Cornwall Football Forum

Falmouth v Hayle NOTE- kick off 2pm

Just now, Mike Odgers said:

Cornwall Senior Cup  2nd Round 2pm. kick off Bickland Park

Falmouth Town (4th.Swpl)   v  Hayle (17th.CCL)

This looks a tough task for Hayle who are 50 places below Falmouth in the Pyramid tables

I would not at all be surprised if Hayle won this game.

6 hours ago, Mike Odgers said:

Cornwall Senior Cup  2nd Round 2pm. kick off Bickland Park

Falmouth Town (4th.Swpl)   v  Hayle (17th.CCL)

This looks a tough task for Hayle who are 50 places below Falmouth in the Pyramid tables

Thanks for that Mike  . 

7 hours ago, BIG AL said:

Big al are you going  ? 

17 minutes ago, stevieb said:

Thanks for that Mike  . 

Big al are you going  ? 

was going to walk out to this one but a stupid 2pm ko makes this impossible. Surely floodlights can be used otherwise was is the point of having them. Shall have to consult twitter !

10 minutes ago, BIG AL said:

was going to walk out to this one but a stupid 2pm ko makes this impossible. Surely floodlights can be used otherwise was is the point of having them. Shall have to consult twitter !

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

7 hours ago, BIG AL said:

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

2 hours ago, BIG AL said:

Personally I am glad early kick off , have to get back early for works Xmas do , but I can understand your thinking , but also can appreciate the cost of putting on the floodlights , probably not a big pull crowd wise  as Hayle don't have a big following away  from home , 

47 minutes ago, mattelot said:

Yet won 4-1  in the league cup last week and beat the current holders in the previous round .wrong yet again Al ! :SM_carton:

When did they last win the senior cup and have they ever one the swpl league cup ? I don't think so but of course they never do any wrong - I forgot that !

19 minutes ago, BIG AL said:

When did they last win the senior cup and have they ever one the swpl league cup ? I don't think so but of course they never do any wrong - I forgot that !

True town supporters are gratefull for the glory days of the past .good times indeed .True town supporters have always turned out during the lean years .True town supporters  turn out in all weather' and regardless of ko times .True town supporters are gratefull to the chairman committe manager and present players for turning the clubs fortunes around and look forward to the future . Wasters however will always moan criticise  and belittle .

11 hours ago, mattelot said:

True town supporters are gratefull for the glory days of the past .good times indeed .True town supporters have always turned out during the lean years .True town supporters  turn out in all weather' and regardless of ko times .True town supporters are gratefull to the chairman committe manager and present players for turning the clubs fortunes around and look forward to the future . Wasters however will always moan criticise  and belittle .

And with a comment like that you wonder why I DO NOT GO. I have been supporting Falmouth a lot longer than you have and can remember having to book a week ahead to get on the supporters coaches on the Saturday and we still even then criticised if the team was poor so what has changed ?

45 minutes ago, Mike Odgers said:

Its a  pity as Dennis Annear was about to make a Falmouth appearance.

Tie now arranged for next Saturday December 9th.

With three Town players on County duty next week, Hayle will be pleased and so will Falmouth who were set to play at Bodmin.

Shame but hopefully next week , hope big al can make arrangements would like to put a face to the name , also Mike O as well  , good to catch up with forum posters , better week for me as not so pushed for time . 

9 minutes ago, stevieb said:

Shame but hopefully next week , hope big al can make arrangements would like to put a face to the name , also Mike O as well  , good to catch up with forum posters , better week for me as not so pushed for time . 

Why could this not be arranged for mid week when a full strength team could have been played ?

1 minute ago, BIG AL said:

Why could this not be arranged for mid week when a full strength team could have been played ?

No idea , but I don't think Falmouth will be to worried about losing a couple of players against Hayle combo , on the other hand perhaps they were worried the pitch couldn't recover in time , come along next week you never know could be not as one sided as most predict  ,   It's good to put faces to forum posters , have met 100 per cent and smokie , older , tania at  Godolpin , postman pat  BD, to name some ,

11 hours ago, leedsunited said:

Why would this fixture not be On?

