Cornwall Football Forum

Combo league title

So after all the xmas games who now would be your title favourite. Myself it's still Perranporth with the backing they have. St.day now slipping off the pace so Falmouth and Carharrack fighting it out for second and third. I believe this season in the combo league has been the best for a few year's with 5 to 6 good team's who could beat each other.

Yep perranporth seem to have some money this season but with no ambition for promotion what's the point? Paying a load of mercenaries to come in for one seasons worht of success, then what? All leave when the money disappears and all of a sudden they'll be the whipping boys of the league as they've pushed out all of the local loyal players? 

Down the bottom will be interesting I can see it going down to the wire, and with all the uncertainties around who will go up and down and not knowing this until June ish time it'll be a good ending!

1 hour ago, S Abbo said:

True that!

Surely you have to try that league above otherwise promotion / relagation is pointless !! league would be waste of time the leagues become stagnant same teams winning every year if u try and can't sustain it then u have tried can't knock sides trying 

2 hours ago, Big Clints said:

Surely you have to try that league above otherwise promotion / relagation is pointless !! league would be waste of time the leagues become stagnant same teams winning every year if u try and can't sustain it then u have tried can't knock sides trying 

Why would perranporth want to do that?? They have a large group of players that have played that level in the past... if they went up i imagine half the team wouldnt wanna travel etc. Dont see no problem with perranporth trying to sustain a successful club at combo level..  

1 hour ago, S Abbo said:

Why would perranporth want to do that?? They have a large group of players that have played that level in the past... if they went up i imagine half the team wouldnt wanna travel etc. Dont see no problem with perranporth trying to sustain a successful club at combo level..  

Wasn't referring to Perranporth  !!,was saying clubs in general u you need ambition to keep the league competitive this is the 1St step in the senior leagues !!

12 hours ago, Sijames said:

Yep perranporth seem to have some money this season but with no ambition for promotion what's the point? Paying a load of mercenaries to come in for one seasons worht of success, then what? All leave when the money disappears and all of a sudden they'll be the whipping boys of the league as they've pushed out all of the local loyal players? 

Down the bottom will be interesting I can see it going down to the wire, and with all the uncertainties around who will go up and down and not knowing this until June ish time it'll be a good ending!

I take it you’re heavily involved in the club?? You seem to know more what our goal is next season then we do! 

Also is the league above a massive step up in quality??! Ludgvan seem to be coping just fine. I’ve watched a few games from league above and the top 5 of combo could easily hold their own in that league

30 minutes ago, Maler10 said:

I take it you’re heavily involved in the club?? You seem to know more what our goal is next season then we do! 

Also is the league above a massive step up in quality??! Ludgvan seem to be coping just fine. I’ve watched a few games from league above and the top 5 of combo could easily hold their own in that league

Are perranporth looking to go up then?

20 minutes ago, Feed the goat said:

Why would perran want to go up?? The club found it hard last time they were in that league, didn’t 6/7 players leave Wendron when they went up?? Seems silly. 

Maler you have a lot to say about perran?? You must know what the managers have decided?? 

I do know a lot about perran as I’m vice chairman! If we go up things will be dealt with in a different way! It’s also down to the club what happens! 

9 minutes ago, Maler10 said:

I do know a lot about perran as I’m vice chairman! If we go up things will be dealt with in a different way! It’s also down to the club what happens! 

As someone involved in the running of a club with potential to go up what would you say are the benefits of going up a division. 

22 minutes ago, Maler10 said:

Good luck from me and credit for giving it a go  , good team you have and play some very good football , it just proves that the combo league has improved over the last two to three seasons and clubs are willing to seek promotion and try to pit their skills at the next level . Just look at Ludgvan and Wendron both doing well in the Swpl   .

Maler10, far from obsessed, just seems I know the players of Perranporth better then you do! Why would you go up with players who left other clubs coz they didn't want to travel and  also stay playing in the combo, so won't they just leave Perran? Seems silly.. Obviously they are telling you different things!! 

3 minutes ago, Feed the goat said:

Maler10, far from obsessed, just seems I know the players of Perranporth better then you do! Why would you go up with players who left other clubs coz they didn't want to travel and  also stay playing in the combo, so won't they just leave Perran? Seems silly.. Obviously they are telling you different things!! 

You’re right not all players will want to go up but believe it or not we can attract other players as well, if you’re interested I will let you know when we start pre season training 

3 minutes ago, Feed the goat said:

maler10, please do I have played at that level and won it! But happy to make the numbers up! You might need a few, but happy to come as money is floating around at Perranporth, st Darren I can tell you now....... No benefits! 

Might be a vicious rumour but I’ve heard the budget could be 10k a week. Players won’t have to pay towards tracksuits next season either. But like I said these could be vicious forum rumours! 

10 hours ago, Feed the goat said:

You might need that money to keep Justin miles as he's been at the G a lot!!  Up the G!! :thumbsup:

This forum just keeps getting better ???? i admire your attempt at spreading utter , but then on the couple of occasions I was watching the G with Milesy! Think I will be president of the G, watch this space