Ludgvan    0,   Liskeard Athletic   3

Millbrook    7,   St Dennis   0

St.Blazey    3,    Wadebridge Town   2

Wendron United    1,   Plymouth Marjon   1

WALTER C PARSON FUNERAL DIRECTORS CUP QUARTER FINAL

Falmouth Town    2,    Torpoint Athletic  1

DEVON PREMIER CUP QUARTER FINAL

Newton Abbot Spurs    1,    Bovey Tracey   2

Watched the NEWQUAY VS TAVISTOCK this afternoon and i thought Newquay played well not much as a attacking force but a good defence performance but went 1-0 down right on half time when Zac Roberts  let a shot through his hands and Tavis Shanley had a tap in even Smokie could of scored it .The 2nd half Newquay still played well but Tavi had all there big players on the bench Jack Crago .Josh Grant ,Dave Hallet and Josh Oak . Tavi scored there 2nd goal with a fine cross goal shot by Burns that nestled in the far corner of Roberts  net .Tavi played some lovely football and  Josh Robbins has got to be the best attacking full back in the league and is my man of the match and for Newquay Cam TURNER for getting stuck but was lucky he didnt get a red for a nasty looking foul but he is a really good player ,thought if Jack Bray EVANS had played  Newquay may of got a result they didnt look like scoring in the match just 1 effort where they narrowly missed but Tavi hand the majority of the play even without there top players freezing on the Bench and it was nice chatting to Tavi goalie Josh Oak . See the G lost narrowly to Plymouth Argyle reserves when someone said they had lost 10 -0 i thought yes pull the other 1 but they did all have ther off days and this was certainly a off day and they got Tavi to play twice yet and then it will be the Tavi full team . Good luck to Tavi on Wednesday vs Plymouth Parkway 

n

My views on the Saltash game today.

It was the ashes first league game since November, but it didn't show.  They were absolutely ruthless in front of goal, and could have scored a lot more.  Obviously it helped when a Callington player got a straight red in the 25th minute, but we were already 4-0 up.   There were lot of protests from the Cally players and management, but Sam Hughes was hauled down 2m from the goal with a clear scoring opportunity, so really the ref didn't have a choice.  From then on, Callington's heads dropped and it was just a case of how many Saltash could score.  3 different player scored a hattrick (Richards 4, Hughes4 and Heveran 3). 

Don't get me wrong, I love seeing the Ashes scoring at will, but even with 10 players, no team should be losing by this scoreline.  With Argyle also getting into double figures, it just shows the difference between the top and bottom of the league.

So, been a long time since I posted a report, 7-0 home win last weekend, defeat mid week & a comfortable win at Sticker today & probably should of scored a couple or four more. Special mention to my second team Liskeard, cracking victory for them today against Ludgvan in the Swpl West, big push for them now to get back out of the Fish 'n' Chip league & back where they belong in the Premier. Good luck Liskeard. I'm sure St.Blazey & Millbrook will be on the scene also come May but Liskeard will hopefully return to where they belong. 

27 minutes ago, leedsunited said:

So, been a long time since I posted a report, 7-0 home win last weekend, defeat mid week & a comfortable win at Sticker today & probably should of scored a couple or four more. Special mention to my second team Liskeard, cracking victory for them today against Ludgvan in the Swpl West, big push for them now to get back out of the Fish 'n' Chip league & back where they belong in the Premier. Good luck Liskeard. I'm sure St.Blazey & Millbrook will be on the scene also come May but Liskeard will hopefully return to where they belong. 

Must’ve watched a different game to call it comfortable today! Must’ve been a different side you’d sent out last week as most of the lot I saw today aren’t good enough to lace up my boots and I’ve been retired 20 years now!

6 hours ago, TimmyRaa said:

My views on the Saltash game today.

It was the ashes first league game since November, but it didn't show.  They were absolutely ruthless in front of goal, and could have scored a lot more.  Obviously it helped when a Callington player got a straight red in the 25th minute, but we were already 4-0 up.   There were lot of protests from the Cally players and management, but Sam Hughes was hauled down 2m from the goal with a clear scoring opportunity, so really the ref didn't have a choice.  From then on, Callington's heads dropped and it was just a case of how many Saltash could score.  3 different player scored a hattrick (Richards 4, Hughes4 and Heveran 3). 

Don't get me wrong, I love seeing the Ashes scoring at will, but even with 10 players, no team should be losing by this scoreline.  With Argyle also getting into double figures, it just shows the difference between the top and bottom of the league.

I believe Callington didn't have a recognised keeper available for the game and short of players 

9 hours ago, SCFC said:

Must’ve watched a different game to call it comfortable today! Must’ve been a different side you’d sent out last week as most of the lot I saw today aren’t good enough to lace up my boots and I’ve been retired 20 years now!

What does that say for Sticker....bit disrespectful! :D

Was also at the Saltash game today and have to say they were extremely good.

Speaking with some Callington supporters, it seems that there GK pulled out at 2pm which never helps and not sure who played in goal but it certainly was not a GK who probably cost them 6-7 goals and combined with having a player sent off after 30 minutes, it was always going to be tough.

Saltash moved the ball very well and were clinical in front of goal and looked a team who deserve to be in the top 4.

Good luck to both teams for the rest of the season.

12 hours ago, SCFC said:

On any other day Bodmin would have hit seven or eight ..Don’t think Bodmin keeper had to make one noteworthy save all match..Hopefully some of our injured players will be back soon .

Saturday 24th February 2018

SALTASH UNITED v Callington Town(home)SWPLPremier Division

Saltash United line-up:Ryan Rickard,Paul Heveran,Callum Martindale,Chris Menhenick,Callum O'Brien,Toby Clark,

Henry Wilson,Sam Farrant,Sam Hughes,Ryan Richards,

Richard Maddison.

Subs used:Steve Sargison for Chris Menhenick(58 mins),

Dave Trott for Richard Maddison(58 mins),

Lewis Edwards for Henry Wilson(71 mins).

Unused subs:Sam Leary and Tom king.

Bookings:None

Result:Saltash United 12 Callington Town 0       

Scorers:Richards 4(4,10,15 & 54 mins),

Hughes 4(28,60,70 & 72 mins)Heveran 3(27,40pen & 74 mins)

Farrant(52 mins).

Referee:James Gould.

Attendance:65

Our first home league game of 2018 and what a result,in fact it could have been more than the 12.The Ashes had 2 great chances in the first 3 minutes to open the scoring but failed to do so.

On four minutes the floodgates opened when Sam Hughes set-up Ryan Richards for number 1.A four man move on ten minutes set up Richards for number 2 and five minutes later Richards had his hat-trick.With 27 minutes gone a move started by Richards and then to Hughes who played in Paul Heveran to make it 4-0.Just one minute later and a Richards cross was headed home at the far post by Hughes to make it 5-0.Five minutes to go to half-time and Hughes was upended in the penalty area and Heveran made no mistake to make it 6-0 at the break.

There was no let up by the Ashes after the break with Sam Farrant getting on the score sheet direct from a free-kick on 52 minutes.On 54 minutes a Chris Menhenick free-kick was saved by the keeper but he could not hold it and Richards scored on the follow up.On the hour mark Hughes made it 9-0 from a Farrant pass and two minutes after that Hughes got his hat-trick.In the next four minutes Hughes netted his 4th and this was followed by Heveran completing his hat-trick.