Cornwall Football Forum

I would have thought it was the logical solution especially as the Trelawney league is short of teams. Trouble is football costs so much money now when your stuck down here and it's more difficult for people to get the time off work. And players who are interested enough to travel if they are good enough standard. Players mentality is a lot different now

bit off more than they can chew by the looks of things when taking promotion, many clubs find themselves in the same situation and regret things and considering a lot of the decisions were done by the players they only have themselves to blame from what i gather.  They'll be back to a comfortable level and back to beating teams in these leagues as opposed to testing themselves and the club at a respectable level, easy option to drop down in my opinion and a real lack of ambition which could backfire when certain players realise this also. 

The clubs sitting at the bottom of the Combination league (rock bottom like redruth / holmans) will be licking their lips at the thought of only one going down this season, unless they also opt to go down, how would this work if Holmans, redruth AND illogan wanted to all go down? do the league rules in the Trelawny league allow for such a thing? i have heard Wendron and Lizard will be applying to go up from the Trelawny Prem to Combo, and have heard no one is applying to go up from the combination league to the SWPL West, so could get interesting as the numbers have to stay the same in the Combo as nothing was voted on at the last AGM to reduce the teams.

5 hours ago, Sijames said:

bit off more than they can chew by the looks of things when taking promotion, many clubs find themselves in the same situation and regret things and considering a lot of the decisions were done by the players they only have themselves to blame from what i gather.  They'll be back to a comfortable level and back to beating teams in these leagues as opposed to testing themselves and the club at a respectable level, easy option to drop down in my opinion and a real lack of ambition which could backfire when certain players realise this also. 

The clubs sitting at the bottom of the Combination league (rock bottom like redruth / holmans) will be licking their lips at the thought of only one going down this season, unless they also opt to go down, how would this work if Holmans, redruth AND illogan wanted to all go down? do the league rules in the Trelawny league allow for such a thing? i have heard Wendron and Lizard will be applying to go up from the Trelawny Prem to Combo, and have heard no one is applying to go up from the combination league to the SWPL West, so could get interesting as the numbers have to stay the same in the Combo as nothing was voted on at the last AGM to reduce the teams.

Or they’ll go back to a level to ensure that they maintain a club in illogan for the community that it was originally intended for. 

What ambition do you expect clubs to have? 

Sijames are you just stirring or do you have a short memory. When Illogan were winning the  Combination League people slated them for not taking promotion, now they have tried Penisula football for 4 seasons you say they bit off more than they can chew. Damned if you do and damned if you don’t comes to mind. At least they tried well done for that

On 04/12/2017 at 09:00, Sijames said:

You no nothing that goes on at Illogan football club . Yet you come on here having ago at the club for trying something that takes a lot of money what with all the traveling . The club don’t pay but most other clubs do if you don’t pay most players will move there lies the problem so why struggle for a team . And get beat every week just to please you your like Victor Meldrew love a good moan ?

Now now dry your eyes young man. I'm purely saying things that are worthwhile won't come easy, so why the drastic (and the dreadful knockon effect it'll have on the reserves and thirds) decisions? What now if for arguments sake holmans and redruth both want to go down and finish in the bottom 2? Meaning only they go down to the trelawny league. You then have no choice other than to pull your firsts out of the league, and reapply (try to) via trelawny 4! And your combo then become your firsts and your current thirds become the 2nds! Has that crossed the minds of the committee (or you!!)