Cornwall Football Forum

TREGONY 6-1 ST.AGNES BOLSTERS

Not sure what league or cup this is but some of the Vets teams have joined up with the Sunday League youngsters for a few more games? I’m sure Tux or Dave will explain!? Anyway Aggie only had 9 players for the first 45 minutes against a pacy young team and were 0-6 down at the break. Apparently the visitors were holding out well for the opening 20 minutes until a dubious penalty and then the floodgates opened against the Sunday league leaders. Aggie manager Steve James performed his usual magic by running the line and being on his mobile with his other hand and managed to muster a couple of youthful subs by half time to at least make it 11 v 11 for the second half. Defender Brendan Curran (60) and striker Mark Rapsey (50) were introduced as a 110 years old subs as the hosts still piled on the pressure. The Aggie backline and keeper Chris Gardiner have to be congratulated especially Matt Baxter for some great last ditch tackling and the 15+ corners faced 2nd half! Midfielders Dan OToole, Ronnie Sekawata and Mark Wade ran there socks off to go with Tony Penrose with the sweetest right peg in the West! Tough old heavy pitch, that’s my excuse for a few crap touches anyway! We did manage two shots through Wadey and striker Trevor Whisker on our rare attacks. Miraculously we held out until the very last minute when Penrose whipped in a trademark dangerous free kick, Wadey outjumped the two 6ft 3 centre half’s with his never say die attitude and headed down and Rapsey just nipped in front the keeper to toe the ball full stretch into the top corner from 5 yards to win the second half 1-0!!! Not sure how but Tregony a decent bunch of lads who are a well organised unit and won’t lose many games on a Sunday I would imagine!? ?⚽️

Hi Rappo, St Agnes have entered our Combined League cups to get a few extra games. Foxhole Vets originally expressed an interest but they're playing catch up and can't get the games in whereas St Agnes are up to speed with games. Royal Par entered the cups for the same reason, Tregony knocked us out of the Sunday Cup 5-0 though that flattered us! You've also got Tremough at home in the West Cup plus play the winner of Royal Par Vets v St Kew Highway in the White Hart Final. Tregony are a good side, won league last year, looking strong this year plus In Sunday Cup Final. 

Well what can i say!!! We arent top of the vets league for nothing,we played some good football and matched Tregony for some long periods, but youth and 2 extra players all but sealed victory by half time, the 2nd half was good to watch and i thought we deserved that goal, many thanks to Tregony for the hospitality it was a pleasure to play against you and gave us a great workout for our upcoming semi final in the vets koc! I did the most running ive done in years running that line!

2 hours ago, RAPPO said:

Haha, I was fresh Dave! Ain’t played since October mate! Although agreed “nipped” might have been a bit ambitious ?⚽️?  Still choked at paying £2 for those 2 old mars bars at Blazey yesterday! ?

Blimey, I didn't realise they were a quid each!