Cornwall Football Forum

This is the moment for the Stadium4Cornwall

9 hours ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

You're joking if you think that bunch could handle me in their back yard ....lol

Nice side-step Older! If the whole council consisted of people like you then surely there would be no problem! ? ? Generally though it's a shame that so many people slag off the council and councillors and yet haven't got the guts to give it a go themselves!

8 hours ago, Goldeneye said:

Nice side-step Older! If the whole council consisted of people like you then surely there would be no problem! ? ? Generally though it's a shame that so many people slag off the council and councillors and yet haven't got the guts to give it a go themselves!

I actually worked in local government for 37years, they could not handle me then (too forthright) and they would not want me back I'm sure !!!!!

1 hour ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

I actually worked in local government for 37years, they could not handle me then (too forthright) and they would not want me back I'm sure !!!!!

Well protected job,final salary pension ,involved in making financial decisions with no personnel risk .You dont have the bottle to stand for county councilor because for 37 years you took the easy way in life.Just as easy to say it wont happen i suppose .negative people like you is why cornwall is well behind the times.Pick up your pension that we have all contributed to and shut up IDIOT.

2 hours ago, kitbag said:

Well protected job,final salary pension ,involved in making financial decisions with no personnel risk .You dont have the bottle to stand for county councilor because for 37 years you took the easy way in life.Just as easy to say it wont happen i suppose .negative people like you is why cornwall is well behind the times.Pick up your pension that we have all contributed to and shut up IDIOT.

WOW (!) A bigot with no idea how local authority actually works.

I could destroy everything you have mentioned with actual facts, but that never works with bigots, so I'll leave you to your totally uninformed opinions.

I wish you well too ...I'll give you one thing - your post made me smile - a lot. :c:

14 hours ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

WOW (!) A bigot with no idea how local authority actually works.

I could destroy everything you have mentioned with actual facts, but that never works with bigots, so I'll leave you to your totally uninformed opinions.

I wish you well too ...I'll give you one thing - your post made me smile - a lot. :c:

Ouch!!!! someone is not happy but please expand on kitbag which one of the following is he :(bigot) Extremist, Diehard, Dogmatist, Racist, Hypocrite, chauvinist 

There's the meat on the bone in the West Briton today, statement by the pirates executive.

One little mention of TCFC, and the rest is all about the pirate's and the college, TCFC are just an after thought to be accommodated or suffered to achieve a stadium.

The most interesting bit, it will be subsidised to the tune of £300K per year for the first ten years (!) It is being built to lose money.

Ten years down the line when the subsidy finishes it will require a major overhaul by then - who pays (?) and then who takes the annual losses (?)

It should now be called THE PIRATES STADIUM 'cause it isn't for Cornwall, if it was it would be built in mid Cornwall, not Cornwall's M25

2 hours ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

It should now be called THE PIRATES STADIUM 'cause it isn't for Cornwall, if it was it would be built in mid Cornwall, not Cornwall's M25

Could you be a bit more precise. Where exactly would you like it to be built in mid-cornwall?

1 minute ago, somersetspur said:

Just a little question about the Council using tax payers money to complete the S4C.

Are any of you concerned about the millions,to be spent on the Hall for Cornwall.?

Not at all - fantastic news - will be money well spent.

2 hours ago, somersetspur said:

Just a little question about the Council using tax payers money to complete the S4C.

Are any of you concerned about the millions,to be spent on the Hall for Cornwall.?

Not  a great fan of the figures being quoted ...they tend to go up !!!!!!

But it is for the whole of Cornwall not just a select few....incorporate the hall for Cornwall into the stadium maybe.

I would look for somewhere around the Bodmin area myself, straight off the A30...suitable for everyone I would think.

Enough in Truro already methinks.

1 hour ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

Not  a great fan of the figures being quoted ...they tend to go up !!!!!!

But it is for the whole of Cornwall not just a select few....incorporate the hall for Cornwall into the stadium maybe.

I would look for somewhere around the Bodmin area myself, straight off the A30...suitable for everyone I would think.

Enough in Truro already methinks.

Bodmin is not a very good 'green' choice. A 20 mile radius around Truro covers a far, far greater population than the same radius around Bodmin. Truro also has better public transport facilities.

13 minutes ago, Goldeneye said:

Bodmin is not a very good 'green' choice. A 20 mile radius around Truro covers a far, far greater population than the same radius around Bodmin. Truro also has better public transport facilities.

Only when the traffic can actually move !!!

The Council are going to be building all over "green" Cornwall to fufill its obligations to provide housing for the over population taking place.

Falmouth , Truro and Camborne are gridlocked everyday now.

7 hours ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

Only when the traffic can actually move !!!

The Council are going to be building all over "green" Cornwall to fufill its obligations to provide housing for the over population taking place.

Falmouth , Truro and Camborne are gridlocked everyday now.

We will have to agree to disagree!?

47 minutes ago, somersetspur said:

Sorry ,Im not having people complaining about tax payers money for S4C.

Then saying the Hall for Cornwall expense,is alright.

The Hall for Cornwall expense,could cost at least twice as much tax payers money than the S4C.

I'm certainly not complaining about tax payers money being allocated to the S4C. I think that the council should contribute to SFC and HFC.

8 minutes ago, Outsider said:

Perhaps all Cornish Sports Clubs should ask Cornwall Council for financial help. If they help S4C, this will set a precedent.

Cornwall Council along with Parish provides and maintain a lot of facilities for peoples recreational pursuits. The likes of playing fields,  tennis courts, gardens, cycle paths, footpaths and many, many other things. Why should people whose recreation is the Arts miss out?