NATS Gloucester City 1 0 Concord Rangers 0
NATS Havant & Waterlooville 2 0 Hungerford Town 0
NATS Poole Town 0 4 Eastbourne Borough 479
NATS Truro City 2 3 Oxford City 465
NATS Wealdstone 1 2 Dartford 1002
NATS Welling United 3 1 St Albans City 517
NATS Weston-super-Mare 2 2 East Thurrock United

27 minutes ago, Dave Deacon said:

It's certainly looking an interesting run-in!

P W D L F A +/- Pts
1 Dartford 30 15 8 7 59 37 +22 53
2 Hampton & Richmond Borough 29 13 12 4 40 25 +15 51
3 Havant & Waterlooville 27 14 8 5 46 23 +23 50
4 Chelmsford City 29 13 9 7 45 30 +15 48
5 St Albans City 28 13 8 7 51 35 +16 47
6 Hemel Hempstead Town 29 13 8 8 46 35 +11 47
7 Truro City 28 13 7 8 49 36 +13 46
8 Braintree Town 30 12 10 8 53 42 +11 46
9 Bath City 30 12 9 9 41 36 +5 45

Two games in hand after the bad weather should play in our favour as they are home games / but not if the same thing happens as last week should be winning our home games / need 3 points tomorrow 

On 16 February 2018 at 16:12, Gazer said:

Lets hope truro fc get back to winning ways this week /after last weeks game of two halfs /1st half great / 2 nd half rubbish until subs came on gave it a go but not enough time to get the goals needed ( come on truro city 3 points tomorrow )??⚽️

Well that did nt go well again today / they did nt learn much from last week 2/0 up at half time but still loose 3/2 must say ref did not help much today did not look like a penalty from were we were standing / but cant blame him for everything that happend this afternoon on the pitch /hope they get back to winning ways soon 

League Table

P W D L F A +/- Pts
1 Dartford 31 16 8 7 61 38 +23 56
2 Havant & Waterlooville 28 15 8 5 48 23 +25 53
3 Hampton & Richmond Borough 30 13 13 4 43 28 +15 52
4 Chelmsford City 30 13 10 7 48 33 +15 49
5 Hemel Hempstead Town 30 13 9 8 49 38 +11 48
6 St Albans City 29 13 8 8 52 38 +14 47
7 Truro City 29 13 7 9 51 39 +12 46
8 Braintree Town 31 12 10 9 54 44 +10 46
9 Bath City 31 12 10 9 42 37 +5 46
10 Welling United 29 12 8 9 52 45 +7 44
11 Weston-super-Mare 29 12 7 10 53 49 +4 43
12 Wealdstone 28 11 8 9 43 41 +2 41
13 East Thurrock United 28 10 9 9 53 56 -3 39
14 Eastbourne Borough 31 10 7 14 47 59 -12 37
15 Oxford City 31 9 8 14 46 56 -10 35
16 Concord Rangers 29 8 10 11 35 41 -6 34
17 Gloucester City 28 9 6 13 36 46 -10 33
18 Hungerford Town 29 9 6 14 32 42 -10 33
19 Chippenham Town 30 8 8 14 43 57 -14 32
20 Poole Town 30 7 7 16 36 55 -19 28
21 Bognor Regis Town 30 4 12 14 32 52 -20 24
22 Whitehawk 31 4 7 20 35 74 -39 19

I don't think promotion is something we are going to have to worry about.

If I'm to be brutally honest, at the end of last season,  I would have ripped your arm off for a top ten finish, and to win as many games as we lose.   I've no reason to think any different at this stage. 

It's already been a great year......... No need to go up.

12 minutes ago, CornishRhino said:

All ifs and buts at the moment. We'll have to see what happens first at the council meeting and then the close season.

It is going to go right to the wire, last minute reprieve is needed.

I'm not  hearing a great deal of support for the stadium, maybe if the government comes up with the shortfall as promised - then might happen.

2 hours ago, CornishRhino said:

I agree older. I do think this saga this time around is going right to the deadline. It is so hard to call at the moment I don't think anybody has a clue which way the stadium vote will go.

When they are cutting back and back again, with savings needed of circa £70 million is it (?) how can they justify building a loss making monument (?)

The Pirate consortium have already stated they will subsidise it for £300K per year for the first ten years, what then(?)

What if the running costs/losses are greater than that in the first ten years (?) to many if's for me..... and many others.

I don't know of any local authority enterprise that has made any sort of return to the ratepayer....rather always hefty losses.

I will be almightily surprised if it gets built (!)

The consortium are only using TCFC as a bargaining/blackmail tool anyway, and with crowds of 300++ each match day I would think that would be a loss maker as well (!)

To open up a stadium of that size requires staffing for the whole ground, not just a corner of it, and it's too small for a truly headline band to play in, so ....make you own minds up.

To me - a huge financial loss on the horizon after the honeymoon period ends.

