Cornwall Football Forum

Truro win again

Guest jol's blue & white army

Guest tom@white tigers

Sam Matthews looked good today and took his goal well but i still felt we missed the energetic Ian Gosling who was on the bench for the reserves instead of playing for the first team. Strange one. It was good to see Jonny Ludlam come on as well to get his chance. However he didn't have time to make an impact on the game. It's always interesting to see how the fringe players get on when played. Dean Stamp has bags of potential and today we saw why he is Exeter City's young player of the year. Got his efforts on goal which is more than can be said for Stewert Yetton. Dean came off the bench and proved his reputation as a top striker capable of getting you goals. He made an instant impact scoring two fine goals and sealing the win for his new club. I think if Dean had started the game he would have at least doubled his talley because he is a different class. He has settled in really well and is shineing. I saw him laughing and joking at half time with Jonny Ludlam just like one of the lads. Yetton himself summed up the game "It was just one of those days" he said to me after he was substituted. I agree Stu. The three points is all thats important.

I heard Ian Gosling was on the bench for the reserves. I felt we missed the presence of Lenny today. It's something the club will have to get used to. Also i'd like to say thank you to the players for taking the time out to sign fans merchandise.

Well done Truro, the performace could have been better but the 3 points is what counts.

Guest cornish pasty

some well dodgy maths going on there to think 14points will guarantee 2nd place.

that is 62points which last season would be 10th !!!

3rd place was Frome on 91points and Frome, Corsham, Welton are all on course to get around 75points.

the words breath taking arrogance spring to mind.

:c:

On the basis of todays performance I think we saw a star of the future on the pitch at Treyew Road today in the form of one young Dean Stamp on loan from Exeter.

Come and watch him while you can - I don't think he will be there for long..!!

Got to agree with you BigG,this young guy is real class,right out of the top drawer.Cant wait to see him play the full 90 mins.

KIT.

It had been worked out (not by me) that we need after Frome's loss yesterday approx 24 points for 2nd spot guarenteed and 80pts in total for the championship, this will go down with so many clubs taking points off others.

Second place is unlikely to be sufficient for promotion this year - remember there is no extra Step 4 division being formed this year, so only 6-8 teams from the Step 5 teams will be going up. Not that it should make much difference to Truro City though.

--

Richard

Guest Terrier Tom

Was this the game that you gave a discount to supporters??? What was the attentance????

Just had a look on Tony Kempster's excellent site. The crowd was 331 which was better than 1/3 of Saturday's Conference North/South games and better than all but one of the Southern Prem crowds.

Moreover the crowd was also up more than 100 on what they had at Treyew Road last season at the same time of year. Clearly a well timed promotion at a notoriously bad time of year for crowds!

Well done Truro :clapper:

YES IT WAS.

ATTENDENCE 331 - GOING DOWN

did u not read his post it was up on the same week of last year,but then were used to you jumping on the i dont like truro bandwagon :drink:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest cornish pasty

It had been worked out (not by me) that we need after Frome's loss yesterday approx 24 points for 2nd spot guarenteed and 80pts in total for the championship, this will go down with so many clubs taking points off others.

you were right there, corsham and dawlish two top teams took points off another top team.

beginning to count your chickens a bit too early I think.