Cornwall Football Forum

BOND TIMBER CORNWALL JUNIOR CUP - QF February 17th, 2018

Think we need to bring in VAR for the junior cup quarter finals onwards by the sounds of it!!  ?

Must admit the offside goal with 15 minutes to go did change the game but that’s football. Penwith took full advantage with a couple of good finishes by their lively striker. Thought the visitors were just a bit more experienced and physical on the day and had some good players. 3-0 was a very harsh scoreline on Stickers youngsters and I’m sure they’ll be back to have another go next season before a few of them go on to senior football no doubt. Got to say the pitch looked great after all the rain we’ve had ?

9 hours ago, rougvie said:

I watched the Titans v Torpoint game as a neutral. It was a cracking cup tie and Titans were brilliant attacking in the last 20 minutes or so, but couldn't get the goal. With a few minutes to go there was a genuinely touch-and-go offside decision where the young Torpoint lad who was running the line flagged a Titans forward as offside. I don't know if he was right or not, but a group of 7 or 8 Titans fans ran over to the other side of the pitch and started physically threatening him. Did the ref report this?

I was there - It was my lad running the line. I didn't notice the New Inn fans come round so was shocked to read this. I checked with my son, this morning, and he said they did start coming round but wasn't intimidated. He said it was offside but, I couldn't tell from my angle and his Grandad said it was very close. Make of that what you will. What to me was far worse was the New Inn linesman constantly shouting criticism at the ref, all through the half often laced with Fs and Cs, fortunately he was on the other side in the second half. A battle of a game, few clear chances. Difficult pitch. Justin does an excellent job of bringing through younger lads and the older heads make them feel welcome and supported. Well run club - even if I'm partisan.

1 hour ago, 8 quid said:

Think you'll find it was 2/3 seasons ago !!

Ive been back at the club 3 seasons, 2as manager, so not in my time, I can't recall being fined and thrown out of any competition, I know it happens at clubs that are lesser known to others but one thing I can assure you and everyone else, as long as I'm managing (and still playing) it will never happen with Torpoint, the club is too high profile in  Cornwall and basis itself on fair play 

2 hours ago, Jimmer06 said:

Always been the same up there Grosey. I don't think anyone can argue it.

What you have to remember is, the Torpoint side that plays in the Duchy league and Junior cup is that it is Torpoint's 3rd team (They currently have 4 teams represented at different levels). With that in mind, sometimes when fixtures allow, players can be called upon from all areas of the club. The club has a 1club policy and everyone helps everyone out (normally to the detriment of the 3rd team, when all teams are playing).

On 17/02/2018 at 18:57, We Two said:

Thanks , now corrected. As stated Exiles worthy winners, but the use of club linesmen at this stage of the cup competition is not a good idea, especially if they are being advised what decisions to make by a clubs management.

Sad to see a club like Sticker after taking what seems a comprehensive beating from penwith blaming the referee, ever heard of being gracious in defeat! Come back next year for another go! Sour grapes.

2 hours ago, StarMan42 said:

Sad to see a club like Sticker after taking what seems a comprehensive beating from penwith blaming the referee, ever heard of being gracious in defeat! Come back next year for another go! Sour grapes.

Why bother with what was posted when you can make up your own version, where in the posting is the referee being blamed.
Not for the first time StarMan42 puts his own views forward using his overworked imagination.
If you can't understand " well done Exiles worthy winners on the day " as a compliment and not sour grapes, may we respectfully suggest a course in the queens english.    We seem to have missed any comments you may have made about St Stephens win on Saturday.     By the way StarMan42 when are you going to post the list of misdemeanours that Sticker have had overlooked by the CCFA that you accused them of in another thread, or was that just SOUR GRAPES:yahoo:

26 minutes ago, burty8 said:

I think us at exiles have been quite quiet this year in the forum, Of course you are going to get a reaction with the opinions of some on this thread. We let the football do the taking on Saturday yet people couldn’t help theirselves on here lol

Well said burty, and good luck in the next round! A shame Sticker couldn’t accept defeat a little better! Better side on the day!

5 minutes ago, StarMan42 said:

Well said burty, and good luck in the next round! A shame Sticker couldn’t accept defeat a little better! Better side on the day!

Seem to remember a post stating St Stephen were disrespectful for not warming up pre match, hope they don't do it too often they must have had a warm up last Saturday.
StarMan42 you really ought to keep a record of what you post, because in the passage of time you regularly contradict yourself.
Still awaiting your list of CCFA oversights