Cornwall Football Forum

Matches postponed 13/1/18

17 minutes ago, erby ruin said:

Its cause there are 2 pitches there and they assign one pitch each to the league .. had the same with falmouth athletic a few years back and they had one team assigned to each pitch so were allowed to do it

They must have kicked off even earlier than rearranged as I only got to see about ten minutes of the game. Result was a heavy decisive win to the home side, suggested to me that it was something like 15-4, but the person I asked admitted he didn’t know for sure.

Looked to me that pitch played fine.

Troon reserves Vs madron 11.30 kick off pitch just play able game was arranged a couple of days ago.if waited until 2.30 game would of been off with all the extra rain on it and we played a shorter game than usual which helped as pitch very cut up the first team pitch was played on last week and ripped up really bad and holding water in a few places.

53 minutes ago, peggy78 said:

A bit of credit due to the much maligned Madron then. Given the season they are having would have been easy to stick to a 2:30 kick off and try and avoid the game. Fair play to them and Troon for getting a game on in horrendous conditions.

Spot on! A huge well done to both Troon and Madron today, also to Anita for stepping in late to take charge of the match.

I left home for clijah only to see this place out of bounds, then went to illogan, for that to be called off, and ended catching nothing! Had to spend the afternoon cleaning my pond, yes in this weather, the wife's a demanding one! How many games actually got played today?2? I heard even a few 3G pitches were water logged!