Copied from Non League Matters site-Hope it is

clear_shim.gif
philglossop
Youth Team Star

Jan 30, 2018, 11:51 AM

Team(s):

Post #15 of 17 (611 views)
Shortcut
Re: [pilgrim46] Must do West Country Non-League Grounds [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Pendeen Rovers is a good one on the cliff top.

Hopefully the glorious Nanpean Rovers ground comes back into use.

St Blazey used to be good with the Par railway line behind.
clear_shim.gif
clear_shim.gif
clear_shim.gif
Mike Odgers
Youth Team Regular

Jan 30, 2018, 1:27 PM

Team(s): Falmouth Town

Post #16 of 17 (518 views)
Shortcut
Re: [philglossop] Must do West Country Non-League Grounds [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

St.Just F C -Brace yourself against the elements when you visit The "Tinners" at Lafrowda Parc to witness an awesome view of the shipping lanes with the Isles of Scilly in the background. I am not sure if the Longships lighthouse is also on view.
Not the most Westerly football club on mainland Britain as it appears to be just edged out by Sennen F C but there again where is the Sennen pitch?
clear_shim.gif
clear_shim.gif
clear_shim.gif
TAWMAN
Junior Team Star

Jan 31, 2018, 3:20 PM

Post #17 of 17 (4 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Mike Odgers] Must do West Country Non-League Grounds [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Saltash and Dorchester? Really? Breeze blocked and soulless. Saltash is the worst ground I've ever visited - a time portal to 1950s Eastern Europe.
On a more positive note, love grounds with raised embankments - Bodmin (and THAT stand), Falmouth and Wadebridge spring to mind. Also, for the views, Appledore, Exmouth and Ilfracombe. To get to via a steam train, Galmpton, Minehead and Watchet. For being grounds with slopes and a bit of individuality, Chard and Holsworthy. For being a classic, unspoiled non-League ground still connected to its community, Ladysmead, Tiverton. For the setting, Crediton and Okehampton and for no particular reason I can put my finger on, Bickleigh.
clear_shim.gif
clear_shim.gif

allowed

• 2 weeks later...

My favourite grounds are the Devon FAs Coach Road. I don't know why, but I always enjoy games there. I also enjoy watching Bampton in the Devon and Exeter League. No stands, nothing fancy, but it's got a tea hut, and is in the shadow of the castle (missing castle, but the hill is still there). 

The worst is my local club, Teignmouth. But the clubhouse is a house, and it's got an open fire. Lovely after a cold match.

I have also always wanted to go and watch Pelynt, purely because I pass it when visiting family down in Polperro. I haven't been to Polperro either. So both are on my to do list.

On ‎12‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 21:47, Atherton LR said:

My favourite grounds are the Devon FAs Coach Road. I don't know why, but I always enjoy games there. I also enjoy watching Bampton in the Devon and Exeter League. No stands, nothing fancy, but it's got a tea hut, and is in the shadow of the castle (missing castle, but the hill is still there). 

The worst is my local club, Teignmouth. But the clubhouse is a house, and it's got an open fire. Lovely after a cold match.

I have also always wanted to go and watch Pelynt, purely because I pass it when visiting family down in Polperro. I haven't been to Polperro either. So both are on my to do list.

I wouldn't bother with Pelynt, caravans for changing rooms, pitch very narrow (does it meet FA requirements? I suppose it must, but its got to be close) Polperro has a better set up with clubhouse at the ground.