Newquay 1, Godolphin Atlantic 1

St Austell 4, Sticker 3

Stoke Gabriel 2, Ivybridge Town 1

Tavistock 2, Plymouth Parkway 2

Torpoint Athletic 1, Saltash United 1

DIVISION ONE EAST

Appledore 1, Torridgeside 2

Axminster Town  2,  Crediton United 1

Honiton Town 0, Ilfracombe Town 1  (switched to Exwick Villa all-weather surface)

Liverton United 1, Bovey Tracey 5

Sidmouth Town 3, Budleigh Salterton 4

DIVISION ONE WEST

Holsworthy P-P Bude Town

Liskeard Athletic 3, Dobwalls 0 (switched to Dobwalls)

Penzance 1, Mousehole 4

Plymstock United  2,  Elburton Villa  4

St Dennis 1, St.Blazey 3

Wendron United 0, Porthleven 4

Please note the Plymouth Argyle v Witheridge match has been switched to Saturday, 2.00pm ko - this game has now been postponed in any case!

Agreed Mark, with the rain we have already had & rain forecast again for this evening & overnight, it would be a good idea for any clubs who think their game might be doubtful to speak up as it then gives other 'floating' or 'neutral' football fans the chance to make other arrangements & maybe catch a different match instead  of supporters being let down tomorrow & clubs who do manage to get games on missing out on potential extra revenue from the neutral's that might attend if their particular team is postponed

Leedsunited   the Referee inspected it and said it was off at Newquay and then they decided to give it another go at 9am this morning and 

as we have had no overnight rain it passed this mornings inspection.

As for Godolphin being short they always put their best side out against us.

Torpoint  Athletic 1-1 Saltash United 

Att: 133

With Saltash scoring in the 2nd minute through Richard Maddison and Pete Bradley scoring in the 36th minute and both teams finishing with ten men. Lance Bailey for Point with a late chanllenge and Henry Wilson for the Ashes with an elbow on Mike Roberts. Good old fashioned derby with both side playing well in the conditions! Torpoint got a very good point!

Newquay 1-1 Godolphin 

Poor first half with plenty of niggle and whingeing at the ref but little real quality. Newquay had more of the game but rarely tested the G keeper apart from a decent save at the near post from Griffin. Bray -Evans had several opportunities but lacked composure in finishing. Despite some quality and experience on paper in their midfield, G were second best

Similar in 2nd half until Phil Lowry, who had already been booked for a clumsy dive, bundled into 2 defenders and  received a second, perhaps harsh, yellow and left the field.

Further chances were spurned by Newquay until Griffin worked well with Dart on left and fired a good shot across the keeper to put the home side in front. An excellent long range effort from Turner was also pushed over by the G keeper

G reacted well with Jamie Lowry stepping into midfield more often and with support from Fallens, now concentrating more on playing than seeking to referee, some very good football was finally evident.

G sub Colquhoun (?) was troubling the Newquay central defenders with his movement and equalised with an excellent dipping strike from some distance on the left. 

In the end a draw was a fair reflection of the match which had one real quality player in Jamie Lowry. The tone of the match wasn't helped by an over-officious referee but to be fair to him, he was constantly being harangued on all sides by players and benches alike. I appreciate that this is amateur football and passions run high but feel that managers need to set a better example by not complaining vociferously at every decision that goes against them and then perhaps the players would follow their lead.....?

Watched Penzance (1) v Mousehole (4) today. For me the better team won on the day. Mousehole never really hit top gear but didn’t need to against a very average Penzance side. Penzance had a spell just after half time to their credit made the game a little more entertaining rather than watching Mousehole keep ball training session in the first half, during this spell they were awarded a penalty that was given by the ref (who failed to keep up with play for most of the game) from the half way line when the Mousehole player clearly took the ball first and Penzance player fell over the tacklers leg (one for VAR). 

Good luck to Mousehole in the final on Monday!

Well done lads we out played the G  today totally dominated the game and we deserved to win.....but we had a definite pen not given by the ref and other good chances to put the game to bed but we paid the price for not killing the game off with the G down to 10 men with only 10 mins left they score a great Vollied goal!! Feels more like a loss than a draw!! But another game Wednesday home to Bodmin to look forward to! ⚽️?

