DIVISION 4

Constantine Reserves 0-7 Mousehole 3rds

Goonhavern Athletic 3rds 2-7 Penzance Reserves

Hayle 3rds 0-5 Perranwell Reserves

Lizard Argyle Reserves 2-1 Troon AFC Reserves

Praze-an-Beeble 3-0 Probus Reserves

Stithians Reserves 2-1 Madron      

Frogpool Reserves 4-0 St Agnes 3rds.

Goals from Jack Froud x2, Aaron Coveney and Sam Bromley from the penalty spot.

Well officiated as always by Michael Carter.

Thanks to Aggie for letting us play at Penryn. All the best for the rest of the season!

man of the match: Sam Bromley who dictated much of the play from the start.

Thats 14 from 14 in all competitions for us now this season, and 12 from 12 in the league. 

St Erme 1-2 St Just Seconds (HT0-1)

St Just played up hill first half and went in 1-0 up, despite St Erme dominating. 3 mins in to the second half a great strike from the edge of the box made it 1-1. Both teams battled well however St Just won a very very late penalty after a tired legs tackle in the box. Tony Angwin scoring what can only be described as a terrible penalty kick.

A draw would've been a more than fair result, feels like daylight robbery for us! Thanks to St Erme for the hospitality. Really well reffed in my opinion, let the game flow and rightly used the sin bin on one of our players late on.

famouth dc 1 mariners 1.firstly thanks to dc for allowing our ref graham stephens to do the game in which i thought had a good game.quite a scrappy game very frustrating for mariners point of view after taking the lead with a stuart lugg penalty only to be pinned back with a tap in goal to finish all square,all in all a draw was a fair result.thanks for the food after.see you back ours

Hayle III vs Perranwell II

5-0 to perranwell. 

Well reffed by Paul birch, think the perranwell keeper only had to make 2 saves all game.

Chances created by perranwell but only 5-0 converted.

Only dampener on the game was the Number 17, shouting to the referee “if he catches me late again ref I’m gonna’ f**king boot him”

which then followed with a punch off the ball to the face of the perranwell striker. Disgusting to see and unfortunately the referee didn’t see it. 

Other wise a good game in good spirits

2 hours ago, Simon2389 said:

Goonhavern 3rds 2-7 Penzance Reserves 

Pz goals from Luke Carroll x2, Pasha Wilson, Josh Richards, Alex Collier, Morgan Kewn and Macaulay Fellows 

Mistake on full time says we lost 7-2 needs changing 

Strange wind up Boscawan. One minute blowing warm the next freezing. 9 adults watching the game. An under-performing Penzance lead 3-0 at half-time scoring in the 32nd, 33rd and 43rd minutes. All cross goal, right to left. The second goal by Alex Collier was for 40yds out on the side-line. 4-0 after 53 mins was a 25yd free-kick that went through the wall and keepers hands. 0n 55, Goonhavern get their first with a through ball and tap round the keeper, then 5 mins later their second a relaly great volley on the turn. 

82 gone, 2-5, cross goal from a run on, 86 mins 2-6, a penalty for Pz and for the life of me and most of us there we don't know what for, the last goal on 89 mins a bullet header from a corner on the right..

As I say, Penzance got the result but didn't start playing properly until the last 20mins.

There were three youngsters for Goonhavern who played really well but their main problem a lot of their players were a bit large and relied on bulk to get through the game and tackles. They also had a habit of passing, slowing down before looking up to try and pass the ball on. By then they were closed down and also it spoiled the flow of their game. 

Good luck Goonhavern in your remaining fixtures.

Gwinear 3 - 4 Goonhavern

1 minute in, after my teamtalk being keeping it tight, we concede within a minute. Awful goal. Whole team weren’t switched on. Shocker. After we concede we actually start our game plan and it worked. Our middle 3 playing the diagonal pass and it created a lot of chances. The equalizer came from the diagonal pass from puppy to billy where he slotted it in. We carried on, on the front foot where we kept creating chances. Billy could have scored a couple more, Ben also having chances, but didn’t capitalize. 40 mins goonhavern score a good finish against the run of play just before half time, another soft goal. 

H-T 1-2

Second half kicks off, again said keep it tight. Referee gives a soft penalty to goonhavern that they put away. 3-1!!!! Not ideal ??‍♂️

Then there’s meant to be a drop ball where they kicked it forward and scored from. We argued the fact that it was mena be kicked back. Bad sportsmanship in my opinion. At first ref allows but after the disagreement from my boys. Ref disallows. Restarts play still 3-1. 

2 minutes later we win a penalty. Jack Elliot steps up to make it 3-2. Again we’re on top for a long time. Against run of play goonhavern score a rebound to make 4-2. Absolutely gutted. Another soft goal on our part. We really need to cut the soft goals out. 

