Cornwall Football Forum

Small Clubs Grant Scheme

Duchy clubs - this could well assist a few of you who have issues regarding showers.

it is a requirement for staying  in the League to have showers - a pipe in the ceiling dripping cold water does not count !

I have heard complaints/comments about a few clubs whose showers are less than acceptable. i am always being told it is the lack of funding that stops things being done so check out the grant situation and see if you can get back to an acceptable standard.

I do intend to be checking facilities as I am out and about watching games next season.

While having a moan, it is also a requirement of membership to have a separate referees changing room. Sometimes these are being used as a storeroom / don't get cleaned out / have doors that don't close / have no light bulb  etc etc    This isn't acceptable or helpful when trying to keep hold of the referees we have left. I know you are all very busy and it is often just one man doing all the work (i was that man once) but it is really  beneficial in the long term.  

ps   paying them promptly and giving them a cup of tea also helps !!

I've had this post on the Trelawny Facebook page for twenty four hours now...

No likes, no shares and only two comments (tagging two clubs).

I find that frustrating because when the club's want to moan, they go on there in numbers.

Many have blasted the league/FA for the lack of money available for so long, yet when there is an opportunity for clubs to get their hands on some much needed funding... It's extremely quiet!

Come on club's, the chance for you to get some much needed money for a boiler, a re-felting of your changing rooms etc is here for you! Take it!

I'm not sure how much is in the pot but it's a national FA grant, there should be plenty to go around.

I'm not sure what the uptake has been, hopefully our club's have at least had a look at what's on offer. I understand and recognise how difficult it is for grass roots clubs to get kit and equipment. Every little helps :)