Cornwall Football Forum

Confused From Hayle

Listening to Colin Quinn on the radio,the Hayle v Penryn attendance for this SWPL(W) game at windy Trevassack was estimated up to 150

The seasonal average for Hayle is only 26 (highest 36) so they benefitted being the only senior game in West Cornwall.

From "Confused of Hayle"

If this is true how come on the Peninsula League Website the gate has been put as 41. Don't tell me over 100 got in for free.

I was at the match (my 2nd trip to Hayle this season already !)

I have no idea how, why, where anybody thought the crowd was 150. I had a quick head count just after half time and reckoned about 55. Hayle declared 41 which means either I can't count or more likely 41 of the 50 ish that were present paid to get in and the missing few included club officials from both sides as well as Mark Hayman and myself.

Phil H

Thanks Phil, thought 150 was way over the top.

Pz played Hayle (a local derby) in the Combo at Trevassack and I did a head count of 47 (about half from Pz).

When I went in the lad on the turnstile charged me but wanted to let my daughter in for free. She's 17 so I insisted I pay for her as it's only fair to any club. All clubs need cash and just because she's a girl she should pay and not get in free.

Just to clear up any misconceptions, after checking the gate receipts, number of programmes left, and a quick head count. Then deducting the extra help we drafted in, with the expectation of a better than normal gate, until Radio Cornwall announced the game was off, and spoilt that plan! The final total was in the region of 41 so that was our declaration.

Guest Peppermint

That is really disappointing Ian. Radio Cornwall should be ashamed and owe your Club an apology.

At the Newquay/Foxhole game there was probably a larger than normal gate but a lot of people seem to magically appear just before or just after half time.

Why on earth would they announce that your game was off when you had not informed them it was not on! The Forum on Saturday morning, I am sure, carried a posting stating that your game was on against Penryn. It was announced on Atlantic FM that your game was one of very few still on but that announcement came in the Sports Programme that only started at 2pm and probably too late for some people to travel.

Guest plainmoor

Radio cornwall do not care about local grass roots football, all they are interested in is rugby and truro even if it means speding hundreds on expenses to travel out of the county. 2 weeks ago dave deacon spent about a minute trying to get dave leonard to guess how many games he had been manager only to tell him the real count when he got it wrong, is this really what people want to hear? as a result one of the grass roots managers had to be cut of short from his interview, shocking.

truro commentary is getting as boring as their results.

get a proper sports reporter and producer in to do a decent job, many hospital radio stations have far better presenters in their midst doing a better job for nothing.

New point,

Why can't the rugby half hour start at 4.50 and then the football half hour start at 5.25, that way each will get a full half hour and if they want to put a bit of music inbetween they can do it also gives them 5 minutes at the end to talk about the day.

Guest Peppermint

Why have music at all within a Sports Programme it is only necessary when they have to fill in because of technical difficulties etc. They do not put a record or cd on in the middle of Match of the Day do they - or is that too simple.

Guest Peppermint

Good point Soccer Follower. Perhaps Radio Cornwall's Sports Programme will contain a grovelling aplogy to Hayle Football Club on Saturday. Sorry my mistake - pink pig has just flown by outside!!!!