Cornwall Football Forum

Truro secure Boxing Day win

1 minute ago, CornishRhino said:

I definitely can't see us competing in the National League. That's on two levels. I don't think we'd be able to compete financially, not competitively anyway. And I don't think we'd be able to compete on the pitch week in and week out. I do think we'd able to on occasions, just not each week. I do hope something can be sorted out with regards to who takes the club forward.

I would also like to see some positive news about the future.

But I just cant see ,where it will come from.

S4C is nowhere near,being sorted.

Masters will sell as soon as he gets any decent offer,and there is a major problem.

Who in there right mind would invest in TCFC ,with all the uncertainty.

An entertaining game played in atrocious conditions saw Truro run out easy winners against a plucky Poole side. Goaless at half time City upped the pace in the second half with goals from Cody Cooke and two from Tyler Harvey saw the White Tigers ease past the Dolphins. Somerset Spur had a smile wider than the River Solent after a big win from the Yids and a clean sheet from the City. Me pesonally was left reminicing of days gone by and memories of those Boxing Day derbies against the auld enemy when men were men and the F Troop ruled, well at least untill they came up against Tabby. Who knows this local derby could be back on the cards sooner than many people think. As Mary Hopkin would say Those were the days my friend I thought they'd never end.  Cheers:smiley20:

22 minutes ago, Rayvon said:

An entertaining game played in atrocious conditions saw Truro run out easy winners against a plucky Poole side. Goaless at half time City upped the pace in the second half with goals from Cody Cooke and two from Tyler Harvey saw the White Tigers ease past the Dolphins. Somerset Spur had a smile wider than the River Solent after a big win from the Yids and a clean sheet from the City. Me pesonally was left reminicing of days gone by and memories of those Boxing Day derbies against the auld enemy when men were men and the F Troop ruled, well at least untill they came up against Tabby. Who knows this local derby could be back on the cards sooner than many people think. As Mary Hopkin would say Those were the days my friend I thought they'd never end.  Cheers:smiley20:

I don't think Falmouth have a team as low so has to play down Malpas.

3 hours ago, CornishRhino said:

The problem with the new stadium is at the moment it seems as though it is going one step forward, and then in return two steps backwards. I do agree when you say that nobody would want to invest in Truro City. There aren't any incentives when investing in the football club. You are going to lose money, no guarantee of success and well out of the way of any catchment area. We saw how hard it was to get somebody in when the club was previously in administration.

Never hard to get someone in - TCFC had land, land, land - and now they have none and in big trouble.

The investors want a return on what they put in, they have kept their part of the deal ........now TCFC have to pay what they owe.