Cornwall Football Forum

FA confirm list of promotion applicants

On 27/01/2018 at 07:22, Keith B said:

Well done Parkway, I hope they go up and wish them every success. On the minus side, the SWPL will lose out. Parkway always promise a good quality opponent coming to town and a match to be wary of when going to their patch.

They also offer a decent away following for their opposition, meaning extra revenue that will be lost in the league

Parkway will be a loss to the league but then there is an opportunity for others clubs to take their place - that's what the pyramid is about. Maybe in a few years Plymouth will have another club that is a leading side in the swpl. Plymouth Marjon or Lakeside perhaps.

It’s always nice to see teams with ambition for promotion in our league, which is some what lacking these days from the rest of the top sides, I get the financial and Travelling issues, but if more teams showed ambition we can move the Western League westwards considerably. The last team recently that took promotion was Buckland Athletic and they are  doing well! I was at The Mill on Friday night doing my duties as football secretary and I was speaking to the Parkway fans and if they were to go up they would miss us, as great local rivals and friends.

Good luck to Plymouth Parkway and I hope all the hardwork is worth it!