Cornwall Football Forum

Chiverton Park St Agnes AFC

I have missed some posting on here re Chiverton Park but wanted to put up an update from the club in support of the fabulous teams, volunteers and sponsors who have worked so hard to help develop football and facilities in our area.

Chiverton Park has been a second pitch home of St Agnes AFC for 14 years now. We have it on a rolling short term rental lease with temporary planning applied for every 3 years and annual rent.

We are presently fielding 24 teams across youth, girls, men, ladies, veterans and disability. A huge responsibility to fund everything and provide playing facilities! 

Through grants and years of hard work we have been able to improve our facilities at Enys Parc demonstrating our wish to develop things. Not owning the ground at Chiverton Park, the short term lease and temporary planning makes it difficult to make any major changes there. It is not possible to apply for grant funding on a short term lease and difficult to justify large changes or expenditure.

Following some positive communication with our landlords and solicitors we have just negotiated a longer lease which should help us access grant funding and give us time to fulfil the plans we have always dreamed of doing at Chiverton Park. 

Having unfortunately not read all the comments posted on this subject i cannot answer any specific queries.

We have all witnessed so many teams and clubs fall by the wayside in recent seasons and particularly this year so perhaps with a little more understanding of our situation at Chiverton Park those forum posters will see things from a different angle.  I am personally incredibly proud of all our club has achieved including making Chiverton work as best we can within the confines of lease/planning and finance.

I am also really, really grateful to the amazing club volunteers who work so hard at Chiverton Park but have battled critisism for things they can't change. 

We have so far looked at an improved building, done some pitch works and with the extended lease hope to improve things further.

The football community needs to work together and support each other more than ever right now and value each club, team, player, fixture and facility.

If anyone wants to discuss or share opinions any further please get in touch.

Thank you. 

Mandy Kimmins Chair St Agnes AFC 07974 370666