Cornwall Football Forum

Result 16/12

Crowntown/Crowan 4 Oxford Inn 3 h/t 1-2

Oxford took the lead after 3 minutes and quickly doubled it.Crowntown missed a penalty before pulling a goal back before half-time.

Crowntown substitute ran through to equalise 3 minutes into second hald but Oxford retook the lead soon after.A battling Crowntown scored two further goals to take the points.

Crowntown 4 The Oxford 3

we should have been out of sight by half time but once again failed to take our chances which cost us dear as Crowntown upped their game in the second half once Bill had gone off :clapper: and capitalised on some poor defending to take the points we still could have snatched a draw but saw a perfectely good goal disallowed for offside (think stevie wonder was running the line) and a shot cleared off the line in the last minute, a draw would probably been a fair result but well done to Crowntown winning their first game this season

Very nice to have the first win of the season. Crowntown are now unbeaten for... well ages. (Well since our last game, way back in November.)

Despite having little success this season, it was great to see that the boys kept battling even at 2-3 in the second half. A little worrying that they really started playing when veteran Billy went off after a bump on the head.

I think that it's fair to say that Oxford weren't happy bunnies. To say that a player wasn't offside, when the writer was in the other half of the pitch is not terribly helpful. The lino explained it clearly to the ref and the player in question, eventually agreed.

While we're there, the third goal that Oxford scored appeared to me to be clearly offside, but, as our linesman wasn't up with play and the ref seemed happy, certainly wasn't going to whinge about it. (As I said, Oxford, weren't happy bunnies!)

As always, Nigel Jewell was an excellent official.

Yeah never happy at losing to teams that we should be beating, but some of our players went missing second half and needed a bollocking, and considering I set up the goal that was ruled offside and I was on the edge of your penalty area, think I was in a good position to see it, but your lino looked like he was trying to bring a plane into land and not sure he really knew where he was, but at the end of the day some you get some you don't, enjoyed most of the game appart from losing

Think the pitch might need a bit of work before the select game at the end of the month

Congrats :drink:

Off-side or not, the simple fact is that we lost to a team that we should have beaten easily. To be fair, Crowntown came into the game well 2nd half, but I think it was because we let them. We had a chat at half time and as soon as we left the changing room forgot everything that was said! We ran Crowntown ragged in the first half and should of been out of sight, but we'll learn a lot from this and be stronger for it.

Some great banter on the pitch today, which was topped off by the off putting comments I made prior to Crowntown missing a penalty! Excellent!

Wish all involved with Sunday football a very merry christmas!

In response to few comments made about the Crowntown v Oxford match yesterday. I cannot believe that we are still debating whether it was offside or not!!!! The 'linesman' (and I use that world very loosely, should be assistant referee, but did not 'assist' him at all), was clearly up and out of bed a little too early for that one. I am sure he was asleep! Having taken the free kick myself from ten yards inside our own half, he raised the flag as i started to run up to take the kick!!!! ask my Mrs, even i aint THAT premature!!!!). This decision asides we should have been comfortably ahead at half-time. We warned against complacency but once again did not take it on board. Was a case of trying to walk the ball over the line rather than shoot when the opportunity arose.

Anyway, a very competitive game which was very enjoyable (even theough we weren't the proverbial 'happy bunnies!!!!!!).

Congratulations to Crowntown on winning this match (or was it a cup final for them???).

To finish with, surely this pitch is needing improvements to host a representative match? One of our players commented at half-time that he "nearly broke his ankle on the far side".

Merry Christmas to all involved with Sunday football and looking forward tio 2008!

In response to few comments made about the Crowntown v Oxford match yesterday. I cannot believe that we are still debating whether it was offside or not!!!! The 'linesman' (and I use that world very loosely, should be assistant referee, but did not 'assist' him at all), was clearly up and out of bed a little too early for that one. I am sure he was asleep! Having taken the free kick myself from ten yards inside our own half, he raised the flag as i started to run up to take the kick!!!! ask my Mrs, even i aint THAT premature!!!!). This decision asides we should have been comfortably ahead at half-time. We warned against complacency but once again did not take it on board. Was a case of trying to walk the ball over the line rather than shoot when the opportunity arose.

