Cornwall Football Forum

LWC Drinks Cornwall Combination League results and table - Saturday/Sunday 10/11th March 2018

Results
Saturday 10th March 2018 
Goonhavern Athletic p-p Carharrack 
Hayle (Cameron Irish 2) 2-0 Pendeen Rovers 
Att - 38
Helston Athletic Reserves p-p Redruth United 
Holman SC p-p West Cornwall 
Perranwell p-p Perranporth 
St Agnes p-p Porthleven Reserves 
St Ives Town (Charlie Boon) 1-0 RNAS Culdrose 
Att - 25

Supplementary Cup
Preliminary Round
Illogan RBL Reserves p-p Mullion

Sunday 11th March 2018 
League Cup s-f
Falmouth Town Reserves (Andy Westgarth) 1-2 St Day (Gavin Boon, Joe Crossman) 
Att - 138

Table @ 5pm 10/3/18

POS TEAM PL W D L F A GD PTS
1 PERRANPORTH 23 18 4 1 91 21 70 60*
2 FALMOUTH TOWN 20 16 2 2 79 26 53 50
3 ST DAY 22 16 2 4 72 29 43 50
4 CARHARRACK 17 14 1 2 86 25 61 43
5 PERRANWELL 20 14 1 5 57 25 32 43
6 HELSTON ATHLETIC 23 13 2 8 62 43 19 41
7 ST JUST 23 10 7 6 52 48 4 37
8 ST IVES TOWN 22 11 3 8 39 38 1 36
9 PENDEEN ROVERS 22 10 5 7 58 39 19 35
10 PORTHLEVEN 23 10 2 11 64 56 8 32
11 HAYLE 22 9 3 10 44 48 -4 30
12 ST AGNES 21 8 1 12 40 55 -15 25
13 MULLION 26 7 4 15 45 70 -25 25
14 PENRYN ATHLETIC 22 5 7 10 36 57 -21 22
15 WEST CORNWALL 21 7 1 13 37 63 -26 22
16 GOONHAVERN ATHLETIC 22 7 1 14 31 68 -37 22
17 ILLOGAN RBL 23 7 5 11 37 49 -12 19*
18 REDRUTH UNITED 23 2 3 18 17 88 -71 9
19 RNAS CULDROSE 18 2 2 14 16 60 -44 8
20 HOLMAN SC 18 2 0 16 29 84 -55 6

13 hours ago, Alf said:

Postponed after one day of rain.

Sorry pal , by all means if you can dry it out fork it & somehow mark it this morning I will let our groundsmen know you are on your way ! After all Holmans can’t wait to play 20 odd games at three per week like everyone else although we would like a fu—ing pitch to do it on ?glad I don’t get wound up anymore ??

2 hours ago, MARKSY said:

Sorry pal , by all means if you can dry it out fork it & somehow mark it this morning I will let our groundsmen know you are on your way ! After all Holmans can’t wait to play 20 odd games at three per week like everyone else although we would like a fu—ing pitch to do it on ?glad I don’t get wound up anymore ??

Didn't think you could postpone until the morning by an official

7 hours ago, Alf said:

Didn't think you could postpone until the morning by an official

Well I’m under that impression as well however over the last two months plus we really have struggled to stop the pitch from holding water even with a few dry days this week Thursday & yesterday put us back to square one . So to allow our opponents time to make different arrangements (shopping with the misses)& Paul Murphy the chance to maybe use our Ref elsewhere we thought we would do the decent thing & let everyone know that even though Saturday afternoon was meant to be dry we knew it would not mean the pitch would be playable or safe for a refs decision or a players leg. ?

You are more than welcome as stated in previous post to pm me though & I can happily arrange for you to spend the week forking the pitch etc . And Saturday if you’ve worked hard enough I will ask the groundsman if you can do the penalty spots. ??

Regarding the semi final tomorrow , I can’t believe Penryn let their seconds play on the pitch today after all the rain we had yesterday ? Now it’s cut up and rain forecast tomorrow morning it doesn’t look good . Why would you put your club up as a venue then ruin the pitch ? 

