Cornwall Football Forum

Tuesday, Dec 5th 2018 - Oxford City v Truro City

51 minutes ago, somersetspur said:

Oxford City 3 Truro City 1. into injury time.

Two words.

Bubble,burst.

Maybe this fool isnt so daft after all.

Rather go to Bodmin,than Torquay.

You really are a doom and gloom merchant! As a Spurs supporter you should know that all sides go through a bad patch. Although Spurs bad patch has lasted years! Truro are 4 points off the top, Spurs are 18 points off the top. I bet you wish those positions could be reversed.?

10 hours ago, Goldeneye said:

You really are a doom and gloom merchant! As a Spurs supporter you should know that all sides go through a bad patch. Although Spurs bad patch has lasted years! Truro are 4 points off the top, Spurs are 18 points off the top. I bet you wish those positions could be reversed.?

Next two games ,away at Welling,then Sutton.

Looking in my doom and gloom,crystal pot,cant see much success coming out of those two games.

Just now, somersetspur said:

Next two games ,away at Welling,then Sutton.

Looking in my doom and gloom,crystal pot,cant see much success coming out of those two games.

Oh by the way.

Dont forget to tune into BT sport to see the Champions League games,tonight.

Tottenham Hotspur.Group won.Top spot,done and dusted in the so called group of death. 

19 hours ago, Goldeneye said:

What do you expect? He has had to be fairly quiet recently while things have been going well, so you can hardly be surprised that he has taken an early opportunity to jump in with the doom and gloom once a sticky patch comes along.

29 minutes ago, djs said:

What do you expect? He has had to be fairly quiet recently while things have been going well, so you can hardly be surprised that he has taken an early opportunity to jump in with the doom and gloom once a sticky patch comes along.

I will stick to my predication.

Better than last season with no relegation problems,but bottom half of the table.

Oxford scored from a breakaway to make it 3-1 when Truro were pressing for the equaliser, the teams kicked off and that was the end of the game, yes we were suffering but that happens when missing players through suspension, injury etc. Recent fixtures have seen the team suffering from excessive travel something to be expected with a club averaging more miles per game than any other non league club in Britain.

It is really clever to forecast a defeat when we play Sutton who at this time ride high as Non Leagues current TOP TEAM. - DON'T PANIC we always have tight games against them it's not all over.

On ‎06‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 17:56, Sticker Forever said:

Including the pitch as well would have thought Dave? A lot of games called off with waterlogging at Priory Park. 

20 hours ago, MOUNTAINEER said:

Oxford scored from a breakaway to make it 3-1 when Truro were pressing for the equaliser, the teams kicked off and that was the end of the game, yes we were suffering but that happens when missing players through suspension, injury etc. Recent fixtures have seen the team suffering from excessive travel something to be expected with a club averaging more miles per game than any other non league club in Britain.

It is really clever to forecast a defeat when we play Sutton who at this time ride high as Non Leagues current TOP TEAM. - DON'T PANIC we always have tight games against them it's not all over.

Standard council pitch innit.

On 07/12/2017 at 20:49, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

Standard council pitch innit.

I would say thats slightly harsh. Alot of hard work has gone into thata pitch in recent years. I know bodmin spend alot of money gradually improving but without the money that the likes of Truro have these improvements will never be instant.

From what i know there is money set aside if truro ever decide to follow this route.

14 hours ago, cornishrambler said:

I would say thats slightly harsh. Alot of hard work has gone into thata pitch in recent years. I know bodmin spend alot of money gradually improving but without the money that the likes of Truro have these improvements will never be instant.

From what i know there is money set aside if truro ever decide to follow this route.

I've not seen any improvement to the field anytime I've been there, always a stodgy old wet council pitch from what I've seen.

And what Truro are supposed to have different to others I'm sure I don't know.