3 hours ago, CornishRhino said:

It's been a good season on the pitch regardless of whether we make the play offs or not. It would be better for the club in the long run I imagine if we didn't go up. As getting promoted would mean moving to Torquay, and a serious lack of finances. The chairman has said on numerous occasions that finances at this level are a struggle at times. They would have to significantly increase if we moved up another division. That and revenue would be a struggle as there would be a lack of income sources.

Peter Masters recently said on BBC Radio Cornwall that there is nowhere else the club can go for next season other than Torquay United. There’s not enough time to bring the likes of Bodmin or Helston up to the ground grading required.

The other point to make is that the club won’t be promoted, even if they finish in a promotion place, unless it can demonstrate to the league that the S4C is going to be built. They have to show to the league that they will have a home to go back to in Cornwall.

10 hours ago, Dave Deacon said:

Peter Masters recently said on BBC Radio Cornwall that there is nowhere else the club can go for next season other than Torquay United. There’s not enough time to bring the likes of Bodmin or Helston up to the ground grading required.

The other point to make is that the club won’t be promoted, even if they finish in a promotion place, unless it can demonstrate to the league that the S4C is going to be built. They have to show to the league that they will have a home to go back to in Cornwall.

and the FA (who over ruled the League on this last time round) won't allow a ground share in Torquay of more than 1 year because of the distance home fans are required to travel.  That only leaves enforced relegation to a league where local grounds are sufficient to enable TCFC to share. 

Also don't forget the ownership issue.  Masters won't be the owner next season unless he gets another mug to pump money in that he can spend.  Having recovered all his losses from the Helical pay off, he isn't about to start spending any of his own money if he is not guaranteed to get it back.

It's beginning to sound like no ground, no owner...........no club!

On 20/02/2018 at 19:28, CornishRhino said:

That's the doubt I have when it comes to the council funding for the stadium. They continue to say they need to make cuts. Why would they then put multi millions of pounds in to a new stadium?! They've got to weigh up how many people really want it and the benefits it'll have. I want the stadium to be built as I'm a strong supporter of both Truro City and the Cornish Pirates. I would disagree when you say that it's too small for headline music acts to play there. They'd be able to get plenty down here. Regardless, it's going to be a close one.

This is why I don’t want the stadium to be paid for by the tax payers! It’s not for Cornwall it’s for The Pirates and Truro City. Basically they are asking the council to fund their business model for them. It’s not likely to benefit others really

18 hours ago, St Darren said:

This is why I don’t want the stadium to be paid for by the tax payers! It’s not for Cornwall it’s for The Pirates and Truro City. Basically they are asking the council to fund their business model for them. It’s not likely to benefit others really

Why do you say its for Pirates and Truro.?

Yes they will play there.

But there are other things that will go on.Dont forget Penwith College. Rugby League.Pop Concert's could take place,plus all the hospitality events.

It will not be ,just for Pirates and Truro.

13 hours ago, St Darren said:

They’re the ones pushing for it so much. Still say it will make no difference to the vast majority of the Cornish public

I think the stadium would be good for Cornwall. Seems to me Darren that if you were on the council you would give the majority everything they want and ignore the minority! What a great society that would be! 

I still can’t see any economical benefits for the county of Cornwall. It’s going to cost the tax payer £6m, what and when is the return on that?

People talk about it being able to help to produce the youth for the future?? How is it going to do that when there are only two teams playing in it?

We’re currently in a Tory government, isn’t their plan to help the minority and ignore the majority 

2 hours ago, St Darren said:

I still can’t see any economical benefits for the county of Cornwall. It’s going to cost the tax payer £6m, what and when is the return on that?

People talk about it being able to help to produce the youth for the future?? How is it going to do that when there are only two teams playing in it?

We’re currently in a Tory government, isn’t their plan to help the minority and ignore the majority 

Think you are forgetting that the Truro and Penwith colleges would be heavily involved as well Darren and probably many other schools and colleges as well after all it is being called a Stadium for Cornwall something many people are forgetting.Every child or youth in Cornwall male or female deserves the chance to further there sporting abilities  unfortunately living in prehistoric Cornwall they are not given an opportunity or chance, but as the majority of the dinosaurs would say, but we do live in a beautiful part of the country. What a load of crap.

Rant over Hear endeth the lesson. :c:

2 hours ago, St Darren said:

Can you tell me something in Cornwall that economically benefits ,all Cornwall.??????

Not much,I'm afraid..

Plus the Council has already said they are not going to finance the S4C to the sum of £6 million.

So I cant quite get your,side of the arguement.

44 minutes ago, Rayvon said:

Just as a matter of interest does the S4C intend to include an all weather pitch and some smaller pitches attached this would seem common sense to me, I'm afraid this ordeal has been going on so long I have lost the plot.

I asked the same question recently with no response as far as I'm aware!

4 hours ago, somersetspur said:

Can you tell me something in Cornwall that economically benefits ,all Cornwall.??????

Not much,I'm afraid..

Plus the Council has already said they are not going to finance the S4C to the sum of £6 million.

So I cant quite get your,side of the arguement.

