Cornwall Football Forum

LWC Drinks Combination League Results - Saturday 16th December 2017

Saturday 16th December 2017
Falmouth Town Reserves p-p Perranwell 
Hayle (Liam Mooney) 1-0 Penryn Athletic 
Att- 45
Holman SC (Adam Brown 2 Adam Selley 2, Lewis Goldsworthy) 5-1 Redruth United (Josh Holness)
Att- 20
Perranporth (Luke Wort 2, Ross Sommerville, Justin Searle, Sam Mansfield, Reece Monteith) 6-0 Mullion 
Att- 50
RNAS Culdrose p-p Goonhavern Athletic 
St Agnes p-p West Cornwall 
St Day p-p Helston Athletic Reserves 
St Ives Town (Jordan Astrinksy, Tom Morris, Charlie Boon) 3-2 Illogan RBL Reserves (Jacob Hoon, Callum Cartwright)
Att- 15
St Just (Jack Willis 2, Neil Curnow, Toby Angwin, Charlie Harry) 5-2 Porthleven Reserves (Ben Allen, Gavin Perraton) 
Att- 20

Worth listening to Older. The bloke produced the best playing surface the county has seen over the last 25 years or so. What is the point of 23 blokes stanking around with studs on a pitch that is already ripped up from the previous week or two and has had loads more water on it since!? You just wreck it for the next month! Look after it a bit. You’ve got until the end of May to squeeze it in somewhere! I’m sure the long suffering wives and girlfriends would appreciate their blokes around the week or so before Xmas. ?? Could well be some brownie points in the bag for yourself as well for all the footie later on in the season!! ?

4 hours ago, Sticker Forever said:

Worth listening to Older. The bloke produced the best playing surface the county has seen over the last 25 years or so. What is the point of 23 blokes stanking around with studs on a pitch that is already ripped up from the previous week or two and has had loads more water on it since!? You just wreck it for the next month! Look after it a bit. You’ve got until the end of May to squeeze it in somewhere! I’m sure the long suffering wives and girlfriends would appreciate their blokes around the week or so before Xmas. ?? Could well be some brownie points in the bag for yourself as well for all the footie later on in the season!! ?

Thank you for your kind words there Sticker.

It's always worth remembering that it is not the groundsman or referee that cancels games - it is the weather.

The season now is ten months long, plenty of time to fit games in these days, I would always suggest to get as many games in early to allow cancellations during the winter.

It takes more than a couple of hours to repair a pitch that has been badly damaged by playing when you shouldn't.

And if you liquefy it you won't play on it for at least a month !!!!!

The change in the weather patterns over the last 30 years is causing a lot of problems now,  we don't get a bit of steady rain anymore, it's now a deluge over a couple of hours and no ground can deal with it.....unless of course you have a £1,000,000 premier league sand and rubber  pitch of course.

Best of luck to all the ground staff for this weekend....it will be a tough one.

On 14 December 2017 at 16:20, Sticker Forever said:

Never worth listening to a spuds fan lol  ?

The amount of heavy showers today plus the rain this week will make it very difficult for most pitches to be marked out let alone having to sets of players kicking lumps out of the pitch .

Gutted today late goals are killing us battled back after gifting 2 soft goals credit st Ives their winner was decent, Jacob Hoon and Callum Cartwright for illogan, also ctb can you explain your league table I presume the Perranporth game will be rearranged and I know we lost the Holman's points but 6 wins and 2 draws gives us 20 and you have us on 17, just curious

14 minutes ago, Scoffy said:

Gutted today late goals are killing us battled back after gifting 2 soft goals credit st Ives their winner was decent, Jacob Hoon and Callum Cartwright for illogan, also ctb can you explain your league table I presume the Perranporth game will be rearranged and I know we lost the Holman's points but 6 wins and 2 draws gives us 20 and you have us on 17, just curious

As you did not fulfill the Perranporth fixture, Illogan have been fined, deducted 3 points and the points awarded to Perranporth. The game is recorded as a 0-0 win to Perranporth. One of your draws is is 0-0. Pl 19, 7 wins, 3 draws, 9 defeats. 23 points minus 3 for non played match and minus 3 for playing an unregistered player.

3 hours ago, cornishteddyboy said:

As you did not fulfill the Perranporth fixture, Illogan have been fined, deducted 3 points and the points awarded to Perranporth. The game is recorded as a 0-0 win to Perranporth. One of your draws is is 0-0. Pl 19, 7 wins, 3 draws, 9 defeats. 23 points minus 3 for non played match and minus 3 for playing an unregistered player.

Fair enough wasn't aware the league had done that with the Perranporth game, though can't argue with it. As if conceding late goals isn't bad enough, we even up the games we win!!!!!!!!!!!

Hayle 1-0 Penryn  a tight game which only one goal would settle it , Hayle hit the woodwork in the first half and Penryn in the second  , Ian Roberts was the ref today  he had to issue three yellow cards in the first half  for a couple of silly tackles and warned a couple more about their moaning about every decision , a second half penalty from Liam mooney settled the game  probably Hayle had the more clear cut chances in the second half  , but Ryan Reeve was always dangerous up front , Penryn just didn't get to support him enough but he is still a handful  all the same . At least in the second half both teams got off the refs back and got on with playing football , end to end football but only one goal separated the two teams . Hayle will be glad for the points , and Kane and barbs in midfield both played well  attendance approx 45 and more watching the thirds on the 3G . Credit to Greg yet again for getting the game on and the pitch held up well . Overall a good game played in good spirits even had older watching ( sorry had to get away quick after the game )  and didn't get a chance to really talk apart from him warning me about the old ticker whe I got a bit excited  , cheeky devil .

19 hours ago, stevieb said:

Hayle 1-0 Penryn  a tight game which only one goal would settle it , Hayle hit the woodwork in the first half and Penryn in the second  , Ian Roberts was the ref today  he had to issue three yellow cards in the first half  for a couple of silly tackles and warned a couple more about their moaning about every decision , a second half penalty from Liam mooney settled the game  probably Hayle had the more clear cut chances in the second half  , but Ryan Reeve was always dangerous up front , Penryn just didn't get to support him enough but he is still a handful  all the same . At least in the second half both teams got off the refs back and got on with playing football , end to end football but only one goal separated the two teams . Hayle will be glad for the points , and Kane and barbs in midfield both played well  attendance approx 45 and more watching the thirds on the 3G . Credit to Greg yet again for getting the game on and the pitch held up well . Overall a good game played in good spirits even had older watching ( sorry had to get away quick after the game )  and didn't get a chance to really talk apart from him warning me about the old ticker whe I got a bit excited  , cheeky devil .

And all those youngsters in the bar couldn't  run the line for you .....grrr !!!! winds me up that.

Main pitch looking good, better than I've seen it before, and a credit to get it on if you had the same rain this week that we had.

Well done ....should have been a draw for me, and well reffed I thought, even with all the moaning.