16 Concord Rangers 25 6 10 9 31 37 -6 28
17 Chippenham Town 26 7 7 12 39 50 -11 28
18 Oxford City 27 7 7 13 37 50 -13 28
19 Gloucester City 25 7 5 13 30 42 -12 26
20 Poole Town 25 5 6 14 30 46 -16 21
21 Bognor Regis Town 26 3 11 12 29 47 -18 20
22 Whitehawk 27 3 5 19 27 68 -41 14

1 hour ago, Dave Deacon said:

Being 2 steps away from Football League football? 

That’s not an asset though is it? The potential buyer is purchasing nothing bar a name. Next year is the big year as it’s going to be the first year that it’s actually going to cost someone something 

2 hours ago, St Darren said:

That’s not an asset though is it? The potential buyer is purchasing nothing bar a name. Next year is the big year as it’s going to be the first year that it’s actually going to cost someone something 

It's always cost money, just not TCFC ....the banks and businesses have paid it - now that's gone and everyone wants out.

High Tide up Malpas Park tonight but the fish don't seem to be biting, time to change the bait Older. I remain optimistic rather than pessimistic, you always find one fool out there with more money than sense. At least a local derby against Torquay to look forward to next Boxing Day. The dream continues Zzzz:c::smiley20::c:

8 hours ago, Rayvon said:

High Tide up Malpas Park tonight but the fish don't seem to be biting, time to change the bait Older. I remain optimistic rather than pessimistic, you always find one fool out there with more money than sense. At least a local derby against Torquay to look forward to next Boxing Day. The dream continues Zzzz:c::smiley20::c:

Rayvon, from this are you saying that anyone taking on the running/ownership of the club will be a FOOL?

Question are the Truro players on yearly or week to week contracts? Obviously week to week is cheaper as you only pay when they play, but apart from the fixtures and fittings the only thing of value the club would have would be the player's contracts (if more than year to year), it's good name in the local community, it's share of the Stadium For Cornwall,  and it's place in the football pyramid (re advertising revenue, etc). 

At present the club has a value of £2M which is to be used for it's share of the S4C and if the stadium is built and becomes a success will increase in value, hence increase the value of the club.

Is this £2M part of the the Trustees agreement that when Treyew was sold then another ground would have to be found? Is so, then in a way that £2M would have be discounted as part of the value of the club because, if in the future, if the S4C is built and is a success then Truro City's share of it's value must once again be used to fund another ground, and so on.

The problem is the running costs of the club. At the moment, and I am only guessing the players must be on part time contracts and the only full-times will probably be the manager, secretary and maybe one or two groundsmen. I cannot see them paying for a full-time phisyo, etc. If then club do step up a level to the National League, incomes increase but expenses increase at a much greater rate and being down here, out on a limb to attract the players needed to compete at that level then the club would have to offer full-time contracts. Average players are getting £600-£900 a week, with star players £1,000-£1200. This is more than the average manager on £700-£750 a week. So work out the weekly running costs of the playing staff. 20 players, 16 average, 4 star players, you are looking at £14,000 a week before the other full time employees. 

Yes perhaps you are right they would have to be a fool to take over the running of the club!

Plenty of questions to be answered there cornishteddyboy. I am not privy to day to day running of the club any more but one would assume that the players are on a season long contract which would be the logical, lessons should have been learnt with players being released on free transfers in the past, I see Kieffer Moore has just signed for Barnsley for £765.000 and then of course there was Isaac Vassell. Many jobs are  done at the club on a voluntary basis by loyal supporters for no financial reward. I for one worked for the club for 24 years and never received a penny nor would I expect one, a few perks along the way maybe but that is to be expected, after all our major sponsor has always been a brewery. There are no longer any trustees of the club anymore they were unfortunately dispensed of under the reign of the previous regime which was well publicised at the time. As for the future well unless you have a crystal ball who knows but promotion would be a disaster at the moment unless someone knows something that we don't, remember the old saying "A fool and his money etc" unless you are a clever or lucky businessman of course or a wealthy football fanatic looking for a rich mans plaything. I for one will still be supporting the red and blacks whatever happens in the future, who knows we may even meet up at Penlee Park one day or I might even bump into a few of the the River Boys down Dracena playing field  Cheers and gone. :c: