DIVISION 4

Lizard Argyle Reserves 5-2 Goonhavern Athletic 3rds

Madron 6-2 Constantine Reserves

Penzance Reserves 8-0 Stithians Reserves

Perranwell Reserves 1-3 Praze-an-Beeble

Troon AFC Reserves 3-3 Hayle 3rds

Wendron United 4ths 2-1 Probus Reserves

50 minutes ago, Chris Davey said:

Probus v Gwinear Churchtown is off as Gwinear are unable to raise a team.

Gutted for us at gwinear. After minimal football recently we’re dying for a game like everyone else. Like every team we usually have one or two unavailable but this week we have 7 players unavailable due to various reasons, Sod’s law; myself and Damo have tried as many avenues as possible to get players available and keen to play or sign but it just hasn’t happened ?. All of us at gwinear apologise to probus as I’m sure you boys are dying to play as well. Good luck for rest of season 

11 hours ago, DRichards said:

Gutted for us at gwinear. After minimal football recently we’re dying for a game like everyone else. Like every team we usually have one or two unavailable but this week we have 7 players unavailable due to various reasons, Sod’s law; myself and Damo have tried as many avenues as possible to get players available and keen to play or sign but it just hasn’t happened ?. All of us at gwinear apologise to probus as I’m sure you boys are dying to play as well. Good luck for rest of season 

It's tough to get a side together for lots at the moment mate. The long "winter break" I think means people start assuming games will be off so make other plans/work, they lose the routine of Saturday football and struggling senior clubs offering players game time when you can't play. I'm sure you two will pull it together

I'm led to believe that Holmans offered a qualified referee (although he had not registered this year) to take charge of the game, St Just declined.

St Day declined the offer from Mawnan to reverse the fixture...

That's two more games that have been lost [needlessly]. There will be more still, I'm sure.

With the recent news coming from the league, you would think that the club's will do what they can to try and get these games played. The most important thing at this level is ensuring that the players get a game, surely?

My personal opinion, again.

13 minutes ago, B_D said:

I'm led to believe that Holmans offered a qualified referee (although he had not registered this year) to take charge of the game, St Just declined.

That's two more games that have been lost [needlessly]. There will be more still, I'm sure.

With the recent news coming from the league, you would think that the club's will do what they can to try and get these games played. The most important thing at this level is ensuring that the players get a game, surely?

I spoke with our secretary who told me, after speaking with the league, that we was not going to be able to get a ref and that Holmans needed to know before 11 if the game was on or off. So he called it off. No mention of a stand in ref to myself during the conversation.

Thanks for your opinion though. None of us want to call games off needlessly - I'm going to have to go and watch St Buryan with a crate of beer now. Disaster.

25 minutes ago, 1ofthekids said:

I spoke with our secretary who told me, after speaking with the league, that we was not going to be able to get a ref and that Holmans needed to know before 11 if the game was on or off. So he called it off. No mention of a stand in ref to myself during the conversation.

Thanks for your opinion though. None of us want to call games off needlessly - I'm going to have to go and watch St Buryan with a crate of beer now. Disaster.

Hope you aren’t thinking of drinking that by the side of the field of play!?

Trelawny 4

Penzance Reserves 8-0 Stithians Reserves

Penzance 7-0 up at half-time. Second half Stithians changed keeper who made some good saves and blocks. Pz took their foot of the gas but scored late on. Attendance was 32. 

Also, well done to Madron who got their first win today defeating Constantine Reserves 6-2.

Top of our Div, Praze win at 2nd place Perranwell 3-1 to remain unbeaten allowing Mousehole 3rds (who didn't have a game) to climb to 2nd on goal difference.

ruan minor 2 mariners 4.good win today against a tricky ruan side who did well to get the game on! special thanks to them for that.mariners with a stong squad today took there chances well with goals from conner clarke,stuart lugg,greg stephens and ryan stanley.thanks to ruan for the food im there nice new clubhouse.see you at our place

6 hours ago, B_D said:

totally shocking!!! whats a matter with teams if they want to play football why enter the league.i feel teams who refuse legit situations to get games on should be fined or docked points.piss take really.

20 minutes ago, feedtheshak said:

Was Mawnans pitch playable? It was on last week up until the ref checked it and called it off with players all there and getting changed... Maybe St day didn't want the hassle of going all the way down there only for it to be called off again? 

Difference was last week it was playable till it started pissing down with rain you knuckle dragger.  In answer to your question yes it was, cut marked, and basking in glorious sunshine.

This week (according to st day official Twitter) VP pitch 2 was playable at 8:00 am then not at 10:45 am after 2 3/4 hours of sub tropical weather.

11 hours ago, peggy78 said:

It's tough to get a side together for lots at the moment mate. The long "winter break" I think means people start assuming games will be off so make other plans/work, they lose the routine of Saturday football and struggling senior clubs offering players game time when you can't play. I'm sure you two will pull it together

Could have said something at Rumons tonight peggy

Don' really get the issue with St Day Res v mawnan not being played. We've played you away, we were not short of players, I, yes I posted on Twitter this morning the pitch was soft but a qualified referee deemed it to soft and unsafe for players....if players seriously hurt themselves or it was called of at 2:30pm you would be on here bloody moaning again.

If we did not want to play we would not of spent  £350 on that pitch alone this week. Sorry it just was not happening.

Weve lost enough money already from our clubhouse (which pays our pitch renovations) through no games so sorry for us wanting to keep our club afloat.

Anyway what' the issue we do not have any cup games to fit in so we got loads of bloody time to play.????

Any concerns or if the above does not answet anyones concerns call me my number is on our website. I'm there again 9am tomorrow can give you a tour around if anyone does not believe us.

Cheers

Mark Leah

????????

9 hours ago, Dave Deacon said:

I was thrown by someone suggesting switch the game, didn't realise you had already played at Mawnan and so fair enough on not playing! :thumbsup:

What difference does it really make at this level? If there is a pitch available the game should of been played, too many people have their say at this level. And that is exactly why the league is in the embarrassing position they are in, if games like this were enforced you'd be a lot better off!

1 hour ago, Sijames said:

What difference does it really make at this level? If there is a pitch available the game should of been played, too many people have their say at this level. And that is exactly why the league is in the embarrassing position they are in, if games like this were enforced you'd be a lot better off!

Sijames, although I agree with the recent weather we have had, we should be making a conscious effort to get games played; when you see it from the ‘home’ side’s view point: they’ve only seven games left to play so plenty of one for them to fit them in and they are potentially losing money with bar takings, which is vital in keeping teams running and afloat. 

4 hours ago, Sijames said:

St Day have already explained why - bar takings. Good enough reason surely as money hard to come by for these clubs otherwise.

Perranwell 1 - 3 Praze 

two of div 4 in form teams,

Praze deserved the win by far the stronger team, 1-1 at Ht the home time not really creating much in front of goal. 

Praze 1st goal was a well worked team goal with slick passing cutting open the perran back line. Perran equalize through a sloppy kick from the Praze keeper with the striker cooling finishing from 30 yards?! Praze then took the lead again with around 15 to go, poor marking allowing the striker a free header at goal. the 3rd away goal was very similar. 

good luck to both. 

On 17/02/2018 at 17:38, cornishteddyboy said:

Trelawny 4

Penzance Reserves 8-0 Stithians Reserves

Penzance 7-0 up at half-time. Second half Stithians changed keeper who made some good saves and blocks. Pz took their foot of the gas but scored late on. Attendance was 32. 

Also, well done to Madron who got their first win today defeating Constantine Reserves 6-2.

Top of our Div, Praze win at 2nd place Perranwell 3-1 to remain unbeaten allowing Mousehole 3rds (who didn't have a game) to climb to 2nd on goal difference.

Great header for the 8th goal. Still feel i could of saved it but never the less a good header and goal.