Budleigh Salterton    0,    Teignmouth   1

Plymstock United P-P University of Exeter

CORNWALL CHARITY CUP QUARTER FINALS

Liskeard Athletic    4,    Wendron Utd   0

Mousehole    4,    Penzance   0

Polperro    4,    St Blazey   5

Wadebridge Town P-P Carharrack

Newquay 1 Exmouth 0

It was not pretty, but Newquay won’t mind that as they got their first league win in what seems like forever..

Newquay first half had many more chances than Exmouth..around  seven to one- but did not have a striker with the killer instinct. Exmouth’s chance was the best of the half with Newquay keeper Zac Roberts making a very good almost point blank save, wrapping his diving body around the ball.

The second half saw the sea mist hang over Mount Wise and even with the floodlights on it was easy to lose the flight and sight of the ball.

Midway through the second half Louis Andrade was introduced for his first team debut, replacing Richard Griffin. Having scored 3 in his last two games for Newquay seconds, in the absence of injured Glenn Squires, Andrade played up top with Tyler Cheshire and Jack Bray Evans either side.

Hard to tell if Andrade is the answer to Newquay’s profligacy in front of goal, but his movement looked ok ? OH and his one shot gave Newquay all three points as the ball went through the keepers legs.

A big monkey off Newquays back as they at last win again.

For all the rain we’ve had the pitch played and held together well ! Also Danny O’Hagon took over the Captaincy and vocally tried hard to encourage all his players??????

Numerous players missing today, injuries, holiday, sickness etc, so well done Newquay,  even if it was a poor game to watch..THREE POINTS..

On 08/02/2018 at 10:13, Dave Deacon said:

PREMIER DIVISION

Helston Athletic P-P Torpoint Athletic                    

Ivybridge Town P-P Camelford                  

Launceston P-P Bodmin Town                    

Newquay    1,    Exmouth Town   0

Plymouth Argyle    2,    Tavistock   4                         

Plymouth Parkway P-P Falmouth Town                  

Saltash United P-P Godolphin Atlantic                    

St Austell P-P Cullompton Rangers                           

Stoke Gabriel    5,    Callington Town   0                  

Witheridge P-P Sticker

DIVISION ONE EAST

Alphington    1,    St Martins   4  

Axminster Town P-P Ilfracombe Town                    

Galmpton & Roselands P-P Appledore                   

Honiton Town P-P Liverton United

DIVISION ONE WEST

Bude Town P-P Illogan RBL          

Holsworthy P-P St Dennis            

Ludgvan P-P Millbrook  

Porthleven P-P Elburton Villa

DEVON PREMIER CUP QUARTER FINALS

Bovey Tracey P-P Newton Abbot Spurs

Brixham    0,    Torridgeside   3

Budleigh Salterton    0,    Teignmouth   1

Plymstock United P-P University of Exeter

CORNWALL CHARITY CUP QUARTER FINALS

Liskeard Athletic    4,    Wendron Utd   0

Mousehole    4,    Penzance   0

Polperro    4,    St Blazey   5

Wadebridge Town P-P Carharrack

So pretty good going considering the elements.

All four clubs known in the Senior Cup and three out of four in the Charity Cup.

Proper Job, roll on Tuesday morning.

33 minutes ago, Fanfare said:

St Blazey down to ten men after 17 minutes. Go 3-0 up by half time then 3-2 turns to 5-2 before two late goals make it a close encounter.

Good game for the neutral but a shame that there was so much dissent aimed at the referee.

Must have been a great game for the neutral, highly debatable red card and penalty but Morgan the difference for Blazey. Our skipper superb but too many defensive lapses cost us. Another 5 mins may have made things really interesting! Good luck to Blazey in the next round 

Argyle 2 Tavistock 4 

After such a long lay off it was good to see some football and what a crazy opening seven minutes... Tavi one nil up within the first minute then two minutes later conceed a penalty, 1-1... Then a great goal by Alex Battle to make it 2-1 after 7 minutes... However, Tavi did not sit back and if it was not for the great goalkeeping display of the Argyle keeper, Tavi would have been level and then ahead... However, Jack Crago a sub after 30 mins, scored on 37 and the 39 to put Tavi up 3-2 at half time... Second half saw a different type of game with Tavi being disciplined and denying Argyle space and hitting them on the break.. Final goal was scored by the young sub Alex Cairo on 77mins... It was a great game to watch with both teams playing some neat football on a sticky pitch.... 

