Cornwall Football Forum

BOND TIMBER CORNWALL JUNIOR CUP - 3rd ROUND - Saturday November 25th 2017

On 11/25/2017 at 21:53, Billy Davies said:

GSM United 0 Losty 1

We were fortunate to win today against a very good GSM team. GSM dominated possession and territory in the first half kicking up hill against a strong wind. We managed to keep them at bay and on;y threatened from set pieces. Second half again we were on the back foot and somehow managed to survive without having a single shot on goal. Extra time and with the wind and slope we again struggled to create and GSM were given a penalty when Centre Forward Keegan was clipped in the box. Luckily they missed the Pen and a couple other chances and it stayed 0-0. Second half of extra time we again battled manfully without creating and we hung on until minute 118 when sub Nathan Gough burst down the wing and crossed for Johnny Harris to calmly slot a goal with our first shot on target. GSM CAME RIGHT BACK AT US and were awarded another pen in the last minute which they again missed. GSM had one last attack which we managed to repel ansd survived to progress. MOM Ben Ringrose and the lad Keegan up top for GSM were superb but for us I would give it to Josh Cook outstanding at the back. GSM away next week in the Knockout Cup, I will be away sadly Great food at the pub and a good bunch of lads. Come on LOSTY.:smiley20:

A bit late, but I've just noticed this thread. You're being ridiculously modest, Billy. You made at least 4 or 5 match-winning saves, including a penalty. There's some photos of the match here  

Gerrans & St Mawes United 0. Lostwithiel 1 (AET), Cornwall Junior Cup 3rd round, November 2017