able to remember it all. Some strange yellow cards and not sure Robins tackle for Tavi was a straight red. Have to mention the Parkway lads that stayed on the pitch, they did us very proud. Kept trying to play footy till the end. Worthy of the draw. Krac and Joyce led by example.

Not sure I want to see a game like that ever again tho.

Mike Smith , you are a machine lad. What an engine. Bentley looked good in goal too. 

Going too miss a few through suspension now. 

My pulse is still racing lol.

8 minutes ago, THE BALD ONE said:

Without being  racist ....... an Asian guy I would guess at . Not sure of his name. He was awfull. Lost control of the game. If I were to write a match report I would not be able to remember it all. Some strange yellow cards and not sure Robins tackle for Tavi was a straight red. Have to mention the Parkway lads that stayed on the pitch, they did us very proud. Kept trying to play footy till the end. Worthy of the draw. Krac and Joyce led by example.

Not sure I want to see a game like that ever again tho.

Mike Smith , you are a machine lad. What an engine. Bentley looked good in goal too. 

Going too miss a few through suspension now. 

My pulse is still racing lol.

Same one that reffed the game between Parkway and Bodmin ?

20 minutes ago, Keyboard Warrior said:

I believe he's called Muyat Kaymaz & he originates from Turkey. Not that his country of birth matters but just answering The bald ones query. 

That's the one, Plymouth based, does local matches within the city at a lower level and the matches I have seen him at, all end up the same as this one. The players from both sides have a constant stream of yellow and red cards. The matches never flow with him its all stop start, talk to the players, issue a yellow card for all tackles, then  some red ones.

Yes the players do play their part in the offences committed, but, when you get to this stage of reds there must be some other reason as well. What I don't understand is that the authorities must be aware of his form, bad, even referees at the matches he has done that I have seen are really turning away grimacing about his lack of control and application of the rules.

At the end of the day, players and clubs can never win against the lack of guidance and failure to spot the wrong one from  those in authority from above. Publish the details of referee's yellow & red cards like other leagues and see where the problem lies sometimes, they will not do it, maybe they are 'The Untouchables'. :SM_carton::SM_carton_y:

30 minutes ago, unclebuckthebaker said:

I will repeat my previous quote ---- believe me, I have experience and do know the situation!!!

The days have gone when time was taken to appoint an appropriate referee to a game which concerned teams that were well matched, likely to be tense, closely fought!! and also to have an assistant who was well enough qualified to take over in the middle should he be required to [not necessarily applicable to todays game]. I was not present at this game but my comment is applicable to many an appointment. FACT, like it or not!!

ALL SWPL Premier games have a minimum of two referees appointed to them who can take control of the game. You have the Match Referee and the Senior Assistant. The Senior Assistant will ALWAYS be qualified to take control of the game in case the referee is unable to continue. 

Lets just remember aswell that we are short of referees at all levels here in Cornwall - with your experience as you say, I should imagine you are more than aware of that.

I wasn’t at the game but wasn’t one Parkway Red for Glynn Hobbs punching Crago - what was the Ref supposed to do?

Also wasn’t a Parkway player given two yellows, both for dissent - surely he could / should have learned a simple lesson after the first??

I’m not defending the Ref as i’ve seen him several times and he is poor - BUT - some blame must sit with players???

Bobjfh -- I do not indulge a great deal on this website but have been involved in in local football long enough, and in areas which allow me to form a sensible opinion. I acknowledge your remarks to be always sensible and very honest BUT as you say this referee is poor, which takes us back to my original statement:

'The days have gone when time was taken to appoint an appropriate referee to a game which concerned teams that were well matched, likely to be tense, closely fought!! '

So as you say, if he is, in yours and almost certainly in general opinion, poor, how on earth is he going to control the likes of todays game at Langsford Park. 

And this is not an isolated instance of this sort! Again, FACT

21 minutes ago, Bobjfh said:

I wasn’t at the game but wasn’t one Parkway Red for Glynn Hobbs punching Crago - what was the Ref supposed to do?

Also wasn’t a Parkway player given two yellows, both for dissent - surely he could / should have learned a simple lesson after the first??

I’m not defending the Ref as i’ve seen him several times and he is poor - BUT - some blame must sit with players???

Not contesting all the sendings off . Some very worthy of it. Not sure how many people saw what Hobbs did , I fir one did not.

I was at the game and i knew the ref would get all the blame apart from the Josh Robins one he got all the rest right how do expect refs to be able to do there job when every tackle he is surrounded by both teams demanding cards the players should take the blame this was meant to be a game between the best two teams in the league and it turned into a farce not because of the ref but because of the players attitude 

10 minutes ago, THE BALD ONE said:

Not contesting all the sendings off . Some very worthy of it. Not sure how many people saw what Hobbs did , I fir one did not.

I heard it was a clear punch (and that was from a Parkway player at the game), but as mentioned above - this was a game (last one) between the top two teams (by far) in the league and it is a shame that all everyone is talking about is Ref. 

