Cornwall Football Forum

JUNIOR CUP semi postponed!

Both teams ready to play for the second time and it’s called off.  I get the weather isn’t amazing at the minute but if it was a Saturday today I’m sure 90% of games would be going ahead. You would think we would be able to find a ground to get this semi final sorted tonight. Looks like another week without football for exiles this is great preparation for the semi final ????

2 minutes ago, 8 quid said:

Why on earth make such an early call on a game with a 7-30 ko ????????????,Also did anyone not try asking Sticker or Godolphin (both have lights) about a possible late change of venue,seems a big lack of forward thinking !!!!!!!!!!!!

We would have traveled further if it meant we got the game on, for the second time we have had players ask for the time off work for this 

1 minute ago, 8 quid said:

Why on earth make such an early call on a game with a 7-30 ko ????????????,Also did anyone not try asking Sticker or Godolphin (both have lights) about a possible late change of venue,seems a big lack of forward thinking !!!!!!!!!!!!

Fair point although Sticker already got a game there tonight.

1 minute ago, 8 quid said:

Completely agree.... there should of been a plan B in place.... wouldn’t be hard to phone around a few clubs to enquire about availability for this evening... 

3 minutes ago, number 6 said:

At the end of the day both teams have made arrangements so players will be ready to play tonight I’m sure if a venue got sorted In the next 4 hours both teams would be available to play it

Has anyone contacted the Cornwall FA direct to offer this suggestion? 

3 minutes ago, number 6 said:

I wouldn’t know how to

You can do it by that old fashioned method of communication called the phone after looking at their website for their contact number which your secretary should have anyway ??

“The Cornwall FA Office is open from 9am-5pm Monday to Friday

During this time you can contact the office line on 01208 269010

Very strange to make the call so early. Play it somewhere else. Or, considering Newquay agreed to play it at their place, shouldn’t a qualified referee make the call a bit later in the day considering it’s dry now?

Get your secretaries to phone the Cornwall FA and get it played. Surely any pitch in cornwall with lights/4G would be appropriate, St Stephen played 45/50 minutes away from home last night (with traffic) 

30+ people are ready to travel/play and also fans have probably made arrangements, I would be annoyed if it happened to us. Several phone calls would get this sorted. Find a pitch, notify the referees. 

7 minutes ago, Jimmer06 said:

Very strange to make the call so early. Play it somewhere else. Or, considering Newquay agreed to play it at their place, shouldn’t a qualified referee make the call a bit later in the day considering it’s dry now?

Get your secretaries to phone the Cornwall FA and get it played. Surely any pitch in cornwall with lights/4G would be appropriate, St Stephen played 45/50 minutes away from home last night (with traffic) 

30+ people are ready to travel/play and also fans have probably made arrangements, I would be annoyed if it happened to us. Several phone calls would get this sorted. Find a pitch, notify the referees. 

Nothing is gonna be done mate we think it’s gonna be rescheduled for the 7th of April. Shambles really this is twice now we have had players take time from work for this game. We could understand if it was bad weather or the pitch was holding water ect but by the sounds of it it’s just being called off for their game Friday

26 minutes ago, Danielburt8 said:

Nothing is gonna be done mate we think it’s gonna be rescheduled for the 7th of April. Shambles really this is twice now we have had players take time from work for this game. We could understand if it was bad weather or the pitch was holding water ect but by the sounds of it it’s just being called off for their game Friday

That could be a reason. In which case Newquay shouldn’t of accepted to host.

I still think a qualified referee should of done the inspection at about 3pm given the importance of getting it played.

Volunteered yet? For what? You and that gentleman are much more intelligent than me, I have no idea what your point is?

Surely the point here is regarding the Cornish FA making suitable arrangements for the County Junior Cup Semi Final to be played? Of course, the weather has been quite obnoxious lately, but this well observed fact (pretty poor weather) should have been factored into any arrangements. It did not creep up upon us. If the pitch was unplayable tonight after a fine day, it would surely have been unplayable for at least the last 2 or 3 days as well, so I would have thought some other “plan B” arrangements could have been sorted, and contact made with both clubs to discuss alternative arrangements.

If the decision was as simple as Newquay calling the game off at 10am in game day, it seems a bit short sighted.

But what do I know.

2 hours ago, WendronOfficial said:

The CCFA are not always to blame. Hardly any clubs have come forward to host finals or semis this season, despite being approached. Frustrating for definite, but I imagine it is for all parties. 

We hosted a semi and got slated for playing our own team on the pitch the day before ....funny old world when we were only helping out.

Some of the comments are great.  Has anyone thought that perhaps the pitch was used on Saturday in already saturated conditions, it has rained since then and therefore has had no time to dry out?  Given the lack of football the last 3 months I dare say people would do anything to get a game on and to see a game, but not to the lengths that the pitch is unplayable and potentially dangerous to the players.

36 minutes ago, secretscout said:

Some of the comments are great.  Has anyone thought that perhaps the pitch was used on Saturday in already saturated conditions, it has rained since then and therefore has had no time to dry out?  Given the lack of football the last 3 months I dare say people would do anything to get a game on and to see a game, but not to the lengths that the pitch is unplayable and potentially dangerous to the players.

With more rain forecast today and tomorrow it will be interesting to see if Newquays match will be on. Was going to head down and watch

Gordsy

14 minutes ago, Harry Gords said:

With more rain forecast today and tomorrow it will be interesting to see if Newquays match will be on. Was going to head down and watch

Gordsy

The SWPL have just tweeted to say Newquay have confirmed their game as ON. Peculiar seeing as it's rained more today than yesterday! 

50 minutes ago, Titus Bramble said:

The SWPL have just tweeted to say Newquay have confirmed their game as ON. Peculiar seeing as it's rained more today than yesterday! 

That was exactly my point. Miraculous recovery over 2 days considering its humped it down.

46 minutes ago, Danielburt8 said:

???  pitch must be really unplayable 

Not playable for Junior football but playable for Senior, that part is confusing.

Remarkable. Groundsman of the year, the last couple of days of effort to get tomorrow on. I'll be there to watch, up the mints :smiley20:

Gordsy

On 28/03/2018 at 16:27, MarazionBluesFC said:

Rediculous decision at 10 am.... ref should have been there around now to inspect.... absolutly shocking what a shambles 

Shouldn't it be Mousehole AFC, Marazion are no longer an active club so why come on commenting on something nothing to do with you. Must admit that there is no strange "herbal tobacco" smells at Marazion now.

5 hours ago, Clubman said:

Shouldn't it be Mousehole AFC, Marazion are no longer an active club so why come on commenting on something nothing to do with you. Must admit that there is no strange "herbal tobacco" smells at Marazion now.

Perhaps he had this profile whilst he was playing over marazion, perhaps someone had one shandy to many last night 

On 30/03/2018 at 23:36, Clubman said:

Clubman and u are WHO hiding behind ur forum name..... if u want to throw accusations about at least be man enough to let everyone know who u are.... comes to mind..... I’m part of the conversation because I’m part of the club that is still in the junior cup which leads me to the point of what the hell are u doing commenting on this debate??