Cornwall Football Forum

Saltash United v Godolphin

15 minutes ago, mattelot said:

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz .you were there to see the ground conditions then big Al. Were you ?

These would have been known long before 2pm.

Anyway the ground conditions postponed Falmouth s 8 nil hammering, Could have been 2 awesome defeats in 3 days !

1 hour ago, quiksilver said:

You moan if games are called off too early

now moaning if games are given every chance to be played and called off when referee arrives at the ground 

??

Long wasted journey for the Godolphin supporters !

1 hour ago, quiksilver said:

You moan if games are called off too early

now moaning if games are given every chance to be played and called off when referee arrives at the ground 

??

10 hours ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

That post makes a mockery of every post you've ever put up about cancelling early.....lmfao

He's just an attention seeker Dave. Never got anything positive to say about anything or anyone .ought to change his name from Big Al to the big I am !

On ‎11‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 10:42, bighairydave said:

You also wouldn’t have sued everyone you could if you got injured either though!

Unfortunately, very true. I remember playing for Atherton Collieries U15s in the 80s, and every week we played on a quagmire. I mean, totally ankle deep in mud. We somehow, despite being 2nd bottom of the league got to a cup final that was played on Preston's plastic pitch against our local rivals Holy Family, that were also rubbish, but higher up the league. Well, what an appalling game we put on, it finished 7-5 to them, and the ball spent the entire game bouncing and pinging everywhere. We just couldn't get used to the ball moving :D My legs were shredded from the pitch, which was evil. It was not an enjoyable experience.

Mind, the following Sunday back at home on our mud bath. I struck a ball sweetly and smashed it past the keeper and it was going all the way into the net for the goal that would have earned us a win that would have kept us up  :yahoo::smiley20::drink:. I turned to run to our bench to celebrate. Only for the keeper to dive on the ball that had got stuck in the mud. <_< I cried....

9 hours ago, Atherton LR said:

Unfortunately, very true. I remember playing for Atherton Collieries U15s in the 80s, and every week we played on a quagmire. I mean, totally ankle deep in mud. We somehow, despite being 2nd bottom of the league got to a cup final that was played on Preston's plastic pitch against our local rivals Holy Family, that were also rubbish, but higher up the league. Well, what an appalling game we put on, it finished 7-5 to them, and the ball spent the entire game bouncing and pinging everywhere. We just couldn't get used to the ball moving :D My legs were shredded from the pitch, which was evil. It was not an enjoyable experience.

Mind, the following Sunday back at home on our mud bath. I struck a ball sweetly and smashed it past the keeper and it was going all the way into the net for the goal that would have earned us a win that would have kept us up  :yahoo::smiley20::drink:. I turned to run to our bench to celebrate. Only for the keeper to dive on the ball that had got stuck in the mud. <_< I cried....

What a story been there too!