Both teams are much better than a game finishing with only 17 players and no managers - at least there were less players running around on the pitch causing damage to the surface - lol. 

Part of the problem here is club honesty when marking Refs after a game - the winning teams mark well and the loosing teams move on and effectively neither team write a full review of the Refs performance. If this Ref is poor why is he still officiating if teams keep marking him down and submitting a write up. 

On a more positive note it is fixture done and dusted and must have been a real entertainer for the crowd. 

38 minutes ago, B_D said:

ALL SWPL Premier games have a minimum of two referees appointed to them who can take control of the game. You have the Match Referee and the Senior Assistant. The Senior Assistant will ALWAYS be qualified to take control of the game in case the referee is unable to continue. 

Lets just remember aswell that we are short of referees at all levels here in Cornwall - with your experience as you say, I should imagine you are more than aware of that.

Not going to get involved with you for health reasons B_D. I know how much you do for local football but for similar reasons dont you ever  dispute my knowledge and abilities on the subject within your above statement. I may not be involved now but I still keep a close eye!!!!!! 

I wasn't at the game but I have to admit once again all I am reading on here is , the Ref was was this the Ref was that , well . Maybe all you who are posting on here should all become refs then the shortage would disappear and the game would have a expert ref as you all seem to know how to do it better.

Yes you can not just blame the ref. A first dodgy yellow led to a Parkway player going off and it was not long after a second yellow led to a Tavi player going off. Some of the poor tacles that did warrant cards went unpunushed. This then made for an over heated encounter.  Thats where the ref lost control. If Hobbs did strike Crago then its right he got sent off. The keeper got a first yellow for mouthing off at the ref and must have done it again , so no arguments there. I did not think the Robins tackle warranted a red , but thats not how the ref saw  it. Both Managers off too. 

I feel the ref put all the ingrediants into the pot too make it boil over.  Two very good football teams got dragged into a street brawl.

However , there are many players that can hold their heads high today , so well done to them. I said it earlier this season , very little between these  2 sides if anything at all.

Can Tavistock and parkway confirm that the referee reports submitted to CCFA mark the referee as low as this site and other social media indicate so the RDO can take the necessary action. Otherwise what can be done to eradicate what the clubs indicate to be inadequate refereeing at this level of league

2 minutes ago, Dave Deacon said:

One would hope he might read this forum and perhaps make discreet enquiries even before any reports are received.

For so many, from both sides, to comment as they have is concerning!

Agreed, however if formal action is required the clubs must submit full details to CCFA. The reporting line is there to be used. If the allegations being made by a number of parties are correct then CCFA must act. However protocol must be adhered to and this starts with the two participating clubs. 

Marking referees inconsistent with club comments and statements helps nobody, least of all league football

Await responses from club officials. Eradication of alleged inadequate quality of refereeing starts with the clubs. Many a time the ability for matters to be taken further is stalled by Club officials 

1 hour ago, El Nino said:

As soon as everyone saw it was Murat reffing this game it was obvious it was going to be a shambles. Murat couldn't ref an Under 7s game. He may know the rules but doesn't understand football. He should be suspended from refereeing immediately.

See later postings

4 hours ago, Bobjfh said:

I heard it was a clear punch (and that was from a Parkway player at the game), but as mentioned above - this was a game (last one) between the top two teams (by far) in the league and it is a shame that all everyone is talking about is Ref. 

Both teams are much better than a game finishing with only 17 players and no managers - at least there were less players running around on the pitch causing damage to the surface - lol. 

Part of the problem here is club honesty when marking Refs after a game - the winning teams mark well and the loosing teams move on and effectively neither team write a full review of the Refs performance. If this Ref is poor why is he still officiating if teams keep marking him down and submitting a write up. 

On a more positive note it is fixture done and dusted and must have been a real entertainer for the crowd. 

Agreed with comment regarding players honesty and reporting lines  for immediate action

“As an aside, people will look at three red cards in two minutes and say the referee spoilt the game, but he did everything right here.  Whilst he may not have controlled the game brilliantly, it was the players who lost their heads and did the damage, and not the referee.”

A quote from an impartial look at the game yesterday which a lot of us want to know more about! A good read - https://thegrassrootstourist.com/2018/03/30/tavistock-afc/

1 hour ago, Dave Deacon said:

“As an aside, people will look at three red cards in two minutes and say the referee spoilt the game, but he did everything right here.  Whilst he may not have controlled the game brilliantly, it was the players who lost their heads and did the damage, and not the referee.”

A quote from an impartial look at the game yesterday which a lot of us want to know more about! A good read - https://thegrassrootstourist.com/2018/03/30/tavistock-afc/

Thanks for sharing Dave, a very interesting read 

3 hours ago, Dave Deacon said:

Yep, spot on reporting. Liked the bit about the "keeper taking his head for a shit"......