Anyway, a very competitive game which was very enjoyable (even theough we weren't the proverbial 'happy bunnies!!!!!!).

Congratulations to Crowntown on winning this match (or was it a cup final for them???).

To finish with, surely this pitch is needing improvements to host a representative match? One of our players commented at half-time that he "nearly broke his ankle on the far side".

Merry Christmas to all involved with Sunday football and looking forward tio 2008!

i always run the line for tms sundays do you really think we want to do it??

if your so right in your decision do it yourself

lucky ypur a yido or i would go on and on.

I do get a bit upset when we criticise volunteers who do a job that helps games go on.

I don't like it much if you point out that an arbiter has got it wrong. He gives a decision on what he thinks he sees. He doesn't have to get it right, he has to do his (or her) best. That's what arbiter means.

I get bloody furious when posts imply that he is a cheat. That's where it's going and it's completely out of order.

The youngster who ran our line had played hard for half the game and was ready and wiling to do that job in the second half. He had the guts to stand there and explain to a referee what he saw and the referee made the decision. If you think you're going to get better than that on a Sunday morning, I think that you're in cloud cuckoo land. If he reads this, and I hope he doesn't, some of you numpties out there, have given him good cause to say he's just not going to do it again.

It started as a bit of banter about who should have won a game. No problem with that - and moved on the criticise the efforts of a bloody good clubman. Please think before you post.

And Crowntown won.

Everyone has agreed that with the start that Oxford Inn made,2 up in 10 minutes,they should have gone on to win the game fairly easily.Chance after chance came and went as Oxford's pace upfront was too hot for the home team.

Crowntown rode their luck at times and,together with some stout defending by Oldasitgets and the local MP,Andrew George,they stabilised and pulled themselves back into the game and the match evened up.

The main talking point was the disallowed "goal" and i will endeavour to explain what occured.Free-kick to Oxford Inn left side of the pitch and a long way out from goal.Everyone lines up,free-kick comes in,is partially cleared away but is returned and knocked into the net by an attacker only for my attention to be drawn to a raised flag by the assistant referee.I run across to ask the the assistant to explain why he had raised the flag.He said that when the free-kick was taken an attacker had moved into an offside position,to which i explained that the ball did not reach him so he was not strictly involved in the play.The assistant followed that by saying that the said player had stayed in the offside position,not returning to an onside position and it was he that received the ball in the second phase before putting the ball into the net.

I therefore took that advice and disallowed the "goal".It was my decision and not the assistant's,i take the responsibility as the match referee.

As regards the third Oxford Inn goal,i had no problem with it as the ball apppeared to be pulled back and the goalscorer went through a gap between two defenders to meet the ball.

It was a good game to referee with some good football and banter between the players,played with the true Sunday morning attitude.

Let's move on now.Have a lovely Christmas and New Year everyone and hope to see you all again in 2008.

people can blame anybody and everybody before they blame themselves. alot of the oxford players gota take a long hard look at themselves and decide if their performances were suitable against a team that to be honest were shocking.and alot of players gota learn to play simple football and make a 4 yard pass rather than overhit 50 yard passes all the time just because beckham does it.

REPLYING TO SOCCER FOLLOWER. WHO WAS ASKING ABOUT QUEENS HEAD IN THE SUNDAY CUP.

THEY WON THERE Q/F OF SUNDAY CUP LAST YEAR. BEATING BISLAND FC 5-0 BUT GOT KICKED

OUT FOR PLAYING 2-3 UN REGISTERD PLAYERS. BISLAND PLAYED PRAZE IN THE SEMI AND BEAT THEM 2-1

AFTER EXTRA TIME. AND WE BEAT FOXHOLE BY THE SAME SCORE. AND ALBION WENT ON TO WIN THE CUP

BEAT ING PRAZE 3-1 IN THE FINA NEVER ASK DEANO. ? QUESTIONS LIKE THAT. HE ONLY PLAYED IN ALL THE GAMES........