Wednesday 21st March

PREMIER DIVISION
Bodmin Town 4-0 Helston Athletic            
Saltash United 4-1 Stoke Gabriel    

DIVISION ONE WEST
Penzance 4-2 Holsworthy
Porthleven 2-1 St Dennis        
St Blazey 3-0 Ludgvan

WALTER C PARSON CUP SEMI FINAL (7.30PM at Sticker) 
Falmouth Town 4-2 Godolphin Atlantic (1-1 aet)

1 hour ago, derek martyn said:

5 - 1 ?? I think one or two people might be in for a big surprise. The G will have all their big hitters back for this tie and when that happens they are one of the best teams in the league. 

I completely agree, Falmouth are not that good when it comes to crucial cup matches = the senior cup proved that !

Some good games tonight, shame the weather has played its part & all taking place on the one evening! We welcome Steven Massey & his team to the Priory tonight, a Big Cup Semi final at Sticker ( sure to be a good one..... Godolphin just edging it? ) 

Also some good fixtures in the West Division this evening also, St.Blazey home to league leaders Ludgvan, with the St.Blazey faithful hoping to put the promotion bid back on track after Saturday's poor result against Plymstock, (Blazey terrible performance by all accounts) Also good luck to St.Dennis away at Porthleven, should be a good fixture also, although after catching a few of the St.Dennis lads on Sunday in St.Auzzlle they tell me Ricks is suspended & are traveling with a lot of injures & had to play 3 players from their 3rd team on Saturday away at Illogan! ( Cracking result in the process! ) So might be a long evening for them at Port. Looking forward to catching Mass after the match this evening, a great guy & glad to see him back in football.

Falmouth win through to the SWPL Cup Final after beating Godolphin Atlantic 4-2 after extra time. You certainly wouldn’t have expected there to be 6 goals after a goalless first 45!
Dave Broglino’s hat-trick included 2 penalties and an unstoppable long-distance shot worthy of winning any match!
Listen to what Ashley Bradshaw (Godolphin) and Charlie Davis ((Falmouth) thought straight after the match

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/cornish-soccer-talking-football/id1344394694?mt=2#episodeGuid=6bc05ed8-6d6b-b350-4791-deafde55c887

or

https://anchor.fm/cornishsoccer/episodes/Falmouth-Town-4-2-Godolphin-Atlantic-aet-e17hkg

On 19/03/2018 at 19:13, derek martyn said:

5 - 1 ?? I think one or two people might be in for a big surprise. The G will have all their big hitters back for this tie and when that happens they are one of the best teams in the league. 

Oops !! Maybe time to get some new big hitters ? 

Bodmin 4 Helston 0 (Adam Carter 3,Neil Slateford) 

Bodmin solid from number1to 11 even losing 2 defenders in first half didn’t deter them tonight the young players played Well 

Cracking game to watch tonight. Falmouth dug deep and showed heart and desire and deserved to go to the final. Broglino 3 and brabyn 1. Godolphin unfortunately lost their heads at times but live moves on. Everyone involved at Falmouth totally deserves it and will be up to watch the final

20 minutes ago, mattelot said:

Depends wether He's finished eating his very large slice of humble pie .wiped all that egg off his face and dug himself out of that deep hole he keeps getting himself into .???

Where is the final - in Devon I suppose but still I should be allowed to watch at a neutral ground.

21 minutes ago, mattelot said:

Depends wether He's finished eating his very large slice of humble pie .wiped all that egg off his face and dug himself out of that deep hole he keeps getting himself into .???

Not making excuses for anyone but if you travel by cars to away matches and the driver wants to go immediately the other players have no choice but to go. O for the days when I played and you were lucky to get home before eleven home or away!!!!

Congratulations to Falmouth, I was in the dugout last night as Ash got stuck at work till half time, I feel that the game over 90mins could of easily swung either way, unfortunately we (theG) just didnt get are foot on the ball in the middle of the park and control the tempo, that in my opinion was the key to winning the game last night.

In the end Falmouth looked fitter and ate up the minutes better, a hard pill to swallow but I wish all the lads and management team at Falmouth all the best in the final!

Good Luck!

Very nice of you to be so gracious in defeat. It was a very pulsating game and if you were a neutral then it must have been great to watch. However,  if you supported either side it was agony.  Could have gone either way and it was a case of who made a costly mistake would loose. I would much rather watch a game like that than glued to the TV watching over paid Prima Donnas.

G can take pride in the way they fought,  but as you say that bit of extra fitness told in the end. 

4 hours ago, gingerninja said:

A bit of a spat on twitter from Dane Bunney regarding the Stoke Gabriel team from last night, and in reply from Stu Bowker. It seems that Saltash put in food for them, and they refused to stay and left straight after the game. Worth a look at! 

Anyone have a report from the Saltash v Stoke Gabriel game, as appears stu Bowker wasn’t happy with something that went on

anyone shed any light on this?

1 hour ago, BIG AL said:

Not far from Devon! Why not at St. BlazeY OR St Austell - no doubt the swpl officials will HAVE THE EXCUSES !

Falmouth to wadebridge 35 miles falmouth to st austell 30 miles. You to tight to pay for the extra petrol????

1 hour ago, quiksilver said:

Tavistock to wadebridge 42 miles

falmouth to wadebridge 35 miles

so closer to the Cornish club than the Devon club!!!

I'm assuming this argument is some kind of joke no one else has latched on to ? don't forget some clubs won't want to host it and why not Wadebridge good on them and only 7 miles further for the tavy fans

2 hours ago, panda said:

Falmouth to wadebridge 35 miles falmouth to st austell 30 miles. You to tight to pay for the extra petrol????

Not a question of being tight - what a stupid comment ! I thought this was a football forum and matters connected - not for personal insults !

25 minutes ago, Mark Jones said:

I can give you a lift  Al? I Won’t even charge you petrol money. More people the merrier! 

Aren't the club running a coach like in the old days? Torpoint used to run a coach to the Easter Monday finals and they weren't even involved!

1 hour ago, BIG AL said:

Certainly very happy but Wadebridge is a hell of a difficult place to get to by public transport from Falmouth !

I see your point seeing you would have to use public transport . Matk has made a nice offer. Jump in and enjoy the game.