Well done Newquay in beating Exmouth ,but its a shame the Tornado has left Newquay to join Cadbury Heath in the Toolstation Western League  cant blame him really due to the travelling he had to make for each match  he could play brilliant 1 week and the next was just awful but i enjoyed watching him play he was a entertainer and thats what fans like to see .Good luck Tornado Bello im sure Newquay will struggle without you we will see maybe Louis Andrade will be a reliable replacement Good luck to the G and Newquay for rest of the season

Great win for us yesterday in horrible conditions!! With a few players missing plus my mate Tornado leaving made the win feel even better.......every player from 1-14 put a good shift in and that’s what is needed every week so well done lads!! ?⚽️ Sorry to see my old team get knocked out of the cup Friday night!! Leeds hope your not drunk in a gutter somewhere ? 

1 hour ago, Danny O said:

Great win for us yesterday in horrible conditions!! With a few players missing plus my mate Tornado leaving made the win feel even better.......every player from 1-14 put a good shift in and that’s what is needed every week so well done lads!! ?⚽️ Sorry to see my old team get knocked out of the cup Friday night!! Leeds hope your not drunk in a gutter somewhere ? 

WE been there so many times before Danny on Easter Monday (7 ?) missing a season wouldn't hurt ( well maybe for a couple days ) I'm over it already. Interesting to see if the CCFA keep St.Austell & Saltash apart ( the glamour final ) with the four sides remaining, or you think they will be kept apart?! ???

Anyway, good result for Newquay yesterday, I actually come over to watch as St Dennis game was off & thought it could of gone either way, but credit to you Newquay lads, both Newquay & Exmouth goal mouths lived a 'charmed life' over heard a few supporters moaning at the tea hut after the 5-0 drubbing the weekend before against Mousehole so lets hope they went home with a smile after the whistle yesterday.  Poor crowd at Mt.Wise yesterday which I was surprised at also with so many matches off? Also heard Bray Evans now seeking a move away after you pinched his Captain armband out of his kitbag Danny (from an older lady sat on the benches by the hut!) Anyway Good luck for remaining games old friend ??

Yep believe I was there on a few occasions (4-5) times a winner! ? but will be interested to see like you are if they keep Saltash and St Austell apart!! Thought we deserved the win yesterday just need to take more of our chances! And as for me being captain Jack just needed to concentrate on getting back to playing his game he is a big player for us and thought he had a really good game yesterday!! ??⚽️

1 hour ago, leedsunited said:

WE been there so many times before Danny on Easter Monday (7 ?) missing a season wouldn't hurt ( well maybe for a couple days ) I'm over it already. Interesting to see if the CCFA keep St.Austell & Saltash apart ( the glamour final ) with the four sides remaining, or you think they will be kept apart?! ???

Anyway, good result for Newquay yesterday, I actually come over to watch as St Dennis game was off & thought it could of gone either way, but credit to you Newquay lads, both Newquay & Exmouth goal mouths lived a 'charmed life' over heard a few supporters moaning at the tea hut after the 5-0 drubbing the weekend before against Mousehole so lets hope they went home with a smile after the whistle yesterday.  Poor crowd at Mt.Wise yesterday which I was surprised at also with so many matches off? Also heard Bray Evans now seeking a move away after you pinched his Captain armband out of his kitbag Danny (from an older lady sat on the benches by the hut!) Anyway Good luck for remaining games old friend ??

I am positive the FA will !

3 hours ago, leedsunited said:

1 hour ago, Danny O said:

Yep believe I was there on a few occasions (4-5) times a winner! ? but will be interested to see like you are if they keep Saltash and St Austell apart!! Thought we deserved the win yesterday just need to take more of our chances! And as for me being captain Jack just needed to concentrate on getting back to playing his game he is a big player for us and thought he had a really good game yesterday!! ??⚽️

1 hour ago, BIG AL said:

I am positive the FA will !

I'd like to see how as its going to be drawn live!

4 hours ago, panda said:

Saltash v Torpoint at Liskeard     St Austell v Mousehole at Falmouith

That's logical but as the CCFA seem hesitant to give a big game to Falmouth, if that is the outcome I could see that game being played at Newquay. If Ashes drew Snoz that would probably be at Liskeard too. Saltash or Torpoint playing Mousehole will give a semi final to St Blazey.

2 hours ago, Outsider said:

What difference does it make what the result of the draw is?  Any combination of the four in the draw will make two good semifinals, and then produce a good fnal to watch.

Why do you think the County wants to keep St.Austell and Saltash apart, Big Al?         

Because they want to scrounge every penny off the gate from more supporters when 2 big names clash .