Millbrook 4, Wadebridge Town 2 
Mousehole 4, Plymouth Marjon 2 
Penzance 8, Bude Town 1 
Plymstock United 0, St.Blazey 2 
Porthleven 4, Dobwalls 2 
St Dennis 4, Illogan RBL 0 

WALTER C PARSON FUNERAL DIRECTORS LEAGUE CUP 3RD ROUND
Falmouth Town 4, Torridgeside 1

Good 3 points to the G this afternoon in a 3-0 win over a young Witheridge team , bitterly cold afternoon and a minutes silence was held before the match for NEWQUAY legend great  footballer and goal scorer PHIL RYDER R.I .P both teams stood in silence  inbecable and then the match got started wasnt the best of games but a piece of magic by the little Gem TIAGO SOARES beat severel players and scored a great goal with a brilliant  shot to make it 1-0 to the G .I Never saw the last  2 goals i was frozen by then and wanted to get back to watch the Wales vs New ZEALAND  R UGBY MATCH.My man ofthe match goes to the Gs Goalie Ethan Fern who did some important saves and for Witheridge the young no3 I thought he was outstanding Well done to both teams the officials the crazy buggers who came out in freezing conditions and most of all the Gs Special lady Tania who took the entrance money today as well as serving food she is a credit to the club

BODMIN TOWN 1 EXMOUTH TOWN 1

First visit to Bodmin since Warnocks mob were in town early pre season.

I'd noted quite a lot of changes personnel wise with many players having left for pastures new (especially the field of gold down Parkway)

In turn, I found the change in football standard a bit of a shock today really. 

Without wishing to be disrespectful, the casual visitor to Bodmin games circa last season may very well wonder what the hell has produced such a radical change in circumstances this time around?

Today we had a mystery Assistant alongside Mr Gilbert barking out instructions but it appeared to be a closely guarded secret who the hell he was? I asked a number of regulars and got a blank response from all of them. My apology if its already been in the Press or been a cosy coffee table discussion on BBC Spotlight.

The distinct drop in quality football-wise since last season is significant. You cannot keep flagging up a change in personnel as an excuse, surely sooner or later these (new) Bodmin players are expected to bond and become familiar with standard strategy, profile and tactics. Bodmin today looked like a side that had hardly played a game together.

Exmouth haven't had nowhere near as good a start as last season themselves but they were desperately unlucky to not snatch an away win today. Some of the sitters they fluffed beggar belief. In the first period they looked to be lacking confidence, second half (probably after a half time rollicking) they played the more dominant progressive football and Bodmin seemed all over the place.

Who could blame some of the 63 lost souls witnessing this very average affair leaving early. At least the Exmouth contingent stuck it out.

I saw Bodmin put up a major performance at Parkway in the Vase recently, they seemed hard done by that day, today they appeared to be lacking direction, cohesion and commitment.

In a season when the hungry expansion-seekers from Plymouth seem to be calling all the shots the SWPL needs a strong Bodmin Town, I sincerely hope Mr Gilbert and his mystery assistant can hold back the advancing tide and give us a bit of excitement (dare I say competition) in the second half of the season.

Saturday 25th November 2017

Saltash United  v Plymouth Argyle Reserves(home)SWPL(Premier Division)

Saltash United line-up:Ryan Rickard,Lewis Edwards,Callum Martindale,Steve Sargison,Toby Clark,Sam Leary,Henry Wilson,Tom King,Sam Hughes,Ryan Richards,Richard Maddison.

Subs used:Sam Farrant for Tom King(64 mins),

Dave Trott for Richard Maddison(75 mins),

Lee Phillips for Sam Hughes (81 mins).

Unused subs:Dave Barker & Callum O'Brien.

Bookings:King & Edwards..

Result:Saltash United 0 Plymouth Argyle Reserves 0  

Scorers:

Referee:Neil Lane (Plymouth).

Attendance:122

The match might have finished 0-0 but the paying public were treated to 90 minutes of entertaining football.

The verdict from the Saltash management after the game was that they were pleased with a point but disappointed it was not three.Out of the two goalkeepers on display Max Childs in the Argyle goal was the busier of the two.Argyle had six first team squad players in their line-up but after early pressure from the visitors the game settled down.

The first 45 minutes was end to end football with Argyle creating a couple of chances but Ryan Rickard in the home goal was equal to it.At the other end Childs made a good save from Ryan Richards with a 1 on 1 and right on half-time Sam Hughes had a great chance to put the Ashes in front but childs pulled off another superb save.

Twice in the first 10 minutes of the second half Childs was called upon to keep the scores level with saves from Edwards and then Richards and then pressure from the home side resulted in several corners one after the other.With 15 minutes left Hughes had a shot but the effort went just wide when it looked like for once Childs was beaten.

At the end of the day Argyle will be happier with the point than the Ashes.

This is the fourth time the two teams have met in the league and this is the first time there have been no goals and the first ever draw.