It’s being sold as ‘Stadium for cornwall’ It’s not though is it. It’s for businesses. And I don’t see why tax payers money in Cornwall should be going into that to support businesses. That’s my opinion and it won’t change

12 minutes ago, St Darren said:

It’s being sold as ‘Stadium for cornwall’ It’s not though is it. It’s for businesses. And I don’t see why tax payers money in Cornwall should be going into that to support businesses. That’s my opinion and it won’t change

You are contradicting yourself.

You said ,its not for Cornwall,its for Pirates and TCFC.Thats not correct.

You said ,you dont think tax-payers should pay the £6 million.They are not.

Plus you have'nt answered ,the main question.What venture has financially benefitted all Cornwall.

Im not asking you to change your opinion.

Just your opinion,dont add up.

2 minutes ago, somersetspur said:

You said ,you dont think tax-payers should pay the £6 million.They are not.

Are you saying this because it's going to be the Cornwall Council paying over the money and not expecting the people of Cornwall to end up funding via "taxes", or are you saying it because they are going to vote no?

Or have I misunderstood you completely? :wacko:

If the council aren’t paying the £6m then where’s the argument? If it comes from businesses then crack on and go for it. I hope the council don’t put their money into it that’s all. 

The stadium as a stadium is for the Pirates and TCFC. You’re not going to see Truro rugby club or saltash Utd play there are you? It’s a home ground for those two businesses. 

Truro college will continue to operate without the stadium

38 minutes ago, St Darren said:

If the council aren’t paying the £6m then where’s the argument? If it comes from businesses then crack on and go for it. I hope the council don’t put their money into it that’s all. 

The stadium as a stadium is for the Pirates and TCFC. You’re not going to see Truro rugby club or saltash Utd play there are you? It’s a home ground for those two businesses. 

Truro college will continue to operate without the stadium

Sorry but I think you are wrong there Darren, as I see it if Saltash United got into the final of the Senior Cup I would expect it to be played at the S4C and if Truro RFC got into a  County final I would expect them to play there as well. as would the successful Cornwal Schools  GirlsUnder 14s team or even the St Agnes Dynamos under 14s Bolsters who recently won the Cornish Girls Football League Futsal Cup. I for one would be very disappointed if it was a stadium for 2 clubs only.

1 hour ago, Dave Deacon said:

Are you saying this because it's going to be the Cornwall Council paying over the money and not expecting the people of Cornwall to end up funding via "taxes", or are you saying it because they are going to vote no?

Or have I misunderstood you completely? :wacko:

The Council have said they will fund ,just £1 million,the remaining £5 million will have to be found elsewhere.

7 minutes ago, Rayvon said:

Sorry but I think you are wrong there Darren, as I see it if Saltash United got into the final of the Senior Cup I would expect it to be played at the S4C and if Truro RFC got into a  County final I would expect them to play there as well. as would the successful Cornwal Schools  GirlsUnder 14s team or even the St Agnes Dynamos under 14s Bolsters who recently won the Cornish Girls Football League Futsal Cup. I for one would be very disappointed if it was a stadium for 2 clubs only.

We wait and see! 

But I can’t see it happening anyway 

The Pirates, Truro City and the College should pay for it as they are the only ones to benefit from it. If the Council have money to throw away, they could give it to all the sports clubs in Cornwall in the form of grants, and many people will benefit from it.

Are there any Cornish players playing for Truro or the Pirates?

3 minutes ago, Outsider said:

The Pirates, Truro City and the College should pay for it as they are the only ones to benefit from it. If the Council have money to throw away, they could give it to all the sports clubs in Cornwall in the form of grants, and many people will benefit from it.

Are there any Cornish players playing for Truro or the Pirates?

I think Cody Cooke is a Cornish player playing for Truro City. Jack and Paul Andrew (from St Mawes) play for the Pirates; there may be more but those are the ones I know of. 

I am not close enough to the S4 project and couldn't make an informed opinion on the financial viability but I for one would love to see a stadium that was home to Truro City and the Pirates, as well as being a first class facility for the college students. I've no idea how Truro City could make it financially sustainable at National League level but it doesn't stop people (including me) dreaming that one day the impossible is possible....or as some would say "never say never"!

52 minutes ago, Dave Deacon said:

I don’t think somehow the NLS cares much about our County final. They haven’t in the past! 

I'll get Big Al to have a word with them lol.

1 hour ago, St Darren said:

For senior and junior cup finals yeah!!!

Yeah that's why they're calling it a Stadium for Cornwall

The S4C name is to make the Council and everyone else think it is for all of Cornwall.  A Truro home fixture would take preference over the Cornwall senior cup finals as their league is operated by the FA. SWPL Officers have no say over the Cornwall FA finals

I suppose the Pirates could also have a home fixture on Easter Monday.

• 2 weeks later...
On 19/02/2018 at 13:01, Rayvon said:

Makes me wonder if Truro were to get promoted and that's a BIG IF how many of the current squad would be up for the challenge and how many would be good enough, not many methinks. :c:

Rayvon, You say not many but at St Albans yesterday I was talking to a couple of scouts from Football League clubs watching two of our players.