Cornwall Football Forum

Trelawny League - Saturday 17 March 2018

PREMIER DIVISION

Camborne School of Mines P-P Mawnan

Lizard Argyle 5-4 Helston Athletic 3rds

St Agnes Reserves P-P Wendron United Reserves

St Keverne 4-3 St Buryan

Stithians 2-1 Halsetown (MOVED TO PENRYN 3G PITCH)

Troon AFC 3-2 St Day Reserves

DIVISION 1

Constantine P-P Perranporth Reserves

Hayle Reserves 4-3 Newlyn Non-Athletico

Mawnan Reserves P-P Rosudgeon

RNAS Culdrose Reserves P-P Lanner

Threemilestone P-P Mousehole Reserves

Trispen 1-10 Penwith Exiles

DIVISION 2

Frogpool & Cusgarne 2-0 Four Lanes

Gwinear Churchtown v Falmouth Town

Illogan RBL 3rds P-P Mullion Reserves

Probus P-P Wendron United 3rds

St Day 3rds P-P Newlyn Lions

Storm v Goonhavern Athletic Reserves

DIVISION 3

Holman SC Reserves P-P St Ives Mariners

Ludgvan Reserves P-P New Inn Titans

Rosudgeon Reserves P-P Carharrack Reserves

Ruan Minor P-P Frogpool & Cusgarne Reserves

St Buryan Reserves P-P St Erme

West Cornwall Reserves 3-5 St Agnes 3rds (Reversed to Chiverton)

DIVISION 4

Goonhavern Athletic 3rds P-P Praze-an-Beeble

Penzance Reserves 6-0 Constantine Reserves

Stithians Reserves P-P Lizard Argyle Reserves

Troon AFC Reserves 3-1 Wendron United 4ths

2 minutes ago, addick1 said:

Are you saying several fixtures could have been pulled forward to ease congestion towards the end of the season? Or no.

I'm not saying anything but just posting what the fixtures actually are from the FA Full-Time website. Probably best if you need an answer, you speak to the Trelawny League officials. Could be of course no referees. They'll know for sure.

2 minutes ago, Dave Deacon said:

I'm not saying anything but just posting what the fixtures actually are from the FA Full-Time website. Probably best if you need an answer, you speak to the Trelawny League officials. Could be of course no referees. They'll know for sure.

That's exactly why I asked the question in the first place! There may be reasons for the lack of fixtures? 

Full time is accessed by the leagues and the county. Sometimes things will go wrong and the wrong information will go out, Please allow the fixture/ appointment officer do his job. Please remember that it only takes 1 second to miss something out of the ordinary.?

14 hours ago, addick1 said:

No idea. I'm not a nominated officer of my club so I can't contact the league. Was hoping the usual Trelawny  League reps that use the forum would maybe answer the question?

There’s a few reasons why some teams aren’t playing today, the main problems are ground availability and referee availability. There will be times where grounds are allocated to our sides, but the senior teams within their clubs change fixtures (Perranwell for example, their first team have reversed their fixture with Carharrack to play at home). That then means their reserve side can’t be fixtured at home - so we have to have teams available to play them away.

Referee availability plays a massive part - unfortunately we are short and the majority of teams won’t agree on a referee between them so end up postponing the games anyway.

You will see more teams playing during April and May (the ordered period) because they have to play the game and agree on a referee between them. Its not ideal by any means, but it’s the way it has to go.

Hopefully, there will be measures in place next season (such as an earlier start date, a few extra evening fixtures etc) which will relieve the pressure on the League and clubs should we get this rubbish weather again next season.

Theres always a reason behind teams not being fixtured - as I’m sure you’re aware, we need to get games played as soon as possible so where we can get fixtures played, the Fix. Sec. will do his utmost to schedule them.

St Buryan v St Erme - OFF

Its getting pretty desperate now, this weather can do one!! 

By the time most teams get their fixtures in it’ll be the start of the new season, luckily we’ve played a decent number but still we’ll be having a few evening ones by the looks of it which is never ideal as squads can be stretched due to work etc.

1 hour ago, B_D said:

There’s a few reasons why some teams aren’t playing today, the main problems are ground availability and referee availability. There will be times where grounds are allocated to our sides, but the senior teams within their clubs change fixtures (Perranwell for example, their first team have reversed their fixture with Carharrack to play at home). That then means their reserve side can’t be fixtured at home - so we have to have teams available to play them away.

Referee availability plays a massive part - unfortunately we are short and the majority of teams won’t agree on a referee between them so end up postponing the games anyway.

You will see more teams playing during April and May (the ordered period) because they have to play the game and agree on a referee between them. Its not ideal by any means, but it’s the way it has to go.