2 hours ago, Dave Deacon said:

Yes an interesting read but biased towards Tavistock, far from inpartial as he uses the word 'we' to refer to tavvy - to say that the referee was mostly surrounded by parkway players is totally untrue, from the off it was the Tavistock players that did it more than them and if you watch any match of theirs then they are the biggest culprits in the league.  - no mention of the early tackles by Tavistock players that left players on the ground that was ignored by the referee. He never consulted his assistants on controversial decisions, kept stopping the game and talking to players, never let it flow. Tried to play the advantage rule on occasions , but totally failed in that attempt. Booked Parkway player as described above for tackle, which writer thought should have been a red, but then allowed parkway to take the free kick. So unfortunately the writer of the article left so much out re the discipline and lack of respect for the referee by the Tavistock players it beggers belief  - its as impartial as Putin deciding on whether the nerve gas was sent by Russia or not.  I say again have seen the ref on numerous occasions in local leagues and most of his matches end up like this one. 

Brilliant write up very funny and a pretty good summing up of the game. The ref was not the greatest but the players at times did not help themselves, some of the tackles he let go could have been straight reds, i did not c the punch but if glynn hobbs punches u i would imagine it hurts a lot. Also fully agree with the MOM Krac was brilliant and kept his cool his fitness levels along with several of the other players from both sides is really very impressive. All in all a fiver well spent

11 minutes ago, hoppit said:

What I deduce from Homewaters report is that Parkway were squeaky clean and it was all Tavistocks and the refs fault,seems a bit biased to me having had 3 correctly sent off.

Far from it - but to get the correct answer you have to know the previous of the ref - both sides were equally to blame - which was not reflected in the Tavistock report. If you have seen the referee at other matches, those end up very similar, so he does not have the where with all to deal with players and managers, cannot control matches he officiates at, does not apply the laws of the game in a manner that gives players confidence in his decisions. Fails to spot continuing offences ie; manager sent off still shouting instructions from the side of the stand to his Tavy players and to the ref. - so there are many facets of his refereeing which really fall below the standard required. Referees at the match also believe he should not have been there.

14 hours ago, El Nino said:

As soon as everyone saw it was Murat reffing this game it was obvious it was going to be a shambles. Murat couldn't ref an Under 7s game. He may know the rules but doesn't understand football. He should be suspended from refereeing immediately.

Sounds that he was refereeing a load of 7 year olds! 

3 hours ago, Goldeneye said:

Sounds that he was refereeing a load of 7 year olds! 

He was refereeing the last match (future Devon Bowl games aside) between the top 2 sides in this League. I spoke to 2 other qualified refs at the game and both agreed that he had no authority, no control and no understanding of the players. Knowing the rules is simply not enough.

23 minutes ago, El Nino said:

He was refereeing the last match (future Devon Bowl games aside) between the top 2 sides in this League. I spoke to 2 other qualified refs at the game and both agreed that he had no authority, no control and no understanding of the players. Knowing the rules is simply not enough.

Anyone on here who solely blames the ref has no idea of what they r going on about. Ok he was a little erratic but he did not lose control of the game most of the players lost control of themselves thats where the problem lies.

26 minutes ago, herbie777 said:

Anyone on here who solely blames the ref has no idea of what they r going on about. Ok he was a little erratic but he did not lose control of the game most of the players lost control of themselves thats where the problem lies.

I cannot see anyone here who solely blames the ref,  you say in a previous posting, ' some of the tackles he let go could have been straight reds ' , true, that was early on and that started the problems on the field.  You have to read all the postings  to get a real feel of what went on regarding the ref. 

4 hours ago, Hetty said:

The parkway fans on here sum up the club perfectly.  Arrogant 

Quite the opposite. I'm not arrogant and call things straight down the middle. Didn't see the match on Friday but have seen the mentioned ref several times and he is poor. He was reffing at P and D level only last season, and he couldn't control our game then either! 

On 3/31/2018 at 11:17, Home Waters said:

Yes an interesting read but biased towards Tavistock, far from inpartial as he uses the word 'we' to refer to tavvy - to say that the referee was mostly surrounded by parkway players is totally untrue, from the off it was the Tavistock players that did it more than them and if you watch any match of theirs then they are the biggest culprits in the league.  - no mention of the early tackles by Tavistock players that left players on the ground that was ignored by the referee. He never consulted his assistants on controversial decisions, kept stopping the game and talking to players, never let it flow. Tried to play the advantage rule on occasions , but totally failed in that attempt. Booked Parkway player as described above for tackle, which writer thought should have been a red, but then allowed parkway to take the free kick. So unfortunately the writer of the article left so much out re the discipline and lack of respect for the referee by the Tavistock players it beggers belief  - its as impartial as Putin deciding on whether the nerve gas was sent by Russia or not.  I say again have seen the ref on numerous occasions in local leagues and most of his matches end up like this one. 

I absolutely am not a Tavistock fan.  I used the word "we" as in, we - the fans - were treated to our fifth red card of the match.