Copied from Non League Matters site-Hope it is

clear_shim.gif
philglossop
Youth Team Star

Jan 30, 2018, 11:51 AM

Team(s):

Post #15 of 17 (611 views)
Shortcut
Re: [pilgrim46] Must do West Country Non-League Grounds [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Pendeen Rovers is a good one on the cliff top.

Hopefully the glorious Nanpean Rovers ground comes back into use.

St Blazey used to be good with the Par railway line behind.
clear_shim.gif
clear_shim.gif
clear_shim.gif
Mike Odgers
Youth Team Regular

Jan 30, 2018, 1:27 PM

Team(s): Falmouth Town

Post #16 of 17 (518 views)
Shortcut
Re: [philglossop] Must do West Country Non-League Grounds [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

St.Just F C -Brace yourself against the elements when you visit The "Tinners" at Lafrowda Parc to witness an awesome view of the shipping lanes with the Isles of Scilly in the background. I am not sure if the Longships lighthouse is also on view.
Not the most Westerly football club on mainland Britain as it appears to be just edged out by Sennen F C but there again where is the Sennen pitch?
clear_shim.gif
clear_shim.gif
clear_shim.gif
TAWMAN
Junior Team Star

Jan 31, 2018, 3:20 PM

Post #17 of 17 (4 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Mike Odgers] Must do West Country Non-League Grounds [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Saltash and Dorchester? Really? Breeze blocked and soulless. Saltash is the worst ground I've ever visited - a time portal to 1950s Eastern Europe.
On a more positive note, love grounds with raised embankments - Bodmin (and THAT stand), Falmouth and Wadebridge spring to mind. Also, for the views, Appledore, Exmouth and Ilfracombe. To get to via a steam train, Galmpton, Minehead and Watchet. For being grounds with slopes and a bit of individuality, Chard and Holsworthy. For being a classic, unspoiled non-League ground still connected to its community, Ladysmead, Tiverton. For the setting, Crediton and Okehampton and for no particular reason I can put my finger on, Bickleigh.
clear_shim.gif
clear_shim.gif

allowed

Well tawman can't think what view you're talking about at Exmouth ? The setting at Okehampton is nice yes, but the ground is not good and the stand all but derelict and uncomfortable even to take shelter in.

Bodmin, Falmouth, Wadebridge, Newquay, Penzance and a few others have nice stands, old fashioned yes, but good for viewing the game. Nice view from the side opposite the stand at Lafrowda Park, St Just as Mike has said, however, the stand still needs work done to it to make it comfortable - lack of money there I'm afraid. Nice club house though. Nice view from the ground at Witheridge but by heck the wind catches you up there ! Windy up at Culdrose too at times and no proper stand of course. Cant say Culdrose is a '''must visit''' ground though.

2 hours ago, Mike Odgers said:

Cant understand why he puts Kimberley Park at the bottom of his list -relating it to the EasterEuropean grounds "Breeze blocked & soulless) of the 1950's

One of the few grounds I've never been to Mike. At times when we are on holiday in this country (can't afford to go abroad) my wife must get fed up with me saying '''hang on love, I just want to pop up here for a few minutes''' - yes, another football ground. She never complains though bless her. Mind you, I tend to have a look at rugby grounds too. :)

4 hours ago, rougvie said:

A few other favourite 'smaller' grounds with nice views - Week St Mary, Mullion, Calstock, Lanner, Delabole, Dracaena in Falmouth. Boscastle, Gorran, Mevagissey (if they ever get to play again).

Nice little ground at Mullion. Nice friendly people too.

My favourite grounds are the Devon FAs Coach Road. I don't know why, but I always enjoy games there. I also enjoy watching Bampton in the Devon and Exeter League. No stands, nothing fancy, but it's got a tea hut, and is in the shadow of the castle (missing castle, but the hill is still there). 

The worst is my local club, Teignmouth. But the clubhouse is a house, and it's got an open fire. Lovely after a cold match.

I have also always wanted to go and watch Pelynt, purely because I pass it when visiting family down in Polperro. I haven't been to Polperro either. So both are on my to do list.