Cornwall Football Forum

LWC Drinks Combo League Results and table for Saturday 24th March 2018

Results for 
Saturday 24th March
Goonhavern Athletic (Adam Paterson 2) 2-4 Falmouth Town Reserves (Kyle Cooke, Liam Chinn, Brodie Kemp, Ben Kellow) 
Att - 14
Helston Athletic Reserves p-p Redruth United 
Holman SC (Adam Brown, Adam Selley) 2-4 Hayle (Cameron Irish 2, Ben Williams, Kane Williams) 
Att - 31 
RNAS Culdrose (Dylan Plenty) 1-3 St Just (Yann May, Will Southcott, Jack Willis) 
Att - 18
St Agnes (Curtis Pay) 1-3 Perranporth (Chris Wood, Ross Sommerville, Matt Roberts) 
Att - 40
St Day (Dan Richards 3, Gavin Boon 2, Jake Williams) 6-4 Pendeen Rovers (Silus Sullivan 2, Alex Ralph, Danny Earl)
Att - 47
St Ives Town (Matt Fox, Charlie Boon) 2-0 West Cornwall 
Att - 20

Supplementary Cup
Preliminary Round
Carharrack (Mark Hollands, Matt McIlroy) 2-0 Perranwell 
Att - 20

Latest table 24/3/18 @ 6pm

Did you know that every league point won today was gained by a team in the top ten at the start of play. The bottom 10 sides earned nothing. The world is not fair!

POS TEAM PL W D L F A GD PTS
1 PERRANPORTH 24 19 4 1 94 22 72 63*
2 ST DAY 25 19 2 4 90 33 57 59
3 FALMOUTH TOWN RESERVES 22 18 2 2 85 29 56 56
4 CARHARRACK 17 14 1 2 86 25 61 43
5 PERRANWELL 20 14 1 5 57 25 32 43
6 HELSTON ATHLETIC RESERVES 23 13 2 8 62 43 19 41
7 ST JUST 25 11 7 7 56 54 2 40
8 ST IVES TOWN 25 12 3 9 42 41 1 39
9 HAYLE 24 11 3 10 52 52 0 36
10 PENDEEN ROVERS 24 10 5 9 61 45 16 35
11 PORTHLEVEN RESERVES 23 10 2 11 64 56 8 32
12 MULLION 27 8 4 15 49 71 -22 28
13 ST AGNES 23 8 1 14 43 62 -19 25
14 WEST CORNWALL 23 8 1 14 42 66 -24 25
15 PENRYN ATHLETIC 23 5 7 11 36 60 -24 22
16 GOONHAVERN ATHLETIC 24 7 1 16 34 76 -42 22
17 ILLOGAN RBL RESERVES 23 7 5 11 37 49 -12 19*
18 HOLMAN SC 20 3 0 17 34 89 -55 9
19 REDRUTH UNITED 23 2 3 18 17 88 -71 9
20 RNAS CULDROSE 20 2 2 16 17 72 -55 8

17 hours ago, Alf said:

Wonder if Holmans will call there game off today? Marksy update please.:ninja:

Alf I’ve decided after all our banter & lots of fun for me you are a 100% knobhead ??. Just to please knobhead the Ref YES the Ref has said pitch is not playable so last night myself and the lovely Bella had agreed if necessary to the reverse. 

14 minutes ago, CornishRhino said:

Hayle 4 - 2 Holmans

This game took a little while to get going. Once it did both teams enjoyed little bits of success with the ball. Both teams had chances, however Holmans had more of the clear cut ones. They went close on a couple of occasions. The first goal for Holmans was a good finish by the number 8. The Hayle keeper originally made a good save but the Holmans player followed up and finished from a tight angle. Holmans then doubled their lead when the Hayle keeper made a mess from what looked like an easy take from a cross. The ball slipped underneath him and an open goal was left for the Holmans striker to blast home. Just moments later Hayle then got a goal back when Ben Williams headed the ball home from a corner. Holmans lead 2-1 at half time. Hayle then came out the blocks in the second half and looked like the only team who was going to win the game. A couple of goals from Cameron Irish, one a penalty, made sure Hayle ended up comfortably winning in the end. A solid game from the referee also.

Very accurate summing up , att 31 , no dogs this week 2 for Cameron Irish , 1 each for Ben Williams and Kane Williams ,  Hayle  fitness told in the latter stages ,  probably due to playing regular football ,   entertaining game  but Hayle deserved the 3 points , well played to Holmans   on this showing can't see them being relegated .

On 3/23/2018 at 17:45, Alf said:

Is that because your top goalscorer is available this time?

Alf did you venture down to sunny Hayle ?   Now I don't blame any team for trying to put out their strongest team and on his showing today the lad is a nuisance for any defender ,  I like the way he plays the game .  At least the fixture was played and credit to Holmans for giving up home advantage   i hope Holmans  can avoid relegation  they are old school and have been around for a long time  , I like the set up reminds me of my playing days  , good luck to all involved .

10 minutes ago, CornishRhino said:

I'm hoping to get up there before the end of the season. If I make it down I'll try and have a chat with you. It would be great to meet other forum users. You must be impressed with what's going on at Hayle?!

Would be great to meet another poster,  have met several now and they are all passionate about local football   . Yes the improvement at the club are fantastic and this is credit to all those involved , past  and present   , from those that were there at the start with moving from Ellis Park  , putting in hours to build a club house  and purchasing the field across the road , which has created the platform for what there is now  . Well done to them all ,  they should be proud of the legacy they have left for others in the future , to those involved with all the planning and work that goes with it  These are Hayle FC unsung heroes past and present you all know who you are ., As Andy Gray would say take a  bow son !

Holman's scorers, Adam Brown and Adam Selley. 

Probably a decent game to watch. Delighted with how we played in the first half. Quick flowing counter attacks and some decent defending. Limited Hayle to a couple of long range efforts and the set piece goal. Second half we just stopped doing all these things and Hayle controlled it from start to finish and could've scored a few more. Massive improvement for us though in recent weeks, now being able to compete with teams in the top half of the table and we feel like we can give anyone a game. :c:

Sup Cup: Carharrack 2 Perranwell 0

Not ideal playing on 3G but with all the torrential downpours and back log it was decided just to get this fixture played. Played in good spirits. 

A competitive match which brought out the football on the ground. A early goal from Mark Hollands saw a surberb lob from 25 yards out dip over the goalkeeper.  Perranwell did have their chances but just could hit the target. A late goal from Matt Mcllroy sealed the win 5 minutes from time which left the visitors with no time to reply.

48 minutes ago, Carharrack Loyal said:

Sup Cup: Carharrack 2 Perranwell 0

Not ideal playing on 3G but with all the torrential downpours and back log it was decided just to get this fixture played. Played in good spirits. 

A competitive match which brought out the football on the ground. A early goal from Mark Hollands saw a surberb lob from 25 yards out dip over the goalkeeper.  Perranwell did have their chances but just could hit the target. A late goal from Matt Mcllroy sealed the win 5 minutes from time which left the visitors with no time to reply.

Fair summary of a decent match, both sides struggled with pace of the ball on the 3G surface at times, difference between the sides, Carharrack took their chances and the Well couldn’t. Good luck to Carharrack in the next round, now we can concentrate on the second half of the league season that we’ve got to cram in in the next 8 or so weeks, weather & cricket permitting!!