Cornwall Football Forum

Postponed games

Not sure exactly when the league is supposed to finish (sometime in May), but what actually happens if come that deadline, every team has played as many games as possible in the time frame given, do all outstanding games become void? Could become a reality one way or another at this rate

Officially I think it's the end of April, but as we do not have playoffs, we get a little bit of leeway and the May Bank holiday (7/5 this year) will be the last fixtures. If teams have to play 4 or 5 times a week the fixtures will get scheduled.

What would you choose.

Its Friday 4th May and obvious your pitch will be unplayable on the 5th or 6th and you already have a game on the 7th.

Do you, reluctantly agree that, because the FA will not allow any league fixtures to be played after the 7th, accept that the match cannot be played and your season ends with 1 less game played. No points given to either side.

Agree to switch to your opponents pitch, which is playable.

Find a neutral ground to play it on

Play twice on the 7th

1 hour ago, motherwontletmegoargyle said:

What would you choose.

Its Friday 4th May and obvious your pitch will be unplayable on the 5th or 6th and you already have a game on the 7th.

Do you, reluctantly agree that, because the FA will not allow any league fixtures to be played after the 7th, accept that the match cannot be played and your season ends with 1 less game played. No points given to either side.

Agree to switch to your opponents pitch, which is playable.

Find a neutral ground to play it on

Play twice on the 7th

Just ignore the dictatorial fa and swpl and PLAY !

My son`s game is one of todays casualties. He also plays Sunday league with his fixture for tomorrow also falling foul of the weather once again.

He has played 3 games in the CSWPL since Dec 16th and 2 games in the PWD Sunday since Nov 12th.

His fixture list, not including this weeks two and one, possibly two more cup matches, reads ;

March 20,24,25,27,30.

April 1,2,7,8,9,10,13,15,16,17,21,25,28,29.

May 2,5,6,7,and the13th.

Still a few dates available but it`s getting stupid now.

1 minute ago, Atherton LR said:

If the game was a bit tougher like it used to be. More games would have been completed, and there would have been no issues.

If elf n safety dictates a bit of damp means games can't be played, then the FA should provide funding for 4g pitches.

My thoughts entirely. In the past I have stood in pouring rain watching local football but then I was not watching snowflakes kicking the ball like now !