Locusts , plague , flood  , pitch not recovered , fire , frozen pitch , vandalism , health and safety  issues , sickness , distemper  , zombie invasion , big Al , train strike , brexit,  Xmas shopping with the other half .ect :yahoo:

11 hours ago, stevieb said:

Hopefully Game on ,  hope to meet Big Al  and Mike O  ,   Mike if not on does the fixture take place at Hayle the following week . ?  

It does apply in the SW Peninsula League but not sure if the County F A have adopted this situation.

Steve I will be watching near the pay box so just ask in there for me.

13 minutes ago, Mike Odgers said:

It does apply in the SW Peninsula League but not sure if the County F A have adopted this situation.

Steve I will be watching near the pay box so just ask in there for me.

Thanks Mike will see you later , and maybe big Al. ????   Might have two Hayle supporters coming with me should add to the atmosphere  lol , 

Falmouth 8-0 Hayle , 3-0 half time ,. Hayle done ok first half  and had one cleared of the line and a good shout for a  pen which  one was given the other end for basically the same foul , pleased that only three down  at half time but second half was like a siege  with Hayle  hardly getting out of their half ,  the higher placed team were clinical in front of goal  , pitch cut up in the second half ,lots of work for the ground staff to put right ,. Hayle put up a good fist of it and kept . Going but Falmouth class told overall , thought Alan hoon  had a good game and kept the cards to a minimum as one or two from both sides  lost the plot . Good touch from Falmouth with drinks and chocolate provided for the ref and the assistances . Falmouth the better team and good luck in the next round ,. One negative on the day  my goodness is it just the swpl but don't they like to moan , query every descion  , just get on with it and let the ref do his job  . Big plus met Mike Odgers great to put a name to the face of another poster .

4 hours ago, stevieb said:

Falmouth 8-0 Hayle , 3-0 half time ,. Hayle done ok first half  and had one cleared of the line and a good shout for a  pen which  one was given the other end for basically the same foul , pleased that only three down  at half time but second half was like a siege  with Hayle  hardly getting out of their half ,  the higher placed team were clinical in front of goal  , pitch cut up in the second half ,lots of work for the ground staff to put right ,. Hayle put up a good fist of it and kept . Going but Falmouth class told overall , thought Alan hoon  had a good game and kept the cards to a minimum as one or two from both sides  lost the plot . Good touch from Falmouth with drinks and chocolate provided for the ref and the assistances . Falmouth the better team and good luck in the next round ,. One negative on the day  my goodness is it just the swpl but don't they like to moan , query every descion  , just get on with it and let the ref do his job  . Big plus met Mike Odgers great to put a name to the face of another poster .

Big Al wasn't there .the pavements were to wet for his delicate feet !

4 minutes ago, BIG AL said:

2pm ko wasn't it - I would have worn boots !

Would have liked to have put a face to your name big Al  , shame you couldn't / wouldn't make it , at least you would of been entertained  plenty of goals , incidents , saves . You can see the difference  in the levels of football  with fitness and goal scoring and Falmouth had some away with Cornwall youth , no disgrace to lose by a heavy margin  but it will give Hayle plenty to think and build on . No excuses but Hayle were also missing some from their squad  but the twelve who did play gave their all , anyway back to the league next week , Hayles adventure in the senior cup over for another year .

It was good to say hello Steve but I didn't realise you had to shoot off to run the line-plenty more to talk over for future meets.You do a good service for  local football and of course your fellow assistant Dave James.

I only saw first half and i thought Hayle defended well -not in desperation but organised and I can't recall Falmouth getting behind the back line for any clear cut chances.There was a 10 minute or so spell when Hayle had Town on the back foot and with a bit more power would have scored but captain Joe cleared yards from the line.

I was not surprised to hear Falmouth come on strong in the second half as this is one of the fittest squads I have seen in my many years at Bickland as I understand they employ  very intense training sessions.

Hoping Hayle can climb the table as the club with its facilities and ambitions are sure to be a future  name in Cornish football.

btw the third goal from a corner is showing debate -was it own goal or maybe Joe Cooper who got a touch? ----- Joe Cooper confirmed

Two Ex Falmouth players in the Hayle lineup Matt Laity (2012/13) 13 Apps) and layer manager Lee Patchett (2003/04) 25 Ap.