We carry on pushing to get something and our skipper Gavin Russell scores to make it 4-3. Deserved goal. 

We carry on pushing on to get equalizer but didn’t come. 

Very proud and happy with my boys today. 10 times better than our last outing. A lot of positives out of the game. I rarely come of a pitch losing but happy. I obviously sound biased but I believe we deserved something today. We move onto the next game. 

Goonhavern keeper MOM- that shows how much we’ve moved on from our last match. Hats off to the boys.

Thanks to goonhavern for the battle and good luck for the season. 

Gwinear MOM Gavin Russell. Skippers performance. 

•  

2 hours ago, DRichards said:

Gwinear 3 - 4 Goonhavern

1 minute in, after my teamtalk being keeping it tight, we concede within a minute. Awful goal. Whole team weren’t switched on. Shocker. After we concede we actually start our game plan and it worked. Our middle 3 playing the diagonal pass and it created a lot of chances. The equalizer came from the diagonal pass from puppy to billy where he slotted it in. We carried on, on the front foot where we kept creating chances. Billy could have scored a couple more, Ben also having chances, but didn’t capitalize. 40 mins goonhavern score a good finish against the run of play just before half time, another soft goal. 

H-T 1-2

Second half kicks off, again said keep it tight. Referee gives a soft penalty to goonhavern that they put away. 3-1!!!! Not ideal ??‍♂️

Then there’s meant to be a drop ball where they kicked it forward and scored from. We argued the fact that it was mena be kicked back. Bad sportsmanship in my opinion. At first ref allows but after the disagreement from my boys. Ref disallows. Restarts play still 3-1. 

2 minutes later we win a penalty. Jack Elliot steps up to make it 3-2. Again we’re on top for a long time. Against run of play goonhavern score a rebound to make 4-2. Absolutely gutted. Another soft goal on our part. We really need to cut the soft goals out. 

We carry on pushing to get something and our skipper Gavin Russell scores to make it 4-3. Deserved goal. 

We carry on pushing on to get equalizer but didn’t come. 

Very proud and happy with my boys today. 10 times better than our last outing. A lot of positives out of the game. I rarely come of a pitch losing but happy. I obviously sound biased but I believe we deserved something today. We move onto the next game. 

Goonhavern keeper MOM- that shows how much we’ve moved on from our last match. Hats off to the boys.

Thanks to goonhavern for the battle and good luck for the season. 

Gwinear MOM Gavin Russell. Skippers performance. 

•  

Only problem i have with this as unsportmanship as it was the goal should of stood as know rule against it and ref shouldn't be disallowing it as no rule break. But agree was unsportmanship

1 hour ago, Sijames said:

You can't score directly from a drop ball, the referee should of awarded a goal kick in this instance! who was the referee? 

Totally correct if nobody else touched it.

If a dropped ball enters the goal without touching at least two players play is restarted with:

• a goal kick if it enters the opponents’ goal
  • a corner kick if it enters the team’s goal

Just to add some balance into the biased report written by Gwinear. I was the player that was allegedly "unsporting".....now i'll explain exactly what happened and then you can make your own minds up.

The ref blew his whistle for a head injury as the ball was in mid air (no team was in possession) referee awarded a drop ball. it had already been said by a number of Gwinear players that they had no intention of returning the ball back to us (quite rightly so) so in my mind it would be a 50/50 for possession from the drop ball. The ball was dropped and three of the Gwinear players simply stood around and watched the ball. I took possession of the ball, dribbled it into the box, squared a pass and a goal was scored.

The referee awarded the goal and then after mass pressure from the Gwinear players and sidelines (which was a trait in the game resulting in at least one member of the coaching team being sent away by the ref) bizarrely awarded a free kick to Gwinear. in essence he had changed his mind that it wasn't a drop ball, it was a free kick originally. This was a poor decision in my opinion but the decision was accepted.

One thing I am not is unsporting, I play the game fairly. Ultimately the referee made the decision to award a drop ball which was the correct decision in the circumstances. No team was willing to concede possession to one another so the drop ball should have been contested fairly. I have no idea why the Gwinear players were just standing around, the ref had made his decision clear, how I can be accused of being unsporting in these circumstances is beyond me.

With all that said, Gwinear put up a really good fight, missed a host of chances and could quite rightly feel aggrieved they came away from the game with nothing. They played some good football and are clearly a much changed side from the one we played earlier in the season. I would also agree that MOM was Tim our Keeper, he had a blinder.

Good luck to them for the rest of the season.

Steve

It appears that there was a bit of pressure on the referee here - that would have definitely played a part in any confusion. 

