Lostwithiel Reserves 4-3 Week St Mary

Polperro Reserves 8-0 North Petherwin Reserves

St Anns Chapel 1-3 Looe Town Reserves

St Kew FC 2-4 Tregony

Wadebridge Town Thirds 3-1 Southgate

BODMIN SPORTS TROPHIES DUCHY LEAGUE CUP

St Dennis Thirds P-P Foxhole Stars Reserves

Duchy 1

Pelynt win only their second game this season by again defeating Grampound. This time it was 4-1 with a hatrick by James Barratt and one from Liam Faulkener. 

The home team dominated the match and will be disappointed not to have scored more whilst delighted with three more points

Duchy Prem

St Mawgan 0-2 Biscovey

A deserved win today in my opinion and a very organised and disciplined display. St Mawgan just couldn’t break us down and we created some excellent chances ourselves.

Goals from Jimmy Penhall and Wayne Hoole.

Lifton 2-5 St Stephen

We managed to play some good football on a very tough pitch.

Original fixtures were...

Mevagissey vs St Stephen - Postponed

Lifton v Rame cancelled as Rame couldn’t get a team.

So the league acted quickly to get us playing Lifton away, credit goes to them!

Also credit to Lifton for getting the game on and for hanging on until 3pm so we could make the longer journey! 

1 hour ago, Jimmer06 said:

Lifton 2-5 St Stephen

We managed to play some good football on a very tough pitch.

Original fixtures were...

Mevagissey vs St Stephen - Postponed

Lifton v Rame cancelled as Rame couldn’t get a team.

So the league acted quickly to get us playing Lifton away, credit goes to them!

Also credit to Lifton for getting the game on and for hanging on until 3pm so we could make the longer journey! 

I think credit should also go to yourselves, St Stephen Reserves, for being so flexible! 

15 minutes ago, Dave Deacon said:

I think credit should also go to yourselves, St Stephen Reserves, for being so flexible! 

It was definitely a mad morning for myself, phone was non stop and I’m sure it was the same for the Lifton Manager and the league officials too! 

20 odd chaps got the chance to have a run about ??

16 hours ago, davegrose said:

A Torpoint supporter,no different to anything Iv ever sed whilst watching lol just relentless n he always seemed to b 10 feet away from me,losing didn't help either!

You cheeky urchin Rosey, probably just a passionate Black and Yellow! Good luck for the rest of the season, be good to catch up soon. SM

On 17/03/2018 at 16:34, Columbia said:

Duchy 1

Pelynt win only their second game this season by again defeating Grampound. This time it was 4-1 with a hatrick by James Barratt and one from Liam Faulkener. 

The home team dominated the match and will be disappointed not to have scored more whilst delighted with three more points

A good example of football being a game of opinions. Grampound had the best of the first 25 mins and probably should have gone a couple up but poor first touches when in front of goal proved costly. Pelynt took the lead on the half hour when a cross/shot was spilt into a players path. Not long later it became 2-0 when an offside flag didn’t come with the goal scorer saying, “Sometimes you get away with 1 or 2.” With 20 mins to go Grampound’s goalkeeper slipped when coming out for an easy gather allowing tap-in and Pelynt’s 4th went straight in from a free kick in their own half when the ball slipped between the unfortunate keeper’s hands. Grampound’s goal came when 2 Pelynt defenders missed/sliced clearances which then fell to a player a few yards out. Overall was not much between the teams. 

15 hours ago, Grampound's Playmaker said:

A good example of football being a game of opinions. Grampound had the best of the first 25 mins and probably should have gone a couple up but poor first touches when in front of goal proved costly. Pelynt took the lead on the half hour when a cross/shot was spilt into a players path. Not long later it became 2-0 when an offside flag didn’t come with the goal scorer saying, “Sometimes you get away with 1 or 2.” With 20 mins to go Grampound’s goalkeeper slipped when coming out for an easy gather allowing tap-in and Pelynt’s 4th went straight in from a free kick in their own half when the ball slipped between the unfortunate keeper’s hands. Grampound’s goal came when 2 Pelynt defenders missed/sliced clearances which then fell to a player a few yards out. Overall was not much between the teams. 

You certainly had best first 15 minutes but after that it was wave after wave of Pelynt attack. Your linesman correctly pointed out that one defender was keeping our striker onside ( by some margin ) so nobody got away with anything other than several very poor Grampound challenges that went unpunished and possibly a more flattering score line than might have been the case for you.

On 17/03/2018 at 22:28, Jimmer06 said:

It was definitely a mad morning for myself, phone was non stop and I’m sure it was the same for the Lifton Manager and the league officials too! 

20 odd chaps got the chance to have a run about ??

Definitely a difficult morning organising Saturday but glad to get the game under our belts. 

On 18/03/2018 at 09:06, Jimmer06 said:

Am I right in assuming Rame have forfeited the game as they couldn’t raise a side? So do Lifton get 3 points from that cancelled fixture before we (St Stephen) agreed to play them? 

We at Lifton spoke with the league and if Rame continue we will get the points however it sounds like they are struggling each week so may not be able to continue in the league 

19 hours ago, davegrose said:

No mate I was right wing,feeling my age playing there too,how's duchy 3 treating u these days?not to hard shud b ur level.

Right wing , well away from your own penalty area, less likely to give away penalties once you have been skinned no doubt, great management by your gaffer. I've had to drop down the leagues due to back problems from carrying your sorry a*** for the last few seasons. Maybe you should come join me. Although I'm very sure that you wouldn't get in my team:smiley20:  :yahoo: See you soon Grosey:) All the best ;) 

On 21 March 2018 at 16:36, Jimmer06 said:

Right wing , well away from your own penalty area, less likely to give away penalties once you have been skinned no doubt, great management by your gaffer. I've had to drop down the leagues due to back problems from carrying your sorry a*** for the last few seasons. Maybe you should come join me. Although I'm very sure that you wouldn't get in my team:smiley20:  :yahoo: See you soon Grosey:) All the best ;) 

The only reason prynner put u in the team was so ur bro Matt didn't leave.........