Hopefully, there will be measures in place next season (such as an earlier start date, a few extra evening fixtures etc) which will relieve the pressure on the League and clubs should we get this rubbish weather again next season.

Theres always a reason behind teams not being fixtured - as I’m sure you’re aware, we need to get games played as soon as possible so where we can get fixtures played, the Fix. Sec. will do his utmost to schedule them.

Madron are free to of played Perranwell (for example). That could have been a double header as they have not played each other yet. Also could have played Probus? We all appreciate the problems with refs, pitch availability but 5 teams having a weekend off in division 4 seems a bit crazy considering the backlog of games we've got. 

6 minutes ago, addick1 said:

Madron are free to of played Perranwell (for example). That could have been a double header as they have not played each other yet. Also could have played Probus? We all appreciate the problems with refs, pitch availability but 5 teams having a weekend off in division 4 seems a bit crazy considering the backlog of games we've got. 

There will be a reason for it, I’m sure. It’s not my part of ship (fixtures) so I keep out of all that stuff. 

If you look at The graph that Dave put up previously, there were only a few fixtures that could have been played due to pitch availability etc. Again, the issue lies with referees though. With quite a few games being postponed today already, refs may have been available though: regardless, the fixtures Secretary will know a lot more than I do.

10 minutes ago, addick1 said:

Just to wind you up more the Stithians Reserves game is now off.

12 minutes ago, Meinmyvan said:

Addick1, you can sort games out for yourself (as you say you can play teams you haven’t already this season) and not wait for someone to get the spoon out and feed you! 

Thanks for that but as I've said, i'm not an official of my club so, no, I can't sort games. 

Gwinear 4-3 Falmouth

Bottom of the table clash, must win for both teams. Pitch wasn’t great but definitely playable, it’s a rarity our pitch is a bowling green but it held out ok. 

We went 1-0 up with a great finish by our skipper gav. Great low cross from reave to set up gav who made no mistake from close range. 

Within 10 seconds Falmouth played a diagonal ball that caught us napping, they crossed it and scored an identical goal to us. Gutted!!!! 

H-T 1-1

We pressed well and billy took his chance well after a quality pass from Sam Charlton to put us 2-1 up. 

Not long after we went ahead billy played corri through who made no mistake to make it 3-1. 

Another 1 on 1 with billy who slotted it in very well. 4-1. We thought the game was won. 

Falmouth went through and tommy Richards and Sam Charlton both put in last ditch tackles which resulted in new signing tommy having to go off which was a massive blow to us as tommy was quality all game. 

Falmouth battled back very well. Made it 4-2, and were on top. They then scored again to make it 4-3. Defensive errors cost us. 

As a team we battled for each other and ground out the result which at one point I thought was game over. 

The result was fair, we were on top 80% of the game and got the much needed points. Every single player put in a shift to be proud off. Was a quality game to watch for the neutral. 

MOM Sam Charlton. Was a different class from the first minute to the last, showed his quality. Another mention to tommy for his debut for us, quality signing. 

Great result for us. A couple tough games coming up and we can’t wait.

1 hour ago, DRichards said:

Gwinear 4-3 Falmouth

Bottom of the table clash, must win for both teams. Pitch wasn’t great but definitely playable, it’s a rarity our pitch is a bowling green but it held out ok. 

We went 1-0 up with a great finish by our skipper gav. Great low cross from reave to set up gav who made no mistake from close range. 

Within 10 seconds Falmouth played a diagonal ball that caught us napping, they crossed it and scored an identical goal to us. Gutted!!!! 

H-T 1-1

We pressed well and billy took his chance well after a quality pass from Sam Charlton to put us 2-1 up. 

Not long after we went ahead billy played corri through who made no mistake to make it 3-1. 

Another 1 on 1 with billy who slotted it in very well. 4-1. We thought the game was won. 

Falmouth went through and tommy Richards and Sam Charlton both put in last ditch tackles which resulted in new signing tommy having to go off which was a massive blow to us as tommy was quality all game. 

Falmouth battled back very well. Made it 4-2, and were on top. They then scored again to make it 4-3. Defensive errors cost us. 

As a team we battled for each other and ground out the result which at one point I thought was game over. 

The result was fair, we were on top 80% of the game and got the much needed points. Every single player put in a shift to be proud off. Was a quality game to watch for the neutral. 

MOM Sam Charlton. Was a different class from the first minute to the last, showed his quality. Another mention to tommy for his debut for us, quality signing. 

Great result for us. A couple tough games coming up and we can’t wait.

Thought Sam Charlton was playing for Illogan?