Jump to content
Cornwall Football Forum
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bluemoon 71

Junior cup semi-finals draw

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Cornishfootball said:

Dave any idea why they are always mid week? This always been the case?

I would imagine it’s so more people can go and watch should they wish. Those that would otherwise on a Saturday be with their own sides. Great idea I reckon, but never quite sure if one day after the other is quite so good! Why not space the two out a few days. This also applies to the Senior competition as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Dave Deacon said:

I would imagine it’s so more people can go and watch should they wish. Those that would otherwise on a Saturday be with their own sides. Great idea I reckon, but never quite sure if one day after the other is quite so good! Why not space the two out a few days. This also applies to the Senior competition as well.

 It also helps when finding a pitch to play on, most of the top grounds will be in use every Saturday so weekdays are less likely to disrupt fixtures and  give the host club some extra income making it a more attractive proposition for them. Then of course there is the referee situation, three officials on a Saturday would basically mean that two other games didn't get one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not so long ago, the Junior Cup Semi-Finals were in fact East & West Area Finals, and if memory serves correctly there was a presentation of a perpetual cup for being the Area Champions.

I think this only changed 4 or 5 years ago, to be an open draw, from round 3 onwards so teams would play different opposition, and get to go to new places.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Paul Collings said:

Is there betting allowed on who will be the first to complain about the venues?     :)

.  Paul, you can't win where ever you choose. But we take all that 'on the chin' and just get on with arrangements.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, 8 quid said:

Don't really understand the lack of interest by clubs to hold these semis as the jnr cup is the oldest,biggest & best competition in Cornwall 

could be because with the weather we have had the past several weeks and the amount of games some clubs need to catch up on, one more fixture to cram in, is to much.

under normal circumstances i would agree........just a thought!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, StarMan42 said:

Nice home tie for wendron, no doubt st stephens will arrive 5 mins before kick off anyway! Come on the Dron!

More like 8 mins before so they can have 2 cigarettes instead of 1 before ko

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Dave Deacon said:

Are you asking or telling?

I was referring to David Grose,  me saying that the lights not being up yet is the issue, not that theyre being switched on already  

Still unsure if that sheds any light on my comment :drink: Ignore me

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Game cancelled do to no lights at hayle,proper lash up ,any club with half a business brain should take the game as there's plenty of interest in real Cornish football where supporters,players & club officials enjoy the after game as much as the game 👎🏻

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 8 quid said:

Game cancelled do to no lights at hayle,proper lash up ,any club with half a business brain should take the game as there's plenty of interest in real Cornish football where supporters,players & club officials enjoy the after game as much as the game 👎🏻

St Austell Truro Blazey Bodmin Newquay Helston sticker Penzance wadebridge Falmouth all decent grounds with lights n ample parking n not one can host a junior cup semi final? Appalling mate

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

According to the Sticker website :- Tuesday 13th home to Launceston        Saturday 17th home to Witheridge    Wednesday 21st Falmouth v Godolphin cup semi final     Saturday 24th reserves home duchy league match.     Thats four matches being played on that pitch in seven days.            With the  backlog of football games and the present weather conditions taking its toll on pitches, the shortage of grounds available is no real surprise.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, coady-9 said:

Surely this is a wind up why take the game on not knowing if your lights are going to be working 

 

1 hour ago, 8 quid said:

The galaxy & the ccfa 👉

At the time I believe the lights would have been ready and installed last week! But due to the snow the installers couldn’t finish the job and are yet to be able to complete.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, 8 quid said:

Total fiasco,it's all about senior cup,senior cup,NOT !!!

Disappointment I understand , “fiasco” a bit strong! The county had the same problem with the Senior Cup with Falmouth’s pitch becoming unable to be used.

They were lucky Helston came forward to replace them, this time another couple weeks down the road, unfortunately there isn’t a willing replacement.

Decision I understand being made by County on Monday as to what the Hayle situation dictates. Perhaps a little earlier communication from the County FA could have helped everyone understand and appreciate the situation.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s probably  a good thing all the cups have been called off if we can’t even get 2 semi finals played. Imagine trying to find grounds for all the other finals of semi finals

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9 March 2018 at 23:51, 8 quid said:

Total fiasco,it's all about senior cup,senior cup,NOT !!!

 

On 10 March 2018 at 07:42, Dave Deacon said:

Disappointment I understand , “fiasco” a bit strong! The county had the same problem with the Senior Cup with Falmouth’s pitch becoming unable to be used.

They were lucky Helston came forward to replace them, this time another couple weeks down the road, unfortunately there isn’t a willing replacement.

Decision I understand being made by County on Monday as to what the Hayle situation dictates. Perhaps a little earlier communication from the County FA could have helped everyone understand and appreciate the situation.

 

Looking at the time of his posting I'd assume he's had several sherbets n got busy fingers on here lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/03/2018 at 09:26, burty8 said:

It’s probably  a good thing all the cups have been called off if we can’t even get 2 semi finals played. Imagine trying to find grounds for all the other finals of semi finals

Wendron would have them.

If the semi final at Hayle god forbid cannot be played on the grass pitch. Would it be possible to switch to the 3G or would it be cancelled?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×