Cornwall Football Forum

Cornwall Women's Cup

St Teath Ladies may have lost 0-18 to the holders Callington Town Ladies but the attitude shown by the home side was nothing short of exceptional. Even at 0-10 down they were still playing with smiles on their faces and enjoying their game. Lucy in the home goal had a great game and ended up playing in midfield.

They nearly scored in the last ten minutes when the Cally keeper had to tip the ball over the bar with possibly her first touch of the second half.

Well done St Teath Ladies!

20 minutes ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

Penryn 5 ...Illogan 4 -  good game to watch, and some cracking goals.

Unusual to see a bit of real handbags at one point, and a bit of moaning at the referee from the Illogan girls (!)

But all in all a deserved win for Penryn against a strong Illogan team.

Funny how “a bit of real handbags” looks rather sexist in a ladies match report, but bog standard banter in the men’s game. Shame really I always thought that Older was a closet feminist!

1 hour ago, Bruegel the Elder said:

Funny how “a bit of real handbags” looks rather sexist in a ladies match report, but bog standard banter in the men’s game. Shame really I always thought that Older was a closet feminist!

Feminist (!) ...chauvinist pig would be nearer the mark - oink, oink.

1 hour ago, Fanfare said:

Someone at CCFA HQ needs to imput the scores correctly. The result reads Illogan Ladies 1-2 Penryn Ladies (3-3 after 90 minutes). That makes it 4-5!

3-3 after 90 minutes .....5-4 after extra time.

Got me worried now, think I can count (?)

2 minutes ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

Feminist (!) ...chauvinist pig would be nearer the mark - oink, oink.

3-3 after 90 minutes .....5-4 after extra time.

Got me worried now, think I can count (?)

I know you can count, I was commenting on the way it is written on the CCFA website. Although the way you wrote it I assumed Penryn were the home team!