Cornwall Football Forum

FA CUP IS NOW A FARCE

Been watching the FA cup on tv and its just a joke now all you are seeing is the reserves and youth players it shouldnt be allowed its like Forest so called giant killing of Arsenal this was Arsenals reserves if that had  been there 1st team they wouldnt of got a look in , Something has got to be done all the premiership teams care about is money now and dont take the FA Cup serious at all . I would be really off if i had paid say £50 hoping to see all the top players and a  load of  kids where playing instead this is frauding the public and it should be stopped once and for all

Cornish Rhino the fa cup use to be a lot better when the premier clubs took the competition more serious ,what im saying is say if i was going to watch say Plymouth vs LIVERPOOL last year Liverpool payed a load of kids then and you pay your money to see the 1st team not a bunch of fringe players and youth players its not cheap to watch football these days .Brilliant draw for Yeovil vs Man utd youngsters i expect but good luck to them

On 09/01/2018 at 10:37, 100%cornish said:

Cornish Rhino the fa cup use to be a lot better when the premier clubs took the competition more serious ,what im saying is say if i was going to watch say Plymouth vs LIVERPOOL last year Liverpool payed a load of kids then and you pay your money to see the 1st team not a bunch of fringe players and youth players its not cheap to watch football these days .Brilliant draw for Yeovil vs Man utd youngsters i expect but good luck to them

Absolute rubbish. You’ve paid to watch Liverpool. You don’t have a right to watch the players you want to watch. 

The FA have ruined their own competition by selling out to tv and stretching the competition over 4 days, semi finals at Wembley. 

For the running of the club finishing higher in the premier league is more beneficial than an FA Cup win!!

2 hours ago, Keith B said:

Not absolute rubbish St Darren - but you're right too. The top clubs don't want to risk players getting injured - their place in the Premier League is too valuable to risk injuries. For each place up the league they achieve, the club gets times millions of pounds and of course, there's more kudos as a premier league team as well.

Both of you have valid points .

Can never understand managers getting grief for fielding “weakened” teams. They’re still selecting a professional footballer!! That’s why most Premier league teams have got squads of 25-30 players. Can understand a supporter getting disappointed when he turns up to watch say a Gerrard and gets a first year pro playing in midfield but that’s why these managers get paid the big money to rotate their squad and still be in these competitions. A lot of the time they are bringing in an international who might not be a regular at his club!? Sometimes it backfires but we all know the score these days, it’s all about the Premier league. The FA Cup used to be great as a kid, that sunny Saturday in May under the twin towers, 3pm kick off, last game of the season,  the only game to watch, players interviewed after drinking a bottle of milk! Different world today I’m afraid, if you gave clubs a choice of winning the FA Cup or finishing top 4 Premier league they would take that everyday. ?

2 hours ago, RAPPO said:

Can never understand managers getting grief for fielding “weakened” teams. They’re still selecting a professional footballer!! That’s why most Premier league teams have got squads of 25-30 players. Can understand a supporter getting disappointed when he turns up to watch say a Gerrard and gets a first year pro playing in midfield but that’s why these managers get paid the big money to rotate their squad and still be in these competitions. A lot of the time they are bringing in an international who might not be a regular at his club!? Sometimes it backfires but we all know the score these days, it’s all about the Premier league. The FA Cup used to be great as a kid, that sunny Saturday in May under the twin towers, 3pm kick off, last game of the season,  the only game to watch, players interviewed after drinking a bottle of milk! Different world today I’m afraid, if you gave clubs a choice of winning the FA Cup or finishing top 4 Premier league they would take that everyday. ?

The Junior cup is the one to win.

The only way to make the FA Cup a priority competition again is to allow the winners a Champions League place rather than the 4th placed team. That would mean clubs take it much more seriously as there's a decent chance of getting into the Champions League. UEFA have done the same with the Europa League and Manchester United took the competition seriously as they could get a place in the Champions League. Other than that I can't see teams taking it any more seriously