Any number of players from either team can contest a dropped ball. You can't score directly from one; it must have touched a minimum of two players before a goal can be awarded. Otherwise, it would be a goal kick or a corner ball.

If you are in a position where you have to "trust" the opponent's to be sporting, set your team up where you can defend a situation if the scenario doesn't go to plan - don't just stop and watch. 

I had a situation like that at the beginning of the season - a team kicked the ball out due to injury to an opposition player. The visitors expected the opposition to throw the ball back - they did so, however a player was unaware of what was happening and he went on to score. The visiting team had stopped in their tracks. Lesson learnt. It must also be added that on this occasion, the home team allowed the visitors to run with the ball from.kick off and score. Personally, I thought that was a great touch, one that they needn't do - especially considering they were winning at the time.

4 hours ago, Sijames said:

If this was the case, and you 'squared' the ball for someone else to score the goal should of stood. Mr Porterfield made a bit of a boo boo here by the looks of things!

with the ref shortage and your vast knowledge get the black shirt and whistl ready and take to the field. so grant made an error how many times do players f**k up on the pitch? yet 1 error by the ref and your naming and "shaming" him. i have done a game recently and I will not be heading to ref them again any time soon due to the attitude of the club. you forget the ref has a split second to remember everything and we are not premier league refs and very often the assist refs on the line are awful had he had a qualified assist ref on the line he would have corrected it.

St Day 3rds 1 Probus 1

We knew that yesterday was going to be a difficult game against a very good St Day team. At 1pm we had 12 players available but by the time kick off came we had 10! In the 10 were our 50 year old manager Tony Penrose (playing his first league game all season and starting his first game for a few years) and 2 sixteen year olds from the second team - Ben Emmett and Jack Truscott, starting their first games ever for the first team! we started ok in our 4, 4, 1 formation but St Day took the lead when a good cross was converted from 2 yards by the left winger. I had a header that dribbled onto the post from a Tony Penrose free kick before we equalised in bizarre circumstances when the St Day keepers drop kick hit his own centre half on the back and Jack Truscott tapped home from 12 yards out into the empty net. We played for 10 minutes with 9 men when Sean Johnstone was sin binned.

The second half was fairly even and neither keeper had too much to do. We ended the game with 9 men when Tony Penrose was sin binned for decent and the last chance came from a corner for St Day that was easily gathered by Billy Holland in the Probus goal.

All in all a point feels a good result for us which we would have taken at the start. The 10 players who turned out yesterday all put in a great effort - we need 16 of us to do that next week. Hopefully we have a few more back at home against Falmouth Town 3rds on Saturday after lots of people were working, moving house or injured yesterday! Thanks to St Day for the food afterwards.

2 hours ago, B_D said:

It appears that there was a bit of pressure on the referee here - that would have definitely played a part in any confusion. 

Any number of players from either team can contest a dropped ball. You can't score directly from one; it must have touched a minimum of two players before a goal can be awarded. Otherwise, it would be a goal kick or a corner ball.

If you are in a position where you have to "trust" the opponent's to be sporting, set your team up where you can defend a situation if the scenario doesn't go to plan - don't just stop and watch. 

I had a situation like that at the beginning of the season - a team kicked the ball out due to injury to an opposition player. The visitors expected the opposition to throw the ball back - they did so, however a player was unaware of what was happening and he went on to score. The visiting team had stopped in their tracks. Lesson learnt. It must also be added that on this occasion, the home team allowed the visitors to run with the ball from.kick off and score. Personally, I thought that was a great touch, one that they needn't do - especially considering they were winning at the time.

Can't disagree with anything you have said here, the only thing I would point out is the example you gave referred to an injury and then the ball being kicked out. It is important to note that in this instance the ball was mid air when the ref blew, so no team was in possession, hence the drop ball. Both teams refused to concede possession from the drop ball yet Gwinear simply stood off. They couldn't have believed the referee had given them a free kick as I was stood next to the ref who was holding the ball with their player when he dropped it! It was a bizarre turn of events.

1 hour ago, Mr Bean said:

with the ref shortage and your vast knowledge get the black shirt and whistl ready and take to the field. so grant made an error how many times do players f**k up on the pitch? yet 1 error by the ref and your naming and "shaming" him. i have done a game recently and I will not be heading to ref them again any time soon due to the attitude of the club. you forget the ref has a split second to remember everything and we are not premier league refs and very often the assist refs on the line are awful had he had a qualified assist ref on the line he would have corrected it.

This doesn't just stand on the ref. The players should know these rules. If the ref felt pressured we now have the sin bin. Put the players in it. The ref made the right call first. But was pressured in to changing his decision. No blame on ref here just needed to be stronger. I blame the players for switching off and letting a player dribble through. Then should of been booked or put in sin bin for their actions afterwords

West Cornwall Res 1

Carharrack Res 0

Fairly tight game with both teams creating opportunities. Deadlock was broken after about 75 minutes after a good bit of work from Rolandas Sumnauskas on the edge of the box ended in the ball being drilled into the roof of the net.

Carharrack had there chances. Will  Harvey and Alec Penrose were working well together but couldn't unlock the West Cornwall defense. Michael Vicary at centre half for WCFC turned in a man of the match performance and West Cornwall earned their 2nd 1-0 win in as many weeks.

Game was well officiated by Dan Inch as no ref was appointed to our game. Thanks Dan!! 

Carharrack are definitely not a bottom of the table side for me, so this is your warning div 3 i fully expect them to rise up the league in the coming months! 

7 hours ago, Chappers said:

Just to add some balance into the biased report written by Gwinear. I was the player that was allegedly "unsporting".....now i'll explain exactly what happened and then you can make your own minds up.

The ref blew his whistle for a head injury as the ball was in mid air (no team was in possession) referee awarded a drop ball. it had already been said by a number of Gwinear players that they had no intention of returning the ball back to us (quite rightly so) so in my mind it would be a 50/50 for possession from the drop ball. The ball was dropped and three of the Gwinear players simply stood around and watched the ball. I took possession of the ball, dribbled it into the box, squared a pass and a goal was scored.

The referee awarded the goal and then after mass pressure from the Gwinear players and sidelines (which was a trait in the game resulting in at least one member of the coaching team being sent away by the ref) bizarrely awarded a free kick to Gwinear. in essence he had changed his mind that it wasn't a drop ball, it was a free kick originally. This was a poor decision in my opinion but the decision was accepted.

One thing I am not is unsporting, I play the game fairly. Ultimately the referee made the decision to award a drop ball which was the correct decision in the circumstances. No team was willing to concede possession to one another so the drop ball should have been contested fairly. I have no idea why the Gwinear players were just standing around, the ref had made his decision clear, how I can be accused of being unsporting in these circumstances is beyond me.

With all that said, Gwinear put up a really good fight, missed a host of chances and could quite rightly feel aggrieved they came away from the game with nothing. They played some good football and are clearly a much changed side from the one we played earlier in the season. I would also agree that MOM was Tim our Keeper, he had a blinder.

Good luck to them for the rest of the season.

Steve

Was it not unsporting behaviour on your behalf as soon as you knew it wasn’t contested??

1 minute ago, St Darren said:

The drop ball

Why is that unsporting? should a drop ball not be contested anymore? You think I should have just stood there and waited for the penny to drop and give possession away? Perhaps it would have been more sportsman like for me to have reminded the Gwinear lads what a drop ball was. I'm assuming you weren't there but if you have a crowd of players around the ref and he says its a drop ball, and then drops the ball, there really cannot be any confusion in my mind that it is a DROP BALL!!!!

26 minutes ago, Chappers said:

Why is that unsporting? should a drop ball not be contested anymore? You think I should have just stood there and waited for the penny to drop and give possession away? Perhaps it would have been more sportsman like for me to have reminded the Gwinear lads what a drop ball was. I'm assuming you weren't there but if you have a crowd of players around the ref and he says its a drop ball, and then drops the ball, there really cannot be any confusion in my mind that it is a DROP BALL!!!!

I agree with you. I hate an uncontested drop ball but when it’s not contested surely it’s clear that they think you’re giving the ball back but to go on and set up a goal then in my opinion that is unsporting. However, that doesn’t excuse the fact that the referee disallowed the goal! Maybe should have let the other team go up the other end and score

4 minutes ago, St Darren said:

I agree with you. I hate an uncontested drop ball but when it’s not contested surely it’s clear that they think you’re giving the ball back but to go on and set up a goal then in my opinion that is unsporting. However, that doesn’t excuse the fact that the referee disallowed the goal! Maybe should have let the other team go up the other end and score

Two of their players (no 9 and another) told me and our lads they were not playing it back and we said likewise. There was no confusion. As a side, I don't criticise them for that decision as no-one was in possession prior to the stoppage so in my mind (and theirs) it should have been a 50/50. 

6 hours ago, Mr Bean said:

Ah another well mannered, mature and completely unbiased view from an official. I dread to think what language you use with your close friends if you're willing to use that on a public forum with hundreds of viewers, I am in two minds if I should report you to the CCFA or further Mr Dave rowe! :SM_carton:

Mawnan 4-1 stithians 

mawnan trailing 1-0 until the introduction of Daniel knowles who assisted the first three goals before firing in the fourth from 48 yards after controlling the ball on the back of his neck and flicking it on to his weaker left foot and unleashing a venomous strike which left the keeper rooted to the spot