Watched the local derby between Newquay vs Godolphin ,well the 1st half was really a none event ,but 2nd half Newquay came out all guns blazing and went ahead with a fine Richard Griffen goal across Ethan Fern in the G goal the G players werent happy the way the goal was scored because they had a player flat out injured and thought the ref would of blown for a foul which never came Newquay continued to dominate and Ethan Fern the G goalie was having a fine game stopping what ever Newquay could  at the G gOAL . A inspirational sub by G manager   Ash Bradshaw bringing on Ben COLQHOUN who was right in the thick of the action and scored a worldly goal a superb volley Zac Roberts had no hope of stopping so in future it will be Ben Van Basten Colqhoun he will never score a better goal but you got to feel sorry for Newquay the 2nd half they did play well . My man of the match goes to the G goalie Ethan Fern your team mates need to give you a few pints to say thankyou for putting up a 1 man show to stop the NEwquay players mostly Jack Bray Evans who should of scored when 1 on 1 but Ethan wasnt having any of it and made save after save MOM for Newquay has  got to go to Danny O Hagan who had a fine game in the centre of defence .Well done to the G for a hard earned point and hard luck to Newquay for not getting all 3 . The G got a nice easy match on Monday vs Bodmin hope the weather will be nice and my favourite striker Adam Carter has a off day but he rarely does

Camelford 0-2 Bodmin

Credit to Camelford ground staff for getting the game on, very heavy but looked superb before kick off. Always a tough game against Reg & his troops at Camelford, Bodmin made to battle hard for the win. 

Sounds like their were some good games played out today arour the County,  well done Godolphin on snatching a draw at Newquay, sounds like the referee didn't help either side, specially Godolphin playing the last 40 mins with only 10 men after a dodgy sending off! 11 v 10 to get a draw must feel like a victory

8 minutes ago, leedsunited said:

Camelford 0-2 Bodmin

Credit to Camelford ground staff for getting the game on, very heavy but looked superb before kick off. Always a tough game against Reg & his troops at Camelford, Bodmin made to battle hard for the win. 

Sounds like their were some good games played out today arour the County,  well done Godolphin on snatching a draw at Newquay, sounds like the referee didn't help either side, specially Godolphin playing the last 40 mins with only 10 men after a dodgy sending off! 11 v 10 to get a draw must feel like a victory

Who scored for Bodmin today ?

12 minutes ago, leedsunited said:

Camelford 0-2 Bodmin

Leeds - took the ground staff along with Reg and all the Camels squad forking the pitch before the game to get it going - normally would still have been too sodden but needs must for both teams. 

Bodmin deserved winners over 90 but really two halves, Bodmin had the first 45 and Camels the second and both teams missed a couple of chances each - shame for Camels that the two goals they conceded were avoidable - first was a Carter header that was probably going in but Camels defender got to it just stuck in the mud and clearance went into top corner! Other goal was a strange defensive header that hit an unsuspecting Bodmin player and straight into the goal. Bodmin had two disallowed for offside, one was clear, one close and Camels keeper made two great saves. 

Second half saw arrival of two Camels players who had been delayed at an RTC and Reg swapped to a 442, Camels looked a lot better. 

Considering conditions both teams did all possible to play decent football, Bodmin just a little more clinical. Signs very good for Camels as finally getting players back from long term injury and some young lads back from Uni. 

A good derby but one played in 99% good humour - Mr Gilbert even had time to question what went wrong with the managers at Tavvy and Parkway to get sent off, with a broad grin!!

9 minutes ago, Bobjfh said:

Leeds - took the ground staff along with Reg and all the Camels squad forking the pitch before the game to get it going - normally would still have been too sodden but needs must for both teams. 

Bodmin deserved winners over 90 but really two halves, Bodmin had the first 45 and Camels the second and both teams missed a couple of chances each - shame for Camels that the two goals they conceded were avoidable - first was a Carter header that was probably going in but Camels defender got to it just stuck in the mud and clearance went into top corner! Other goal was a strange defensive header that hit an unsuspecting Bodmin player and straight into the goal. Bodmin had two disallowed for offside, one was clear, one close and Camels keeper made two great saves. 

Second half saw arrival of two Camels players who had been delayed at an RTC and Reg swapped to a 442, Camels looked a lot better. 

Considering conditions both teams did all possible to play decent football, Bodmin just a little more clinical. Signs very good for Camels as finally getting players back from long term injury and some young lads back from Uni. 

A good derby but one played in 99% good humour - Mr Gilbert even had time to question what went wrong with the managers at Tavvy and Parkway to get sent off, with a broad grin!!

Christ knows what happened at Tavi & Parkway ... they are new to this 'success' thing so maybe they been watching to much Premier League football on the Tv & trying to be Conte's & Klopp's!! :thumbsup:

Credit to Reg & all his players, top effort

26 minutes ago, Danny O said:

See you on Wednesday Leeds!! The G were lucky today! ⚽️??

Make your own luck in football Danny Boy!! 

Gotta love a Leeds dig at Newquay... :yahoo: 

Newquay were definitely lacking up front today, and a massive clanger by the keeper gave the ball to G, and they finished superbly. Fair play to them, and we dropped two points. 

On the whole though, we we're the better side. And on another day we would have scored 5/6.... G played some good stuff too, when they weren't playing fallball...

5 minutes ago, Atherton LR said:

Gotta love a Leeds dig at Newquay... :yahoo: 

Newquay were definitely lacking up front today, and a massive clanger by the keeper gave the ball to G, and they finished superbly. Fair play to them, and we dropped two points. 

