Cornwall Football Forum

Tavistock 0 Falmouth Town 1

Brilliant result at the home of the champions. Two good results in two seasons at Tavistock.

If this was a dress rehearsal for the cup final I feel the scoreline will be different as Falmouth used their luck in this one with 100% Cornish's favourite goalkeeper Ryan Barnes the hero once again.

Not taking anything away from the performance tonight though.

Tavi were just about shading this game until Lewis Daw went off injured. Falmouth had numerous chances early in the 2nd half but their leading scorer, Jordan Annear had also gone off with an injury. The Tavi pen was slightly against the run of play but the save, subsequent break and Falmouth goal always seemed like it would be deciding. A cracking game for the neutral and credit to both sides. 

15 hours ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

Penryn always produces good players.

David don't you think it is about time you let this Penryn thing go,  the club decided to pull out of Peninsula West and a few of their better players decided they wanted to play in as high a standard as they possibly could as well as be able to do so at another local club. All credit to these players for doing so. It would of been so easy for them to have dropped down and play with their mates, as far too many players do in Cornwall.

I think Westy and these lads deserve immense credit for what they have achieved so far this season and long may it continue. So to all these FALMOUTH TOWN players and Westy - well done lads and keep up the good work playing in as high a standard as you can, enjoy it as your playing days are all too short.

On 13/03/2018 at 22:20, Mike Odgers said:

First league defeat at Langsford Park for Tavistock this season.

County Youth player Jack Webber with his debut goal for Falmouth.

A big turn around from losing 0-7 to The Lambs on the opening day of the season.

A couple of supprters I spoke to got home to Falmouth at midnight.

Falmouth with a full squad all committed to the cause arrived home at 12-30am and according to Westy it will be even later when they travel to Cullompton

1 minute ago, Mike Odgers said:

A couple of supprters I spoke to got home to Falmouth at midnight.

Falmouth with a full squad all committed to the cause arrived home at 12-30pm and according to Westy it will be even later when they travel to Cullompton

These long distance matches should never be arranged for midweek.

3 hours ago, Denty01 said:

David don't you think it is about time you let this Penryn thing go,  the club decided to pull out of Peninsula West and a few of their better players decided they wanted to play in as high a standard as they possibly could as well as be able to do so at another local club. All credit to these players for doing so. It would of been so easy for them to have dropped down and play with their mates, as far too many players do in Cornwall.

I think Westy and these lads deserve immense credit for what they have achieved so far this season and long may it continue. So to all these FALMOUTH TOWN players and Westy - well done lads and keep up the good work playing in as high a standard as you can, enjoy it as your playing days are all too short.

Agree with everything Denty01 said there. Falmouth have given these local lads a chance to play at a higher level and they have had the guts to step up and be a success so far. This must be one of the most successful Falmouth teams ever that have not had any Plymouth area based players in its make-up.

Westy and his management team have obviously nurtured a great team spirit where everyone wants to play including a long midweek trip over the border in the middle of winter!

Up the Town!

Well, well, look what the storm stirred up from the seabed - an old relic (!)

See how much better you became after a few seasons at Penryn, we have the knack of doing that.

I, and no-one from Penryn have any animosity towards these players at all, and the best of luck to theml, they served Penryn longer than we ever hoped for.

But ....when that many move from one club to another, well, that's fair game for me, it's good to see Falmouth doing well after many years in the wilderness, it just took 75% of the team from Penryn to do it !!!!!

But that's life .....best of luck to Penfal from me....Hope you are well John - PS... who's David (?)

7 hours ago, Rayvon said:

I'm afraid David's remote control is stuck in repeat mode :thumbsup:

What - get back onto your own forum before the tide goes out and you're stuck in Penryn river.