Cornwall Football Forum

How on earth can Porthleven justify charging £4 entry for the cup final for a league which only charges £2 for games? i'd be slightly less aggrieved is they had a lovely clubhouse to go into and watch some pre match football on Sky / BT but i'd be surprised if they had freeview in their clubhouse let alone any of that!?

41 minutes ago, Sijames said:

How on earth can Porthleven justify charging £4 entry for the cup final for a league which only charges £2 for games? i'd be slightly less aggrieved is they had a lovely clubhouse to go into and watch some pre match football on Sky / BT but i'd be surprised if they had freeview in their clubhouse let alone any of that!?

The FA Cup Final is probably more expensive than earlier rounds!

Just now, Dave Deacon said:

The FA Cup Final is probably more expensive than earlier rounds!

dont be daft, what are Porthlevens out goings as opposed to Wembley?! even at the STANDARD rate of £2 they'd cover this, seems a starnage venue for a final anyway in my eyes i'd much preferred to see somewhere different such as ST Agnes / Helston Maybe? Wendron?

1 hour ago, Sijames said:

Simple !! Don't go and save your £4 your Choice .

Must agree, I never mind chucking a few quid into the local game. Entrance, programme, always up for a pasty or mars bar with a cup tea.  ?. Think Combo is worth a few quid, especially a final and SWL a fiver to be honest. Even Truro at £13! Always spend £20 after a visit to Treyew Road! I do get a bit aggrieved to watch Argyle or Exeter for the best part of £25 a time for a ticket alone and especially Premier league at £50+. I watched a championship game just before Christmas and it cost me £40!! I’ve watched La Liga, Bundesliga, League 1 in France, and Ajax several times and it’s cheaper than Argyle and Exeter most of the time!! I even watched a Cypriot Premier league game last year and that was only £15, Celtic v Rangers was only £30!!! Going on a bit but my point is I’d rather give my money to local teams than get ripped off by the pro clubs to be honest ?⚽️

1 hour ago, Sijames said:

dont be daft, what are Porthlevens out goings as opposed to Wembley?! even at the STANDARD rate of £2 they'd cover this, seems a starnage venue for a final anyway in my eyes i'd much preferred to see somewhere different such as ST Agnes / Helston Maybe? Wendron?

The response was directly relating to your "How on earth can Porthleven justify charging £4 entry for the cup final for a league which only charges £2 for games?"

Another thing I've just thought of - three officials to pay for, whereas for a league or earlier round cup game it would be club linos.

49 minutes ago, Dave Deacon said:

The response was directly relating to your "How on earth can Porthleven justify charging £4 entry for the cup final for a league which only charges £2 for games?"

Another thing I've just thought of - three officials to pay for, whereas for a league or earlier round cup game it would be club linos.

Only expenses though.

And its the league not Porthleven who charge for final.

4 hours ago, Sijames said:

Wendron don't have a team in the league so how could they host the league cup final?

I must have missed the posting saying the final this year is to be played at Porthleven. 

Don't understand why there is a fuss at the price of a final.

Even the Trelawny League charged admission fees at finals, although no money going their way this year!

If you want to watch the game you will pay the entrance fee. Having been involved at Porthleven, I can guarantee that, even without the biggest clubhouse, they will do the 2 finalists & the Combination League proud with their organisation of everything required to make it a good day for all involved. As for supporters, on a nice day, no better place to watch a game of football.

9 hours ago, Sijames said:

Once again you have put your foot in it and spouted off before finding out the facts.

It is the League that tell Porthleven what to charge on the gate and the club receives NOTHING from the gate money apart from £40 (as do any clubs staging a semi-final) if they can show legitimate expense via receipts presented to the league. It is only once in a blue moon that clubs do invoice the League as they are proud to hold the semi' and final.

After expenses (trophies, medals, plaques, repairs to cups, etc) the revenue from the final is divided by three and equally shared by the two finalists and league. The cheques are presented at the AGM. 

Of course they are. Bar revenue provided every year by kind generosity of the same Chairman of the League who used to be secretary of Porthleven, now presiding over meetings attended only by his mates. In return, Illogan, Helston and Penryn  will occasionally obtain benefit too. Look at the stats on where the cup final gets played since he  came into post and tell me that all clubs are equal ! Why not simply call it the Vidal James League Cup and have done with it ? I'm so relieved not to have to engage any more with the dreary nepotism of inferior administration that befogs this league. No wonder the FA are trying to merge it with the junior teams below. No change agents in good old Kernow but the Grim Reaper, I'm afraid.