On the whole though, we we're the better side. And on another day we would have scored 5/6.... G played some good stuff too, when they weren't playing fallball...

Football about getting results, G got their result, 11 couldn't beat 10 .... 

Danny will tell you Atherton, its about getting results & seeing games out .... sounds like G did that today. Happy Easter :thumbsup:

Just now, leedsunited said:

Football about getting results, G got their result, 11 couldn't beat 10 .... 

Danny will tell you Atherton, its about getting results & seeing games out .... sounds like G did that today. Happy Easter :thumbsup:

You are not wrong in that. Like I said, another day.... and a different result. That's football.

Now let's hope we get one over your Bodmin on Wednesday. Shame I can't make it, I remember some cracking games watching Bucks against you. Especially when Fat Kevin Miller was playing for you :D Had a good crack at his expense in the Throgmorton Final at Cully a few years back.

We are gutted but at the same time we were far the better side!! So got to be happy with that!! Just need a goal scorer for next season!! We’ve just got to take it on the chin and move on!! And my pal Leeds can say what he likes Newquay is a fantastic club and I should know I’ve played at a few great clubs!! ⚽️?

2 hours ago, Tribute said:

Who was the keeper for St Blazey today, is he the regular one . Looked class and never stopped talking to his defenders , to be fair he never stopped talking to anyone  all game ??

Hes signed as cover for Chapman who is injured. Good performance today.

Match pics from St Dennis 2v2 St Blazey now on the website. Match report to follow.

http://www.stblazeyafc.co.uk/fixture/st-dennis-v-st-blazey/

“As an aside, people will look at three red cards in two minutes and say the referee spoilt the game, but he did everything right here.  Whilst he may not have controlled the game brilliantly, it was the players who lost their heads and did the damage, and not the referee.”

A quote from an impartial look at the game yesterday which a lot of us want to know more about! A good read - https://thegrassrootstourist.com/2018/03/30/tavistock-afc/

17 hours ago, Bobjfh said:

With so much bad publicity about refs on this site I thought the officials at Camelford were excellent in what was very testing conditions. Seems to me that if officials are bad everyone notices but if they are good nobody notices. give credit where credits due

4 minutes ago, hoppit said:

With so much bad publicity about refs on this site I thought the officials at Camelford were excellent in what was very testing conditions. Seems to me that if officials are bad everyone notices but if they are good nobody notices. give credit where credits due

Even better if we know who they were ?

1 hour ago, hoppit said:

Hoppit - my mistake as I meant to include in my ‘report’. All three were very good - did feel Mr Hunnisett should have carded the Bodmin no 8 for persistent ‘professional’ fouls to break up play and  probably on a firm pitch he would of, as he warned him several times when giving free kick against him - but he very clearly made every attempt to let the game flow - he applauded good tackles and warned players going in for tackles to be careful. I think there was one (two at most) yellows in a good tempo game on a very very soft slippery surface - well done all

17 hours ago, CornishRhino said:

I watched the game at Helston this morning/early afternoon. I've got to say I really enjoyed this game on what was a very heavy pitch in a number of areas. Helston weren't a bad side but didn't do enough in the 90 minutes to get anything out of the game. They didn't test the keeper Ryan Barnes enough to warrant getting anything out of the game. Falmouth looked solid in every area of the pitch. The young winger Olly Walker in particular had a very good game. Yes he still needs to work on a couple of things but that will come as and when he gets older and the more experience he has. But going forward he is absolutely superb. He skinned his full back every single time. The Helston keeper Barrie Wyatt made a number of good saves also. He certainly kept the scoreline lower than what it could've been.

I thought olly was M.O.M and don' think town had to get out of 1rst gear really.

39 minutes ago, CornishRhino said:

I would agree with you mattelot. Olly Walker would've been my man of the match if I was choosing. On the whole Falmouth had it a little too easy. Looking forward to the game at Bickland Park on Wednesday against St Austell. As a neutral I do think that'll be a close one.

Certainly a bigger challenge .especially  as we have Argyll away on Monday .going to be some tired legs .

2 hours ago, mattelot said:

Certainly a bigger challenge .especially  as we have Argyll away on Monday .going to be some tired legs .

I agree there will be a lot of tired legs for a lot of teams now. Especially playing games so close together because of back logs. It will probably be a case of teams struggling to raise their normal starting 11 (players can’t get time off or injuries building up etc..) Therefore I think there could be some unexpected results a long the way. And if there are I personally wouldn’t read too much into the results for the above reasons. 

However from the other angle if a team can keep picking up points during fixture pile ups then that shows the quality of the depth of squad. And certainty where fitness levels will shine through. 

For Falmouth I been impressed with their fitness levels this year. It’s been a pleasure to watch for the games I have managed to make.