1 hour ago, MARKSY said:

Well I’m under that impression as well however over the last two months plus we really have struggled to stop the pitch from holding water even with a few dry days this week Thursday & yesterday put us back to square one . So to allow our opponents time to make different arrangements (shopping with the misses)& Paul Murphy the chance to maybe use our Ref elsewhere we thought we would do the decent thing & let everyone know that even though Saturday afternoon was meant to be dry we knew it would not mean the pitch would be playable or safe for a refs decision or a players leg. ?

You are more than welcome as stated in previous post to pm me though & I can happily arrange for you to spend the week forking the pitch etc . And Saturday if you’ve worked hard enough I will ask the groundsman if you can do the penalty spots. ??

My point is doesn't a ref need to call it off?

1 hour ago, United51 said:

Regarding the semi final tomorrow , I can’t believe Penryn let their seconds play on the pitch today after all the rain we had yesterday ? Now it’s cut up and rain forecast tomorrow morning it doesn’t look good . Why would you put your club up as a venue then ruin the pitch ? 

Very surprised the league let it happen

1 hour ago, United51 said:

ANY CLUB 2nd team will always take priority over another clubs 2nd team on their own pitch #headscratchmoment #nobrainer

Hayle 2-0 Pendeen , 1-0 h/t  Carmeron Irish brace ,  two well taken goals , over 90 minutes the home team deserved the points . I think Pendeen looked a big rusty after not playing very much lately due to the weather . First half Hayle shaded it  second half was a battle but Hayle defended well against a good Pendeen side and secured the win with a late strike, the ref  had a good game and tried to let the teams play football a couple of bookings but generally a good physical game , Pendeens skipper had a very good game at centre half with not much getting past him  and he pushed his side the whole game . For Hayle Cam was sharp and young Charlie has come on leaps and bounds this season and Ben Williams has been a great asset with his talking and  positioning of the defence , good game , good win good weather what more could you wish for ? 

On 10/03/2018 at 09:54, MARKSY said:

So did an official call it off?

My personal opinion of the game, Sunday.

First half, St Day were the more attacking side creating more chances. Falmouth only threatened from set pieces. The second half, Falmouth had to come out and for a while were the more attacking side but well disciplined. Scored but never sat back. St Day players played with more emotion but their attacks didn't seem to be organised and they would have to score from individual efforts. As conditions got worse in a way it became a leveller especially after St Day got their first. Poor finishing by Falmouth and a bit of showboating by the St Day keeper kept them out whilst a just before the end a touch of individual skill got St Day's second. An easy save for the St Day keeper from a softly taken penalty in the first half might have made the difference but there again St Day had the ball in the net, classed as off-side, 30 seconds before the end of the first half. Thanks to both sets of players for giving us a decent game in such terrible conditions. Thank you to Penryn for the use of your facilities and hope you can get your pitch back together.

52 minutes ago, cornishteddyboy said:

First half, St Day were the more attacking side creating more chances. Falmouth only threatened from set pieces. The second half, Falmouth had to come out and for a while were the more attacking side but well disciplined. Scored but never sat back. St Day players played with more emotion but their attacks didn't seem to be organised and they would have to score from individual efforts. As conditions got worse in a way it became a leveller especially after St Day got their first. Poor finishing by Falmouth and a bit of showboating by the St Day keeper kept them out whilst a just before the end a touch of individual skill got St Day's second. An easy save for the St Day keeper from a softly taken penalty in the first half might have made the difference but there again St Day had the ball in the net, classed as off-side, 30 seconds before the end of the first half. Thanks to both sets of players for giving us a decent game in such terrible conditions. Thank you to Penryn for the use of your facilities and hope you can get your pitch back together.

You make it sound like st.day were lucky. St.day could have gone 2 up first half if it wasn't for one poor finish and one very good save from a very good Falmouth keeper.

57 minutes ago, Alf said:

You make it sound like st.day were lucky. St.day could have gone 2 up first half if it wasn't for one poor finish and one very good save from a very good Falmouth keeper.

CTB reporting from a neutral POV not a St Day POV

On 12/03/2018 at 12:03, cornishteddyboy said:

Could you enlighten me on the showboating.... didn’t think it was a day for show boating more getting through to a final but if you think that is show boating wait to the final ???? but have you seen the pictures......