Cornwall Football Forum

Combo Groundhop - Any interest?

I have been asked by a club's supporter if clubs would be interested in having a Combo Groundhop over Easter 2019.

Three games on Easter Friday, three on the Saturday and the last game the League Cup final on it's traditional day, Easter Sunday.

Thoughts? 

If a lot of interest I will put it forward at the next committee meeting on 21st Feb.

I think it's a great idea. If organised correctly everyone can benefit from it.

Clubs like St Ives, St Just and Perranwell, where a normal groundhopper might not naturally go have the opportunity to benefit from a bigger than normal crowd.

The SWPL groundhops have been really successful and are always well organised. Hoppers will always buy pin badges of the club they are going to - a money making scheme of any club. Maybe a one page printed teamsheet could suffice as a programme to keep the hoppers happy. I fail to see how it couldn't work out. 

One possible snag arises with RNAS Culdrose a non playing Easter club, the hundreds and thousands who would flock down would miss out on this gem of a ground! :c:

Some replies from the Non League Matters forum. Someone also suggested maybe not the Easter weekend so maybe one where RNAS Culdrose can be involved too?

I would be interested in this, I'm sure I'm not alone on here

---

Lets do it 

---

Love the County. 

Bring it on 

---

I'm there. Definitely. 

---

Spent a considerable amount of time visiting these grounds over the last couple of years, particularly at the end of the season. Would thoroughly recommend this to all. Almost all grounds are railed off and most have a small stand. 

My concern would be the league committee and ability and commitment to organising the event. SWP-Phil may be able to give us his thoughts as I know he has dealings with the league from time to time. 

clear_shim.gif

Great idea. The SWPL gets so much coverage and interest in it, and although this will be on a smaller scale, it would be a great money spinner for the clubs. Also, a great chance for players to play in front of larger crowds and players themselves to see more local football. 

Perhaps run it every other year, maybe when the SWPL groundhop is in Devon. 

As a groundhopper and a Groundhop organiser for 14 seasons in the CMFL and Notts Senior League, I have spoken on the phone to Cornish Teddy Boy this evening and I would come along as I come along to quite a few matches whilst on holiday in Cornwall. I have offered any advise that he or the Combination League Committee would have. There are clubs that have already been on hops in SWPL so wouldnt be able to be revisited as the hoppers dont tend to return to a ground twice, but it still leaves 15 of the 20 clubs that could well be part of the weekend..I have explained its not just a matter of putting certain amount of games on but also getting coaches for those that dont drive, asking clubs to play at times they wouldnt usually do and putting on food and doing programmes and having a badge done. I know Ive always been impressed when visiting Combination Grounds and think it would be a success.

18 hours ago, WendronOfficial said:

Great idea. The SWPL gets so much coverage and interest in it, and although this will be on a smaller scale, it would be a great money spinner for the clubs. Also, a great chance for players to play in front of larger crowds and players themselves to see more local football. 

Perhaps run it every other year, maybe when the SWPL groundhop is in Devon. 

There are no more SWPL groundhops planned, either in Devon or Cornwall.